Reviews for To Fight The Coming Darkness
Good
Seriously? Percy just died and their response is 'let's wait till everyone wakes up to break the bad news'? Jesus, they're family and they loved Percy even if he was an ass. That is not a natural or even slightly believable response to a loved one dying. It is, shockingly, worse than Hannah's 'Ohmigod' in the last chapter. Sorry, but this killed the fic for me. I'm out.

One more thing: use more contractions in speech, will you? Your dialogue comes off stilted and awkward because you're being stingy with contractions. It doesn't read like natural speech at all.
GreyMurphy chapter 41 . 9/25
I struggled a bit with this story. Don’t get me wrong, it was fantastically written, and I had trouble putting it down, but every once in a while I was banging my head against the nearest surface. Characters going way ooc, and yet believably so; sacrifices being made which bring tears to my eyes; and situations I saw looming on the horizon which made me wish I could shake those fools until they saw. As a warning to future readers, this story will break your heart. It was a roller coaster, except I feel like I got off at a different place then I got on. Congratulations on another fantastic story, but damn if I wish I hadn’t read this now. My mind is racing and I am still distracted. Jbern, you need to tone it down on the addictive-ness you put in your stories!
Andrew4815 chapter 16 . 9/15
I would have cursed the hell out of anyone saying "you stupid bitch" to someone. Completely unacceptable for a teacher.
LtKettch chapter 38 . 9/6
Will any Weasley survive this story?
LtKettch chapter 29 . 9/5
A little surprised by the turn in Neville’s character, but I guess it isn’t surprising since he is being influenced by a vampire.
Forgot to mention this is an earlier reviewyou have really developed Ron’s character. He might actually have the emotional range of a measuring cup!
flowerchild33 chapter 41 . 9/5
Well I've persevered and finished. This is a very well written and original, epic length story. That said, it is also one of the darkest I've ever read. Talk about killing everyone. I will say that some of the methods of killing are the most original that I've read. Just be warned, this is a good story but is most definitely not light reading.
LtKettch chapter 26 . 9/5
Epic battle chapter. Far more realistic and captivating battle between Harry and the greasy git than HBP or DH.
LtKettch chapter 26 . 9/5
This story and its battles are intense! But, no fair doing that to Dobby! Now, I really hope the Weasly Twins’ Divination Helper was right about He who can not death.
LtKettch chapter 24 . 9/4
Wowyou actually made a Ron Hermione relationship make sense.
LtKettch chapter 13 . 9/3
Great chapter. This is the first I’ve seen of a wartime draft. I’ll be interested to see how it plays out.
Your characterization of Wormtail is excellent. Very unique.
LtKettch chapter 9 . 9/3
This is a great story. Quite a different take on a number of characters. I’m really enjoying it.
flowerchild33 chapter 9 . 9/3
Thank you for the scene break!
flowerchild33 chapter 3 . 9/2
Isn't Snape in trouble if the Aurors saw him as a DE in Susan's memory?
LOL chapter 4 . 8/24
This story has my all-time favorite Voldemort.
2,896 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »