Reviews for To Fight The Coming Darkness
Decca31 chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
What an opening! Love it. Will put your original work on my amazon wish list; I'm hoping this will compensate for me being a lazy reviewer ;-)
Yes, I agree about Hufflepuff. There's a really funny radio sketch called "Welcome to Hufflepuff" from the show "That Mitchell and Webb Sound". Think they're my favorite House by now actually. When you're eleven, it's hard to appreciate their set of soft skills.
The ward breakdown was awesome. Can't wait to read the next bit, will have to wait until later unfortunately...
Radmar chapter 5 . 11/23/2013
That's it. I give up. I think that I am rather patient person, but my patience with books and texts is limited. I am here, because I want to read Harry Potter fanfiction. It means that I want to see story written from Harry's POV. I am not interested in love life of some Marietta (who appeared, as far as I know, only briefly in fifth book), I am not interested in Voldemort's nostalgig memories, Neville's gardening, thoughts of some unknown auror, and who knows what else. If you are not capable of writing from Harry's POV, you are not writing a Harry Potter story.
mumlock chapter 41 . 11/15/2013
Delightfully realistic and simply well written.
Peter and Tom are so well described, that I found myself wondering at which side will win, and cheering for both.
Harry is a bit of a rollercoaster, but everything he's going through has it cause. A pity for Neville, he had some potential. It's best to go out with a bang though.

I'm very glad that I've stumbled onto this FF gem.
Thank you very much for your time and effort to write the story.
Guest chapter 41 . 10/24/2013
Just spent two days reading this, one of the best pieces of work I have ever read on this site, quite easily in my personal top three.
I wish you the best of luck creating future masterpieces of this caliber.
The Doctors Snare chapter 18 . 10/13/2013
I love the story. All of your stories are amazing but this just hurts me to read i have to stop. Im sorry but keep the good work up. It's when you start putting the twins in danger that i start freaking
Svenion chapter 41 . 10/3/2013
Holy shit there's a lot going on in this story. First read was a year and a half ago, and still think it's great, but a little too busy for me. I do appreciate that you don't pull the "last second miracle spell" crap.
Jack of Spades29 chapter 41 . 9/30/2013
Do not read this if you can't handle shockingly inventive violence. That said, the plot was original and enjoyable. I couldn't stop reading.
3dot chapter 16 . 9/28/2013
Why does this story not have more favorites! The complexity and logic of the twists in this story is just delicious.
kildar2010 chapter 16 . 9/5/2013
wow thats an AWESOME cliff hanger
10/10
Mackayo chapter 41 . 9/5/2013
Brilliant!
ultron chapter 7 . 8/26/2013
Actually, I think there already is a Hogwarts version of Clue. I remember playing it not long after the first movie came out.
Lemmiwinks-NO chapter 15 . 8/23/2013
Your take on Harry and Dumbledore's relationship is something else. Other books have it clear who is right and who is wrong (a lot of straw man stuff). Here its hard to side with either one of them (realistic). Penny is giving me some anxiety.
Lemmiwinks-NO chapter 9 . 8/22/2013
Omg. The reason for Peter's big change is hilarious. I love the way he explains it.
Lemmiwinks-NO chapter 8 . 8/22/2013
Your characters have depth.

Bringing Susan to the will reading seems like a poor choice, what with Narcissa there watching. But I guess Voldemort is already after her anyhow.

I really like Narcissa. She has guile and cunning, unlike other depictions where she and the other purebloods cannot control themselves around Harry. On the other hand, now that I've read the entire chapter, she makes me nervous.
Lemmiwinks-NO chapter 6 . 8/22/2013
Great read so far, and I really like your portrayal of Voldemort.
2,612 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »