Reviews for A Pair of Second Chances
MeBeKiki chapter 31 . 3/30/2011
I love this. Not much to say.
Knucklesfan74 chapter 5 . 7/16/2009
"Knuckles span to the side, casually ramming his elbow into the face plate of a Legionnaire who’d tried to arrest his master’s flight and laying him senseless" is that Julie- Su?
StaminaRose chapter 14 . 10/10/2008
this is where i got up to last time, so from here on its all new stuff. i cant wait

Are these people actual Legionnaires by the way? or did you make them up?

Anyways, this is easily a favourite chapter since it has Shadow going properly supervillain on some people. poor guys, almost feel sorry for em (not). its not really a fair fight for em is it :) I mean, apart from in numbers the hedgehog has em outclassed in everything. Speed, skill and even strength. since Shadow can lift up cars over his head and throw em like baseballs (I think Knuckles once split a mountain in half with a single punch though, so if the Guardian was around thered probably be soldier sized holes in buildings. i think they got the slightly better deal with Shadow XD).
StaminaRose chapter 5 . 10/6/2008
wow. i squealed when i saw this. This is a fiction i read YEARS ago (and loved) but never reviewed (i think i didnt have an account, or something stopped me - im ashamed really). Anyways, after that my computer broke, and for some reason wouldnt let me access FF (among other sites).

To put it shortly, i love this fic, which is why im reviewing here at chapter 5 instead of at the end, so i can say how much i love you for writing it later on.

this fiction is odd really, since its fantastically written with great, believable OCs, and a cutesy adorable and hilarius little romance.

Except... (i feel so bad for criticising one of my favourite fictions ever) your Shadow the Hedgehog is the worst characterization of him i have EVER read XD (i have read the other fics in this series, and i know your explanations, but the fact remains this is true). At the same time, its so funny and great that, for once, i read it despite him being out of character. sure, it would have been better is he was (And probably the best fic id ever read if that happened) but its still good.

Anyways, onto my real question. This fiction seems to be based on the Archie Comics, but doesnt Shadow show up in those? yet you said youve never seen anything with him in. so, either youve never read Archie (which is odd, cause you seem to have pretty good knowledge of it) or you have and somehow missed the ones with Shads in it. Which was it? or have you been going off of other fictions?

if youd have really wanted to see him for characterization you could have always checked like, Youtube for clips or something. or you could have read other Shadow fics.

it just seems so incredibly weird you could get him so wrong (sorry for being so critical, but it just really nags at me how its even possible).

Anyways, this fiction certainly gets a nine out of ten, and a favourite author for you. Now, if you dont mind, im going to experience the bliss of reliving this experience after so many years away.

P.S. know any other Shadow Julie stories? i kinda like this pairing now -_-;
zero9g9 chapter 18 . 1/3/2008
I've been reading through your entire set of stories, and while so far I've been holding my reviews until I get to the end, this stuck out at me.

“‘Fraid

stfallen for the hedgehog'e ehdgehp'ed'ng when Thunderhawk piped him to the post,

e"hich SHadow ck as he got a good loonot; he’s over at the council, discussing strategies to strengthen and enlarge the dam, Locke’s with him with all the technical details, I wouldn’t be expecting them back until late”,

Umm.

Massive typo? XD

Anyway, I'll just uh... go back to reading... now...
Iced-Out-Snowman chapter 31 . 4/7/2007
Dreamer I...hate you...you write too much too quickly! Man you gotta leave me some time to read this! Think of your (probably only) slow reader! Man you don't give me enough time to read!

Okay enough of my personal rant. Now with the review...I...can't of a damn thing to say. What can I say that won't sound suck up or repetive, I mean it's great. This story should be in the top five of all the stories on this site, if not number one. I mean that, you truly a great writer. I can't say more and won't ramble on more. Hopefully I find, no I'll make some time to read your new story, man; I can already tell I'm going to be like fifty bazillion chapters behind...again, wish me luck man and faster reading skills.
MarvellouslyWondrous chapter 31 . 3/5/2007
dude, i'm so there for the next lot it ain't even funny, like i'd miss that! HAH

This, for me was THE perfect ending, you know how much i love Tails so this just sealed the deal for me mate. Made me tear up a little myself ill tell you. You know i loved this so much i can't even begin to comment? Like there were so many kick ass parts to this entire fic that I'm at a loss for words? (that doesnt happen often, trust me)

I'm both amazed and ectranced by the entire arc, and i'm sure i will be in stories yet to be. Congratulations on finishing this particular masterpiece and i wish you the very best of luck in your next! I'll be waiting!
Ri2 chapter 31 . 3/4/2007
And another excellent work is completed. Well done. VERY well done.

Excellent name for Knuckles' brother (XDXDXD), excellent emotion and character development for everyone involved, excellent Vector in a suit (XDXDXDXD), excellent romance between Shadow and Juli-Su, overall well done, my friend.

And a light-hearted romp...who could it be? Tails and Cream, perhaps? Oh joy!
LightHawk chapter 31 . 3/4/2007
Wow. That is almost all I have to say. Sweet, sensual, and all together masterful. Can't wait for the next act in this story.

But the big question is, SonAmy or Crails?

Oh, saw one spelling error. Sorry to be picky.
rewind gone nuts chapter 31 . 3/4/2007
Well, it's been one hell of a long ride, but it was worth every moment. I've enjoyed this story, and this entire series, and I say that you're a credit to fanfic writers everywhere. If you do go on to pursue a literary career, I've little doubt you'll go far.
MarvellouslyWondrous chapter 30 . 2/11/2007
Fatastic as always. That last bit at the very end made me choke up man, so sweet. And i was so NOT expecting Cream to fail! Poor thing, after she tried so hard as well...

5 or 6? Thats brilliant! Every time i read story arcs i get this nervous thing going on where i think it's the last fic, so glad this isn't it :D And no worries about the idea you posted me, it'll still be gold even if it's done years from now.

So yeah, kodos! Fantasic as always and keep it up with the fantasticness! I'm greatly awaiting the next and last chapter!
ArtisticlyInsane chapter 29 . 1/20/2007
Good God man! These chappies ar so long its hard to keep up! This story is so cute though! I feel sorry for poor Julie, her hopes got so high then they were all crushed by that tiny gold band around Knuckles' finger. That bites HARD! I'm suprised the poor girl didn't put a bullet from her shotgun through the side of her head! Shadow is such a sweetheart for convincing her otherwise! Love it, keep up the good work! ;)
LightHawk chapter 29 . 1/17/2007
Just one thing. About damn time! Been waiting for some more since that first kiss way back when.

When Julie saw the ship, I think you should have blended all her words together just to make it seem that more rushed. But that's just my opinion.

Keep up the good work.
MarvellouslyWondrous chapter 29 . 1/17/2007
Ah shouldn't have done that huh. Nothing worse than insinuating a girl is fat. You'll be lucky if your head is intact afterwards.

Oh i got your email like yesterday! It sounds tre good! And i knew i was right HAH! Who doesn't love Ant, seriously? Lil fuzzy coward he is :3

Again with the goodness and greatness, spreading warm fuzzy feelings to all who behold the wonder of this tale, continue you must AND you SO need to give that idea you told me a try. I could garantee from reading that alone that people would eat it up like chocolate doughnuts. Every one loves chocolate doughnuts. Again, i loved this. I always do so nothing new there.

Oh i owe you a thankyou as well, for sending me your idea and for distracting me from my math homework :3 a ray of sunshine on an otherwise cloudy evening i assure you! Anyways i think I've babbled enough and i bid you adue. Well bloody done and as always UPDATE ASAP! lmao we love ya for it!
TexasGal4 chapter 28 . 1/10/2007
Okay, this will need a short review, since I need to go to bed soon.

Anyways, it's hard to tell with the Shadow thing, really. I don't think he nessecarly remembers every single little detail of his past like he used to, but I think he knows enough to figure out what happened to him and what went on there and stuff. But, like I said before, Sonic Team likes to conviently leave those little details out, thus creating plot holes, so...

But anyways, the one word to describe this chapter would be 'beautiful.' Seriously, you really did write it beautifully. It was a delicate chapter, and a lot of people probably would have deffinitly screwed it up, but you did a wonderfull job. I got teary-eyed during this one too. ; Go figure.