Reviews for A Chimera's Reaction
BlackLioness chapter 5 . 7/12/2010
I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I try to review every story I liked no matter when it was written. I really enjoyed this - your writing style is good, the plot is interesting and the characterization is also well done (even Xelloss - he seems harmless and goofy, but in plenty of cases that turned out to be an act, he can be cruel when he feels like it). Thanks for sharing!
IllogicalIsLogic chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
I really like the way you get into his head. This is really good! I really like this story! You got Zelgadis' personality really well. Netflix has a great collection of Slayers in case you don't already know.
Gijinka Renamon chapter 5 . 2/23/2007
Not bad. Will there be more?
Kinomoto-san chapter 5 . 12/11/2006
THANK YOU GOD for not making it shounen ai! I probably would have killed myself if that had happened. Would you really want a dead Kinomoto-san in the middle of the virtual floor? Nope. So it's a good thing that it's not shounen ai. And you know what? I actually kind of like the outcome. Zelgadis is still hot. God.

And for a more in-character Xellos? Hm... how about not making him so, well, mean? I mean, Xellos is very tricky and likes to annoy people, but he's not someone who'll annoy someone else to the extent of pulling out one of the stones from their skin in order to fulfill his own happiness, you know?
furubalover9-12 chapter 5 . 12/11/2006
I think you protrayed Xellos really well! As for where to find the eps, you can buy them at Amazon. com but they aren't cheap. Keep up the good work!
RedHerring1412 chapter 5 . 12/11/2006
Okay, this chapter was a little bit of fun. (Maybe it is because I am in a rather evil mood at the moment, hm?) It seems like Zel is finally getting over his shock from his transformation. Though I suppose he could just be delaying the effects because he understands anger. Glad you updated (and thank goodness there is no overenthusiastic princess. Huurah!

-RHK

p.s.-it is spelled Hurrok and yes, as far as I can tell she is the one who made them up, anyway...

-notes on Xellos

Well, Xel may not act like this all the time, however, I am lead to believe that he acts like this towards enemies and/or other mazoku. Around humans, he acts harmless and gets the reaction of 'just who is this guy?'. Thus - mysterious priest. Also, from what I can tell, Xellos is always truthful and keeps his word. Whether or not he tell the whole truth or found a loophole in what he says is another matter. Then again, he never really commits to anything.

In this chapter, I get the feeling that Xel is stressed about something. He normally doesn't goes out of his way to freak someone/something out unless he is about to kill it. Then again, he could just be hungry. Of course, having Zel be as uncooperative as he is, may annoy him a little. All this, of course, is my own opinion. Hope it helps.
ThePhizz chapter 5 . 12/9/2006
Well, if Xellos was IC, he probably wouldn't waste his time on Zelgadiss. He's never really shown Zel any more attention than the rest of the party.

' “Besides, maybe I want a pet. To play with and take care of forever and ever.” Childish happiness and longing emanated from the monstrous priest’s façade. '

Um, that's not Xellos. Nope, no way. He might think of Lina as his pet, but that's because he's fond of her. She blows things up, fight Mazoku, has spent time with Xellos, ect.

But, anyway, I really enjoy your writing style and the fact that I was the first on the thank you-review list. (bet that's going to change) and Amazon and Ebay should have Slayers for sale.
r.o.s chapter 4 . 11/28/2006
hook him up with xellos, definitely. ever since i read POISON i've been on a Xel/Zel trend. Dunno why.
TT chapter 4 . 11/26/2006
I like your take on how Zel reacted to been made a chimera; plus you write it very well. Please continue soon

My vote:

He comes into contact with Xellos and is taken as a pet or familiar, shounen-ai
tsutsuji chapter 4 . 9/24/2006
Cool story! If you're still counting votes, I vote for A (of course I would pick A), even if it's not shonen ai. But then again, having Rezo find him like this would be interesting too. Anyway, whatever you do, I just hope you plan to continue this!

By the way, I like the motley gang of bandit-robbing bandits, they're actually pretty amusing.
RadiantElf chapter 4 . 8/31/2006
Hmm... I think Xelloss picking Zelgadiss up is certainly an interesting plot line. [and of course, my money is that Xelloss is standing outside the cage] But make it shounen-ai, and I will cry. [no offence to people who like that...] I really like the way this story is written too. Its cool. D Though I think Zelgadiss would've spoken by now...even if only like, "Ow." or, "Damn it." or something... XD
RedHerring1412 chapter 4 . 8/30/2006
Well, this is a rather interesting story...I wonder how it will turn out. (Since everyone seems to think it is Xellos, I will be contrary and say that it is Rezo.)

As for my vote...I say anything as long as I don't have to listen to justice speeches (bleh).

-RHK
dragongal chapter 4 . 8/15/2006
This looks like its going to be a great story. My vote is for 'A' (a Xel-Zel shonen-ai if the right muse strikes you). I hope to read more soon.
Yakumo chapter 4 . 8/15/2006
Hi!Im glad to see that you have continued tihs fic!(and Im honoured by your thanks#u.u#.Well,Ill make clear my vote:I WANT A SHONEN-AI!(a,Im so pervert).

shadewanderer chapter 4 . 8/14/2006
Option A! Option A!

There, I voiced my opinion yet again. (pretty please?)

Well, this chapter was a little interesting. I think there were a few too many characters introduced all of a sudden though. Then again...I suppose you need it in order to move the story along without repeating some long words. I get the feeling that Zel is not acting human at all at this point. Still, rather fun so far this story has been. (Gah! Reading too many strange stories for that sentence to appear.)

-SW

p.s.-in my opinion, the only one that could be outside of the cage would be Xellos or someone similar. After all, how many people would fit those sorts of descriptions. Not to mention putting Zel on edge.