Reviews for Memoirs of a Holy Knight
sheliestothestars chapter 7 . 9/18/2011
Oh dear lord. So many emotions. I don't know how to deal with them.

This was wonderful. Great. Amazing. I could use up all the adjectives i know but i think you get my point.

Woah. Just. A great fic. Specially I loved how well you stayed in character the whole time and how everything just fell into the story. I pretty much consider this canon for the timeskip in the game. Great job.
beatrixfan chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
This was a great story. I just joined here but I do have a fanfic on the couple myself. It's not on here yet but if you want heres the link.

t-virusjunkie./art/final-fantasy-ix-97096120

I love this story. I hope you like mine as well.
unwinding fantasy chapter 7 . 12/27/2005
Oh, it's over! *cries*

Again, I have no words to explain what a pleasure it has been, reading this. At times, it seemed a little short but your creativity and expertise at conveying emotions compromised. Nice to put in a little epilogue for the other characters but I felt a little sad that Amarant and Quina didn't get a mention whereas Vivi etc. did.

Mina turned out to be not so evil after all. The whole twist with Richard being the true culprit, manipulating Mordrid. I should have suspected her, what with her sneaky suggestions to Steiner, poisoning his mind. *shakes fist*

Good riddance, I say.

Thanks for providing me with this lovely story, and please write more Steiner/Beatrix. There's a huge lack on FFN.

unwinding fantasy chapter 5 . 12/27/2005
I certainly didn't see that one coming!

Bahamut. Wow, it's kinda evil. Beatrix survived but she's unconscious... Oh, poor Steiner! *hugs* She'll come good, even if I have to beat Mussimm with a stick. _~

And there's a Hilda clone out there somewhere. Someone magical... Kuja? No, surely not...

Can't say much else other than I can't stop reading this. And I hope to see more from you soon.

unwinding fantasy chapter 4 . 12/27/2005
‘Knock ‘em dead, general.'

Oh, how I love the irony of that statement!

This chapter just crammed so much emotion into it, words won't do it justice. I laughed when Beatrix "barked" at Steiner for a dance, not to mention the whole formal wear ordeal. And Steiner, so incredibly sweet! I love how even in the most despairing of situations, he makes Beatrix laugh ('You're wearing a corset?'). Followed by such an angsty moment. Kudos for Steiner's echoing of Beatrix's own words - this fitted in perfectly all things considered.

I didn't mention this before, but I also like how you wrote from Adrienne's perspective. You truly convey how critical Beatrix is to her troops and how much they respect and care for each other.

And finally, 'To Valhalla!' Beatrix does seem fond of her Norse mythology. I've never seen another writer tie this in with her character; I've always thought this notion was overlooked. More browny points for you!

*crosses fingers* Don't die, Beatrix... *chants mantra*

unwinding fantasy chapter 3 . 12/27/2005
Those nobles really dislike Mina, eh? Seems they never heard of not judging a book by its cover. Will Mina have parting words with Beatrix, I wonder?

...I'm still in shock. Alexandria under attack, Beatrix off to her death. It's so unfair. I loved the exchange with Steiner: nothing mushy/fluffy, very realistic. I can see the scene playing out. And mentioning Beatrix wanted to beg to stay in Alexandria is nice because it shows she's still human.

On a side note: are you aware you don't accept annonymous reviews? You should change it in your profile; you get more critiques that way. _~

Also, how old *is* Beatrix? You say twenty-eight... is this a proven fact or not? (I ask because this has been driving me insane and I have to keep editing my own story whenever someone tells me different...)

Keep on keeping on,

unwinding fantasy chapter 2 . 12/27/2005
I always thought there was something shifty about Hilda. It does seem like she "kidnapped" Cid but that just seems too simple. Maybe he ran away, like Garnet tried. Or perhaps he really was killed/imprisoned by Hilda considering she took him by surprise.

One thing I really loved about this chapter was you wrote parts from Haagen's point of view, something that is rarely seen (actually, I don't think I've read a Pluto Knight's account on anything.)

I think you wrote Beatrix's shame at being brushed aside in favour of Steiner very well. And I'm looking forward to seeing more of her conflict with Mina.

distillers chapter 7 . 12/25/2005
What? I can't believe that there's one 1 reviewer for this story.

Anyway, this is just... brilliant. A sheer example of a perfect piece of work, save for the occasional grammatical errors.

Which would then mean that it's not so perfect... Hmm..

But I digress. I like this a lot, and this is one of my few favourite Beatrix fanfiction. You were able to capture the emotions of each character wonderfully, and I couldn't help but feel a pang in my heart when Beatrix and Steiner had to part on the day before her fleet's battle.

Once again, congratulations with this awesome piece of work.
unwinding fantasy chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
Why hasn't anyone reviewed? I swear these FFIX authors have something against Beatrix. Which puts me in a miserable position considering she's my favourite Final Fantasy woman.

I've only read the first chapter but I'll finish it soon. I really like where this is heading. Mina is decidedly nasty - even her appearance seems off-putting - but I hope she gets fleshed out in coming chapters. Behind every good villain is an even better story, and I like the rivalry between Beatrix and this Black Princess.

Best line: "There have been too many traditions broken this week, let's leave this one alone for a while, shall we?"

My only criticism is there are a few spelling and grammatical mistakes. For example, instead of saying, "Your back tells how false that is," the "your" is missing an "r". Little things like that, which can be fixed with a quick reading over.

Keep writing, _