Reviews for Still in Her Sleep
Jamel chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
Aw... I love happy endings. I admire the way you tackled an aspect of Meche's time with Domino that I hadn't thought about in depth before. The whole thing makes me happy. _ This has to be my favourite GF one-shot.
Scorpicus chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
How did I manage to miss this before? Ah, well spotted it now.

As always the writing is brilliant (stop doubting yourself girl!) and it was a really good look into the darker side of Domino, poor Meche.

This is one of the only Manny/Meche fics, and a bloody good one it is to!
Soontobedeleted chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
Sorry for the lazy review

"Night had wrapped the sky up into a black veil. Only the pale moon shone above the fields of snow. The cold air let out a snap every now and then"

“up into a black veil” comes off as a bit difficult to read. It’s correct, but it doesn’t roll off the toungue. The transition from the pale moon to the cold air snapping is a little quick. Perhaps put a mention

"and if someone had had a skin, it would have stung and tickled. The roaring wind of the previous day had quieted down and everything was silent now."

The “it would have stung and tickled” also comes off as harsh. The idea seems to have jumped around in the middle of that sentence. The next sentence also comes to quick and a transition is needed.

"Somewhere in the middle of the snow-clad mountains and solaces was a small cave. It was hidden from wind and snow and for years it had offered shelter for travelling souls."

The only thing wrong with this is traveling is spelled with one l and break the second sentence into two. It will read easier. Otherwise I’m loving the images that it brings to mind.

"Tonight the cave was full of people. Souls curled up into their coats and jackets lay on the floor and looked for warmth in each other."

Nitpick but change and to, lay on the floor; looking for warmth in each other. Just reads better.

OVERALL: I really do like this. It's an interesting idea that's pulled off well, just some sentence structure gets in the way.
Rei Nokato chapter 1 . 12/5/2005
I almost had a freakin' heart attack when I did my regular glimpse of the GF section and saw this here.

Aww, I love this so much! The flashbacks were realistic, and everyone remained in character throughout the entire fic. The way in which you described Meche's thoughts of Manny and Domino was an interesting technique. Good work with that!

This fic has increased my love for the Manny/Meche pairing. They're so sweet together.