Reviews for To Fight The Coming Darkness
Roostertheking chapter 41 . 5/28
Very interesting plot... Loved it...
Seeing Snape walk away scott free made me physically ill. If I was in Harry’s shoes I would have reducto’d both of his arms to smithereens. Let’s see him showcase his usefulness to both sides with two stumps for arms. Even in his mind he had no thanks for Harry saving him. Kudos to you for making me feel this way. 10/10
Sterling-Ag chapter 12 . 4/19
Not sure if the author even reads these anymore. But they mention Britain's magical population is only 20,000. From what is generally mentioned that number seems to low for the kind of economy that exists in the HP verse. Still a very well written story like all of JBern's stuff.
Accio Allsorts chapter 23 . 4/16
What really needs to happen is Dumbledore blasts everyone flat on their back and knocks a little sense in them. Unfortunately, I doubt that will happen.
I love that Voldemort shows respect for Hagrid and the way he fought. A little bit out of character if you ask me but I guess it doesn’t matter. Still love it!
kyoshi711 chapter 2 . 3/15
I didn't care for Snape still being alive.
Sonia25 chapter 41 . 3/12
The battle was so underwhelming that it just spoiled the whole story for me
slytherinsal chapter 26 . 2/28
a goblin, a centaur and the dark lord go into a bar, the dark lord is under glamour. the goblin buys drinks and short-changes the dark lord. The dark lord lets his glamour drop, causing terror and shouts at the goblin "Avada ..." he gets no further because the centaur shoots an arrow through his heart. "You saved me!" cried the goblin. "Eh? oh that was incidental," said the centaur. "I am the one who should be the centaur of attention."
I know the story is complete but I can't resist.
slytherinsal chapter 20 . 2/28
My mother had the same curse Colleen has. It is not easy to live with but I trained what I inherited so it happens less often but is glimpses of pictures.
slytherinsal chapter 13 . 2/27
7 galleons is 35 quid; well I don't know what a basic gun off the shelf costs, but the basic wand which is ready made is not surely going to be in the same class as one crafted for the wielder. So hand crafted wand is like your top of the range hunting rifle which I'm guessing would be a good few hundred quid. thing is, everyone uses a wand as a tool not just a weapon so it's not going to be priced highly because it's as much like a screwdriver as it is a gun. especially an off the shelf thing - and I doubt many people progress past the off the shelf crap Ollivander sells
slytherinsal chapter 7 . 2/27
now that was a shock - very clever! i did a double take at Tom's wrong birthdate but you were writing it before that was revealed I guess
slytherinsal chapter 6 . 2/27
i love the novel use of the knight bus; most wizards have no idea of the danger of vehicles, and would only think of it as transport. Neville really used his experience of the DA to think outside the box
Bloody Hell Spike chapter 8 . 2/11
the last scene with narcissa reminding me so much Captain Jack sparrow that i could hear his music playing in the background
JFalcon-TM chapter 3 . 1/23
The reason why most of the fics that call out on Dumbledore for being "bad manipulative" end up validating Harry's arguments is because there are so few in favor of AD, and they are so very weak. You show that pretty well on this chapter: although you tried making a balanced discussion, where no party wins, AD is still clearly just trying to bulldoze his way out with borderline argumentum ad hominem.
Woah that was quite a story. Let me start with The more she goes she details. I have to say I took a great amount of pleasure reading about Harry and Susan’s relationship. In particular my stomach we go to butterflies when they would refer to her as Mrs. Potter. But the story was so much more than that I didn’t expect such a complex and riveting story but I was pleasantly surprised. I have never read one of your stories before but again I am thrilled to have stumbled upon it. I came looking for a cute work with hairy and Susan and was very quickly enthralled in your universe and invested in the complex story you have woven. I truly feel like I have just read a full novel. Very well done thank you
3,015 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »