Reviews for To Fight The Coming Darkness
Guest chapter 41 . 5/18/2014
As good as I remembered it. Such a pity the author doesn't write anymore...
Guest chapter 21 . 5/14/2014
I repeat what I said years ago. .Ever
Guest chapter 9 . 5/12/2014
is the shit man
Foolish-Bubbles chapter 35 . 4/24/2014
Hi Jbern. I have been reading fanfiction since the release of HBP but as I always read completed works I have never felt the need to review.

You are an amazing author. Bungle and its sequel are amongst my top 5 fanfiction stories that I have read. Recent rereads only confirmed this more.

I am choosing to write this because I have never been as stunned and shocked with a scene before in all literature that I've read or watched. Ginny's death really threw me in its suddenness.

Anyway, thanks for all the writing that you have done. This book has also captivated me.
lordblink chapter 41 . 4/17/2014
I've read a few of your other stories, so decided to give this one a go. I'm rather pleased that I did. It was a thoroughly enjoyable read. I look forward to seeing what else you've come up with over the years.
Jillian chapter 8 . 4/11/2014
Just read the chapter where Narcissa divorces Lucius. Was another motivation saving Draco from becoming a Death Eater? After all, without Narcissa there to cast the votes or whatever you were discussing in an earlier chapter, only Draco is available, and he would be ineligible if he were a DE. Am I understanding this right?
Flounder En Flucter chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
It took me four days to finish reading this massive book. There were times reading this that I wanted to hate you but I can't. Things kept going from bad to worse and evoking a whole lot of emotions while doing so. There were times where you interjected your patented gallows humor that is such a staple point in your other stories, but they were only brief respites from the agonizing realistic way you portrayed this fantasy world. I read quite a few of the other reviews after finishing and see that this was a love it or hate it story, no real in between. You did something on a grand scale and rather than sugarcoat everything you got down to the brass tacks and found the gritty nature that was missing from canon. You were somehow able to balance political intrigue, fighting between the factions, actual battle scenes, and a bit of romance without letting the relationship take center stage and overtake everything else. You did a brilliant job and if fan fiction was something I actually talked about in real life, I'd tell people about it, but alas I stay in the geek closet with this sort of thing.
Kittencat3 chapter 41 . 4/8/2014
Alright, done, but this isn't one I'd be faving or reading again, or recommend to others.

See, even if a story gets bloodthirsty, I like it when the good guys win. One where damn near ALL the good guys are - one after another - raped or tortured to death, or just plain murdered, AND Voldemort lives at the end of it all anyway?

No, that's rather like the saga of the Wild West from the Indian side: "Hoorah, our culture may have been shattered and three-quarters of us exterminated, but some of us lived after all?"
Kittencat3 chapter 34 . 4/8/2014
Feeling bad for Pansy? Not a bit. Throughout the canon, the Death Eaters rape, torture and murder wholesale. Throughout the canon, the Slytherins are as nasty as they come to those of the other Houses. Both groups get away with all of it, routinely. Now I know the books were intended for children, and British sensibilities about such things are what they are, but I'm American.

Payback's a mother, the only way to deal with murderers and terrorists is to give them terror and death in return, and that's what I'm liking about this story.
wtf chapter 11 . 4/3/2014
What the fuck is wrong with you? Having Tonks raped by Volderfart. I can't believe you did that. She's one of my top 3 favorite characters. You said a believable Voldefart. He doesn't rape people, you pissed me off royally with that one to the point where I almost didn't want to read anymore. Fuck you for that dude you could have chosen anyone else but her.
Ravenous Book Bunny chapter 41 . 3/31/2014
OMG this is excellent! An avenue I had not seen taken! I hope to read more from you :)
Bri
harrysb chapter 26 . 2/19/2014
how could voldemort issue orders to rastaban lestrange if he was killed by harry in the first chapter...
Alec Ramki chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
It's a beautiful story, truly magnificent and unique in its own way. However I agree that you have taken the disappointment, angst and depression level a bit too far. Wouldn't hurt to cut them some slack here and there.
Jd-dox chapter 19 . 1/26/2014
I am sorry, but I can honestly say I genuinely liked the story in the beginning but, it's just getting too depressing! I keep thinking 'oh, brilliant idea...wasted.'You keep killing all the best characters! Are you trying to pull a game of thrones or what? It's not working! The story is too monotonous. Repetitive death-depression-angry-sort of okay-death-depression etc. I give up! I'm sorry
Mionefan chapter 41 . 12/21/2013