Reviews for A Willow in Thorns
misuky7 chapter 31 . 6/28/2015
This was a fangtastic story. I adore Cole and Willow's relationship together, and especially their children. I loved how smooth the bridge between the stories were. This is one of my favorites. :3
Stina Whatever chapter 31 . 7/7/2010
this was such a cute epilogue
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 31 . 12/19/2008
Intriguing concept, to say the least; bringing together two of supernatural fiction’s most interesting ‘dark magicians’- they’re both magical beings who rely on magical methods of combat; it seems the most apt term to describe both Willow and Cole- come together to create a very… INTERESTING… life for themselves.

I’m really not sure which bits I preferred more, really; the parts featuring Cole interacting with his new family, or the part where he has to meet the old one all over again.

On the one hand, I definitely felt he was treated a bit unfairly in Season Five, given that he wasn’t technically responsible for his actions when he was ‘possessed’ by the Source (Something I’m working on addressing in my story “The Love of a Vampire”, where Angel was sent to help Paige rather than Buffy- second part of a series I’m writing-; Angel encourages the sisters to give Cole another chance after he returns because he knows the differences between the demon and the soul better than most), so it was good watching the Halliwells having to learn NOT to distrust him, but on the other hand, the parts showing how well he gets along with his children and Willow’s own friends- particularly with his children calling Giles ‘grandpa’- were VERY moving...

Of course, the moments where Cole and Willow’s ‘demons’ ‘called’ to each other when they were at their most... emotionally heightened... certainly made for an interesting additional touch; they might have made a happy life for each other, but at least you made it clear that there’s still an element of risk in their relationship regardless of how happy they are together.

Plus, of course, interesting touch with Xander’s sacrifice to secure Angel’s soul; I might think it was a BIT extreme for him to go that far, but I freely acknowledge that part of that’s just based on my own personal low opinion of the guy’s relationship with Angel- no matter what anyone else thinks I still say the only reason he never told Buffy about Willow preparing to re-curse Angel was because he was jealous rather than any ‘finer’ intentions- rather than a problem with your writing, so I’m prepared to ignore it in favour of his new Whitelighter status (If nothing else, his method of putting Wyatt in his place was actually kind of amusing).

Admittedly, I wasn’t exactly wild about the occasional negative treatment of the Charmed Ones- it’s not like they had much CHOICE but to operate on instinct half the time (They basically had to hit the ground running after they gained their powers and, with their work, social AND demon lives to take into account, never really had enough time to look up something they WEREN’T dealing with at that moment)-, and I was particularly unsure about the fact that they STILL ended up virtually ignoring Chris over Wyatt even after they had ‘advance warning’ of what that kind of treatment would result in, but the resulting ‘confrontations’ as others pointed out the Halliwells’ parenting shortcomings DID make up for that...

(Generally undecided about the Keiran thing; the idea of Buffy and Angel raising a part-Darklighter has potential, but it would have been better if he’d appeared for more than just the last couple of chapters)

Still, that aside, good job; keep up the good work!
BSGirl chapter 10 . 7/13/2008
Love it.
heiressofanor chapter 31 . 4/20/2008
Great story! I loved it! :)
Harry2 chapter 31 . 8/20/2007
Well, at least now Leo and Xander understand that this newest member of the Summers family is not going to be hunting any white lighters if Buffy and Angel can help it. And Paige, if Spike gets too annoying, just orb him to either LA or Toronto. He can get into MUCH more trouble there!
Harry2 chapter 30 . 8/20/2007
I can see why Buffy likes Cole. His knowledge of the underworld, plus the way he spells it out, makes him a very good source of information. At least he knows when to sugar coat it, and when not to.
Harry2 chapter 29 . 8/20/2007
Spike, with as long as you have been around, and after hanging with both Buffy and Angel, should know when to press and when not to. And some friendly advice mate: DO NOT upset LaCroix! He is MUCH older than you, and could make you and Angel look like little kittens!
Harry2 chapter 28 . 8/20/2007
Well, they managed to take care of the local group. But this kid Kent? Would his first name perhaps be Clark? Or, nicknamed KAl-EL perhaps?
Harry2 chapter 27 . 8/20/2007
I don't think Phoebe would EVER be so happy as to see both Leo AND Cole together! I just hope that what she got on the tape is enough to get the ball rolling on taking these fanatics down.
Harry2 chapter 26 . 8/19/2007
Well, it sounds like there is the beginning of some bonding between members of the Halliwell family and Willow. That is good because I feel that these two groups could do a LOT of good, provided they stay on speaking terms. Anyone tries to mess with either one is going to wish that they hadn't!
Harry2 chapter 25 . 8/19/2007
I can understand why Cole doesn't want his daughter to have this destiny! She's like Buffy: she wanted a normal life, but ended up being the slayer. Now, as for what Phoebe saw in her vision, it may give Cole some leverage in doing some investigation into this group and find out more of what they are up to.
Harry2 chapter 24 . 8/19/2007
Something tells me that little Buffy is going to be something special! Anyone who can call upon this Goddess, shimmer and take out a demon has the potential to be something special.
Harry2 chapter 23 . 8/19/2007
Way to go X-Man! At least you got Phoebe thinking, which is better than using magic to solve everything. And that is what you wanted her to do: THINK before acting!
Harry2 chapter 22 . 8/19/2007
So, Xander sacrificed himself to prevent Angel from becoming Angelus ever again! Now THAT is the sort of thing that Xander was always famous for: Doing the unexpected that saved everyone. But now, now its time for Cole and the Charmed Ones to sit down and plan out what is going to be done about this attack at the parade.