Reviews for To Fight The Coming Darkness
Blazeb79 chapter 41 . 4/13
Good story.
Azeri88 chapter 9 . 3/13
I think this story is just brilliant, I really love the unusual slant you've given the harry/fumbled ore relationship, confrontational with out being ridiculous! I must admit, I'm now a Susan convert, and she doesn't seem like a copy of Ginny or hermione at all. Err one question, you mention a couple of times the 'mainland' do you mean Europe? Because we call it the Continent, NOT the mainland, Britain is not a subsidiary of Europe
steeltoedsandal chapter 9 . 3/13
I really enjoyed the dursley's tale of woe. It makes a lot of sense why they treat Harry like garbage, since they were also treated that way. I'll keep reading but I wanted to give you some props for that.
goodtoexcellent chapter 1 . 3/5
the later chapters of phenix dawns (-i think ) Effects and sideeffects has good battles
lotusalchemist chapter 7 . 2/27
There is a harry potter version monopoly.
loek.janssen.9 chapter 16 . 2/12
the mother of all plot twist.. loving it!
rlchala chapter 41 . 2/11
I believe the most interesting part of this story is seeing your progress as a writer throughout it. The beginning had a few cringeworthy parts, one dimensional characters, an annoying and rebellious protagonist, and a flat love interest. It was also full of cliches like the 'end of line clauses' the lordships, the goblins and so on.

But I saw you grow as a writer every chapter. Your characters motivations were explained, and their reactions toned down to a more believable standard, Susan flourished, and your plot became intriguing and full of surprises.

Maybe there was to much death. The almost eradication of the weasleys felt a little to close to bashing them. The death of fleur was uncalled for, and the Neville part was very disturbing. But it was a very entertaining story, and makes me want to read your original work, just to see how much better as a writer you are now.

Thanks
misherukuro chapter 24 . 2/1
Thanks for the entertaining read. ,
Spica75 chapter 21 . 2/1
Nice alternate chapter names there.
How about "Disarming Dumbledore" as another alternative?
Spica75 chapter 11 . 2/1
A Roman short sword is a gladius. A glaive is a polearm, and has nothing to do with Romans.
Spica75 chapter 9 . 1/31
Some really novel stuff here, especially liked Peter studying motivational thinking, lol. Flighty Narcissa was neat as well. Also nice to see a proper Potter will, one that does not retroactively know that Peter is a traitor despite trusting him at the time.
And letting Peter be the competent person his deeds show him to clearly be.

However, its extremely kliché with the "my old friends were never really friends and must now be automatically rejected". Even if you did it better than average, its still very thin on believability.

Ron is a shallow, jealous and often nasty git, and Harry still sticks with him like glue if given the chance, but hes about the only one to be believable to drop as a friend. And thats mostly because Ron is petty enough to let something get between them and stay there.
Ditching Hermione because of what happened so far? Not a chance. And likewise from her side even if Harry tried.
Ginny would mope, be pissed off like hell, possibly blow something up, for a while and then most likely get over it and start focusing on keeping Harry -alive-. After spending most of her life as a fangirl, theres no way she wouldnt, especially when it could let her at least stick around him.
mab70 chapter 26 . 1/28
I know this is war and all but do you have to kill somebody important every chapter?
Also, I have been screaming at Harry and Dumbledore to redo the Fidelus charm ever since they knew Snape was a traitor. I mean, if you gave a key to your house to a friend and then found out that friend was out to hurt you , the first thing you would do is change the locks to your house.
Confused chapter 6 . 1/25
Is there a reason that you misspell HermIOne's name every single time? The first couple of times I thought they were typos, but it seems to be a pattern after several chapters of it.
harry and ron both got the same grades, they where B student but so many people like to say harry could have been one of the best students in school. well why not ron if he did not get made fun of for year a wand that was made for him. he did well later in life so why not
Daphne y yo chapter 31 . 12/7/2014
Wow, that Voldywart interview is perfect. Very interesting seeing both sides.
2,661 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »