Reviews for The Azkaban Letters
halfblood hufflepuff chapter 3 . 9/3/2011
Review

Dear Penname of this Fic,

From where have you been inspired to write such a lovely piece? It is brilliant in colors - with depth and emotions that are under control. Lucius isn't spiteful or angry, he is an aged man who has lived and learned, and he passes his weary wisdom to his son in hopes that his son will survive in their cold world. The Azkaban Letters - for are the explicit and ought to be censored? Imprisoned and kept from the public? Azkaban is another world entirely, as is Hogwarts. But the father and son connection never wavers, doesn't it?

Lucius has a somewhat dry humor, I suppose. Using Narcissa and Bella as examples to not underestimate witches. Oh, and calling love a bitch. That was out of character for his sophisticated choice of words thus far.

If there be more, then let it be. There is not beginning or ending, simply an inheritance. And Draco, does he learn from his father's letters?

An ever sincere reader,

Halfblood Hufflepuff

P.S: The Badger is loyal and hard working, isn't she?
semantics chapter 2 . 9/3/2011
Okay: For one, it's touching and beautiful. The letters that Lucius writes are from his own experience and what he knows. A dark world where true friendship is rare. Not all that he says are the wisest and truest in the world, but most of his advice to his son are tips for survival in a political world. Smart, I actually jot down some quotes on what Lucius said since most is darn good.

I figured from chapter two (ch.3 won't let me review so I'm commenting here) that these letters take place after Order of Phoenix and before HBP since 'Letter three' from Severus and Narcissa hint at the unbreakable vow, and the fact Lucius is in Azkaban. Although, where are the dementors?

So I wonder, did Draco receive and read those letters? Possible, since Lucius tells his son not to fret for him. And Lucius assures his son that he will rise again. BUT, it is also possible that Lucius is writing 'suppose' letters to retain his sanity or leave something behind if he detoriates in Azkaban. The letters may tell a story themselves, but they only reveal what the writer intends to send.

I enjoyed this - refreshing and breathtaking. Filled with philosophy, and it has a strong voice. I love it!

semantics
Valmarien chapter 3 . 4/10/2010
I find these letters insightful, very well written, as would befit a Malfoy, and deeply unsettling in their arrogance and calculating cynicism. Great fic. Will there be any more letters?
RedValkyrie chapter 3 . 2/7/2010
"I drink wine; that does not make me an alcoholic. I eat food; that does not make me a glutton. Why, therefore should using the Dark Arts make me their servant and not their master."

Such a dangerous statement...so well explained.

The letters were truly well done. There are several lines I could have chosen to tell you were remarkable, but others have already claimed them as such. In any case, I believe you've given a true enough insight into the mind of a Malfoy and those of the same ilk.
athenaswings chapter 3 . 10/5/2009
very very nice. The letters reflect how a man of a "malfoy breeding" would write but at the same time has the affection that a father would hold for his son. Wonderfully done.
pstibbons chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
best line:The proper place of the world is indeed at the Malfoys’ feet; all should be grist to our mill. Nonetheless the world is irrational and often has to be convinced of this fundamental truth.
FirstYear chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Good!

Remember witches have wands is priceless
SicilyRoyalty chapter 3 . 12/14/2007
Lovely
MandyQ chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
I love this. I love the language- and it's very much the style that someone with the breeding of a Malfoy would use in such correspondance. I enjoy the insights into his feelings that I got from nuances of language: everything from a genuine love and admiration for wife to the need to impart the virtue of control and moderation to a teenager (not easily done). This was excellent and I'd love to read more...

-MQ
Dana Daidouji chapter 3 . 12/16/2006
Wonderful, wonderful letters! It gives an interesting shading to Lucius' character. I'm enchanted by it.
wingedthing chapter 3 . 5/3/2006
All three chapters very well written. Excellent, informal writing style, very representative of Lucius to his son. Well timed humour and beautiful use of the human language. A great pleasure to read, I hope there will be more letters in the future.

xx wingedthing xx
CiraArana chapter 3 . 4/30/2006
Great idea, wonderfully done. I'm looking forward to more.
rayama chapter 3 . 3/21/2006
Excellent story. Very good portrait of lucius' character, I think.
SG-Fan chapter 3 . 2/19/2006