Reviews for Blinding Oedipus
S.V. II chapter 1 . 1/2
Holy shit. It's been 10 years since you last updated. This is by far my favorite anime fanfiction, EVER. Why did I have 5th reread The Electra Complex knowing it would just make me want to jump to its sequel only to filled with immense disappointment.

I read this the first time when I was a teenager, now I'm 24, a grown ass woman, with a grown ass job, a kid, and I still absolutely love this fandom. I still love this story. What on earth caused it's abrupt ending?! I mean look at the fuck ton of reviews this ONE chapter has. I think the only thing that must have happened must be something awfully tragic. I wish you a Happy New Year and hope all is well with you! And thank you for writing one of the best reads I've ever ha on !
Kaitlyn chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
It didn't post my tumblr name correctly! My tumblr URL is alienmovies :)
- Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
Okay so I guess I'll start with me. My name is Kaitlyn I'm 19 and I live in California. I finished samurai champloo, like two days ago? It was so so good and I'm pretty picky with anime. Though I don't usually read fanfiction anymore, I read your electria complex fic in a frantic rush. It was so good, probably the best samurai champloo on here. Your Mugen is so vile, but I love him. He's a fun read, and his overpowering possessiveness makes him in equal parts terrifying and fascinating. I don't think that there's another Mugen on the Internet that's quite so keen on keeping Fuu by his side. And she's great too, you made her more human than even Anime could! Reading this sequel just solidified what I had a worried about, that her life would end up miserable and that Mugen would never ever let her go. So yea, like all these other kids, I'd love an update. But I understand that it's not gonna happen. You published this 10 years ago and must be in your late twenties/early thirties yourself! You probably don't care about samurai champloo now! I think the puzzling thing is how eager you seemed to be to write the sequel. That's the confusing thing. From your authors notes I would've thought that you would finish this for sure. Honestly, I just hope you're okay! I mean this, I'm worried that you died! What other reason would you have not to finish? You just seemed so intent on it! Even if you just updated your fanfiction bio, or something, to show that you're still ALIVE I would appreciate it! I don't know you, but your writing is amazing and your story was a great escape for these last few days. I wish I could find out what happened to Fuu. I wish I could see if she finally escaped or if one of her sons changed their ways. I had a theory that if she could escape off the boat one more time and maybe run into Jin, then maybe he could protect her! Doubtful I guess. Mugens twisted commitment to Fuu even though she obviously doesn't love him was really fascinating to read. I wish there were other fics with these more realistic, fucked up dynamics of their relationship. Anyway, if you ever want to send me message you can go to my tumblr .com, and I'd love to talk to you! I really hope you're ok.
-Kaitlyn
vero chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
Wish u would update...
uhuhuhuhuhuhu chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
OH MY GOD WHY DIDNT YOU CONTINUE ILL KILL MYSELF

;_;
Tmac chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Omg. I just sat through an english lecture covering Sophocles's Oedipus Rex. Omg. Oedipus was fated to kill his father and marry his mother. Holy cow, I finally understand the title of this story. Was little Jin supposed to kill mugen and marry fuu!?
Rin chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
I just started reading your story and I love it . Please update
ElisabethDarling chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
I love that there is a sequel. I am sooo sad that you don't update anymore! You're so amazing at storytelling!
Laila chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
I didn't know there was even a sequel to this. although when i first found this story wasn't on this one so i guess thats part of it. anyway i hope to see how this goes, considering its been years...
NeptunesBlue chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
I find it mind-boggling that you haven't updated this in FIVE YEARS! During TEC, I don't think I read an author's note that didn't brag about how excited you were about writing the sequel! What happened? I highly doubt my review alone will be the catalyst for your sudden re-inspiration, but that's what I'm hoping in writing this. You utterly and impeccably nailed the characters - there wasn't a moment where I found myself thinking, "Gee, that's slightly OOC..." It felt like my mind was creating images from a some official alternate ending episodes while reading the two stories. I really really really really really don't think I'd be mistaken if I told you that you would be several peoples' hero if you updated this fic. I'm currently putting this on a story alert and will be severely disappointed if I don't get an email saying CHAPTER 2 OF BLINDING OEDIPUS HAS BEEN POSTED...or whatever those emails actually say. I just kind of see that emailed me and start foaming at the mouth. Regardless, I'm begging you to update this. Here comes a cliche: I've never read a story like this before. And it's true. This is honestly the first completely original SC plot I've come across in a LONG TIME. And considering this is 5 years old, you can imagine how deep I delved into the archives. So that's definitely saying something! I'll end this badgering now, but a few parting words: YOU ARE AMAZING AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE THIS! ]
bleebloop chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Ah! i most definitely want to see where this goes...though there doesn't seem to be any sign of you updating...OOOH WEEELLL. I like Jin in this. I want to see more interation between her and BOTH of her sons. And mugen too of course. Maybe a kiss here and there. Mugen can be sweet even while he's being a bastard
mo chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
u alive?
JingYee chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Are you ever going to come back to this story? D:
Jubilee3 chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
I loved "The Electra Complex," and I love the first chapter to its sequel as well! In all my years of fandom, I don't think I've ever encountered a fic where the heroine was quite so *human* or where she didn't bond immediately (or at all, in this case) to her children. I think this is a brave portrayal and all the more interesting for its originality.

I hope you're going to continue some day.
skinnieminnie chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
jesus christ i just read TEC and now this one, and i fucking loved it! Fuu is so unhappy and everything just really sucks but it all fits right, so will you ever update this one?