Reviews for To Fight The Coming Darkness
Emerald Rose nee Potter chapter 41 . 4/17
Absolutely astounding. Bloody and brutal but completely brilliant.
Good Nice
Good
Good Nice
dark lord Nedved chapter 7 . 2/28
I like it. It has great ideas so far. My only critique is the the dialogue for the different characters doesn't seem like it comes from different people, more like one Omnipotent being (you the writer) speaking in everyone dialogue.
Deirdre1 chapter 8 . 2/27
"Why Charles, you *do* keep in shape!" Bwahahahahaha!
MuggleDumbledore chapter 41 . 2/23
story was ordinary. In your attempt for a realistic story, your characters were so out of depth that the character development became redundant. I think you idolize GRRM, it seemed like you had some personal vendetta against the characters you disliked or thought to be expendable. There is a difference between dark themes and grotesqueness, your story (at many points) very much bordered on the latter. Its good to have detailed fight sequences but you don't need 40 POVs to for that clarity.
tomweston01 chapter 6 . 2/20
Loving the fic so far, especially that I can see each character as a real person which makes a big difference.
Quick note on biscuits and gravy
- No we don't have it in the U.K. :(
- Also biscuits to us are what I think you would call cookies or crackers and I don't know much about your gravy but for us it's a thin brown sauce made with the oils off meat and served with a roast or similar.
suziq968 chapter 38 . 1/31
This story has interesting plot points but it's starting to feel very GRRM. It's like you just want to kill as many characters off as possible unless they are really liked by you. I'm only bothering to finish it because I've come so far and I'm really disappointed at this point. You've done better.
suziq968 chapter 20 . 1/30
So glad I'm reading this after its fully posted. Wicked cliffy.
suziq968 chapter 16 . 1/30
Awesome! I thought she'd get caught by a portrait, but this is Sooooo much better. Go Ghostpercy!
suziq968 chapter 15 . 1/30
Usually Fawkes takes Harry's side in the fics where Dumbles is actually evil, not just stupid.
suziq968 chapter 12 . 1/30
Ding ding the witch is dead. Shame the rock wasn't bigger, would have been more houselike. This is really an enjoyable read.
suziq968 chapter 8 . 1/30
That was wonderful. Narcissa has Charlie at a bit of a disadvantage there, poor guy. Somehow, I think he'll be okay with it.
suziq968 chapter 3 . 1/30
The thing that I had a problem with was Dumbledore just kept telling Harry not to dwell on the past and that his failings aren't the reason for Harry's problems. The past was just a couple months ago and his failings were the cause of most of Harry's problems. Dumbles is a manipulator and there is no excuse for his behavior in leaving Harry with the Dursleys, allowing Snape's abuse and not clearing Sirius' name. They may just be plot holes, but they still have no excuse.
2,829 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »