Reviews for To Fight The Coming Darkness
archicane chapter 41 . 1/22/2013
Great story. Very gritty with violent and often pointless deaths. And by pointless I mean deaths where they didn't die a hero or martyr but as victims. Rape, though not graphic details to distract too much com the plot. Well throughout war though I had hoped for a greater escalation of tactics Albus mentioned. I liked Susan better than I thought I would. I will say that I expected greater emotional grief from the families of the departed. Some horribly emotional deaths for me failed to resonate with other characters in the story at all. I liked the imperfect characters and how everyone could be deceived. Tom Riddle was a bit too cheerful though still scary. His involvement with Peter and the self help books were weird. All in all very good characters minus the lack of war weariness and grief. Good plot. Great ending. The gritty realism leaves you guessing till the last minute which way the story will end.

P.s. loved Skeeter stories and ministry propaganda
Fullmetal11791 chapter 41 . 1/18/2013
Another fantastic story. While I was really sad at bill dying after reading your other stories, I also appreciate that you reinvent the characters and how they develop each time. Seriously, I'm probably going to consider your development of the characters the ones to beat because i havnt seen better and I doubt I will. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Darkerfox chapter 4 . 1/12/2013
Dumbledore says Harry has to stay one more week at the Dursley's and now he doesn't?

These plot holes are giving me a headache lol. Had some high hopes for this story.
Darkerfox chapter 3 . 1/12/2013
Finally someone notices that Sirius was a Marauder! In any other story, it's a footnote that Harry inherited the Black estate... Thank you again.

For webpage reading, it'd be easier to read if you split your paragraphs to a few sentences each. Less if the sentences tend to be long.
Darkerfox chapter 2 . 1/12/2013
Still confused on your selection for spell names. Pryrus Impactus. Again, second incantation fits, while the first seems odd. Don't mind me. I tend to nitpick at the most insignificant things. I do like the inclusion of original spells. This story is a breath of fresh air with the odd puff of pollen ;)

I must have missed the point where Voldemort released the anti-portkey wards, since Harry portkeyed in quite suddenly. He must have done it when he said, "Let's collect our prize and leave."

It does not follow that Stupefy is not in Harry's vocabulary since he used it earlier on Snape who was stunned, or in your words, stupefied. I guess it's artistic license hehe :p

Ah, you corrected Inferni to Inferii. Nice :)

How would they recognize Rudolphus Lestrange if his head is blown off? Magical signature?

Despite the plot holes, this is a well-written story. A far cry from the drivel regarding Harry and someone other than Hermione or Ginny. So far, well done. I like the imperfect Voldemort. Makes this story more interesting and the character more relatable, though that might be unintentional.
Darkerfox chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Inferi, not Inferni.

I agree that the description of the warding is extensive. I appreciate your efforts and glad to see you buck the trend.

Bludgeness Negatus? o.O; How bout Impulsus Negatus? :)

I'm interested in how you will explain Harry performing a spell he hasn't learned before.
Kairan1979 chapter 41 . 1/11/2013
Excellent story.
My favorite parts:
- Hagrid's last fight.
- Neville snapping and starting the hunt for Slytherin.
- Your version of Narcissa.
- Rufus the Politician, already preparing for the war with France.
Iron Monkey Fist chapter 41 . 12/22/2012
4 years down the line and this story still has a place in my heart.
R. E. Lee chapter 21 . 12/17/2012
I've always liked your works, but I've just gotten around to reading this one. Very late to review, but just to say thus far:
-Your writing style has definitely improved over the years. This has much more typos, and is at times somewhat awkwardly written, while every story you've written since then has been better and better in that regard
-A smaller note, I like the depiction of the paintings; it seems real and is done well here, the first story I can say that for
-How has no one ever used WarriorGiant!Hagrid before!? Seriously, one of my favorite things about this story has been your depiction of him

Looking forward to the next Next Lord of Kobol chapter!
Zabyne chapter 41 . 12/15/2012
8/10. Wonderfully written. Coulda used a few real lemons, but that's a personal taste. Primarily I scored lower because it doesn't feel complete, normally okay, but as you said u don't forded a sequel I feel you should have wrapped it up. Loved it, the only 300k that kept my attention long enough to finish.
ForSer chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
Brilliant. I think this story - the best thing from all that I ever read about Harry Potter! Thank you.
Fick Chick chapter 8 . 11/4/2012
LOVE your version of Narcissa!
HaywireEagle chapter 29 . 10/29/2012
Never mess with a fat kid who is knows a thing or two about poisonous plants..

Though, this Neville is far darker than what I was expecting. I kinda thought he would help Harry down from the 'dark' path or something. Seriously, damn..
HaywireEagle chapter 9 . 10/28/2012
Sure, it is moving fairly fast. Voldermort is much too talkative and 'happy'. While he is creepy, the character lacks that darkness that makes him scary.

Also, the thought of Tom in class teaching like that. It is amusing..
HaywireEagle chapter 8 . 10/27/2012
Alright that was a rather amusing chapter right near the end. It went from Drama to light hearted and very entertaining. I wonder what she is going to do with Draco.
2,660 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »