Reviews for Second Choices, Second Chances
asufhawguh4394853082gh chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
I've been reading this on both the Attic and here on but never got to submit a review before now. So here it is: OMG, i luv this! (Hehe.) I love stories that make Anomen look like a more stable and less jackassy guy; I really felt for him in the game, while at the same time hating him for being so whiny. Finally I abandoned him for fan-made romances, but I like being able to read about a better Anomen. So I hope you keep writing (which I'd say the evidence is that you definitely will) and I'll keep reading!
Finduilas88 chapter 15 . 4/4/2006
Amousca: LOL. Sorry you didn't get *all* the answers you wanted...at least you know you were right about the squire on sentry duty. Don't worry, the *real* reunion scene is coming up!

Jason: Glad you liked the chapter and Martel's PoV. I think it's kind of fun to see your character through other eyes sometimes.

Reklar: Soon, soon, I promise. And I think it will provide more-than-adequate answers to the will they/won't they question! And yes, I've also noticed that Jaheira usually gets the best lines, but since I seem powerless to do anything about it, I guess she and Arthia will have to be my official scene-stealers!

Bhictoo: So, I'm guessing you're not going to hold off on the next chapter when it gets posted? BTW, if you have any Anomen fics, please post them-I'm always interested in reading positive portrayals of my favorite knight. If it's still all in your head, well, I'm just glad my Anomen matches yours.

La Belladonna: I'm glad you liked my using Martel's PoV-it's a fun change from the main characters, and I'll probably continue doing it from time to time. And don't worry, many answers coming in the next chapter. I'm too much of a softie to leave these two hanging for very long.
Kallamae chapter 15 . 3/30/2006
Very nice! I like your decision to do this for Martel's point of view. It adds to the suspense of the reunion. But I do hope some of that tension gets resolved in your next anxiously awaited chapter.
Bhictoo chapter 15 . 3/30/2006
My "stupidest" idea to date was to not read Chapter 14 until I received Chapter 15 and therefore "lengthen" the Chapter? This idea to "lengthen" the Chapter was..."so dumb" and unecessary as I always read from Chapter 6, (the first mention of Anomen (sigh) without armour), through to the latest Chapter anyway. Hail Anonymity! ;-0

Chapters 14 and 15 are up to the high standard already set by your previous Chapters. I can't believe how much your Anomen is similar to (heh) MY Anomen. Ah yes, critique time...um...I know, I think that Chapter 15 has less lines than Chapter 14...not that I counted or anything lame...or no life like that...sheesh!(blush). Anyways, write on, Finduilas88, write on.
Reklar chapter 15 . 3/29/2006
Finduilas, this chapter is entirely insufficient. I encourage you to remedy the situation with all possible expediency lest irate readers track you down and 'monitor' your progress by chaining you to your chair until you post the next installment. Really though, such drastic measures should be completely unecessary, don't you agree? :)

Ahem, well, yes now, where was I? :D Ahh yes, the chapter. It was another fine continuation of the storyline, minimal though the plot development may be, but I'm afraid Jaheira stole the show...again. You're going to have to watch that woman, Finduilas, she's a natural born scene stealer, or at least she is in your capable hands. ;) As fond as I am of Jaheira, hopefully the slightly witless Martel will keep her occupied long enough to give Anomen and Merena a chance to shine in the next chapter.

I suppose over the course of the next few chapters we will discover why this bandit group is so much better organized than the ordinary? I admit I have my ideas, but as I said before, I'm keeping my speculation to a minimum anymore. Regardless, I look forward to the next chapter. :)

Jason chapter 15 . 3/29/2006
Another awesome chapter, as can always be expected. And I like how even the minor characters, Martel being case in point, get to sort of narrate their own chapters; it brings another personality to the writing.
Meganalira chapter 15 . 3/29/2006
Aw, this is what you call answers? Well, at least now we are reassured about Anomen's safety. *phew* And about Merena's and Jaheira's tracking skill. *re-phew* Martel does sound a little dense... Merena! Almost a goddess, come on!

Well... I'll be waiting for the next chapter... when we'll *really* know how the two heartsick lovers. *sigh* Can't wait.
Finduilas88 chapter 14 . 3/29/2006
Reklar: As always, thanks for the corrections! I'm glad you liked Merena's little piece, I thought this was a good opportunity to get inside her head a bit. And I felt a bit freer to have her overdramatize a bit since Jaheira was there to bring her back down to earth!

Amousca: I'm glad you're liking the 'detective' part-I was a little concerned it would be too boring or confusing for the reader, but I couldn't see skipping it and have people wonder how they found their way. As for your guesses, well, you find out whether you're right or not one of them in the very next chapter-the other will have to wait a bit.

La Belladonna: Thanks for commenting, and I'm glad you're enjoying it! It's always nice to hear from new readers.

New chapter Real Soon!
Kallamae chapter 14 . 3/28/2006
I'm so glad I stumbled across this. It's such an enjoyable read. I can't wait for more!
Meganalira chapter 14 . 3/28/2006
Wa, I'm late. I really liked this chapter, we really feel like we're discovering things at the same time as Jaheira and Merena. Nice touch also when Merena says what Anomen's impact on her life has been.

The squire looks pretty suspicious now. Why didn't he run back for assitance? Or is he under Anomen's orders to watch the road or something?

It just occured to me that the mysterious friend might also be Valygar (also a stalker... useful to find someone who is following someone, I'd think).

Aw, please, answers and another chapter! :-p
Reklar chapter 14 . 3/22/2006
Another fine chapter, Finduilas, especially the interesting ending. I like Merena's confession of how she came to love Anomen, but I have to agree with Jaheira's comment about her being overly dramatic. ;)

I noticed a couple of minor errors:

"It took two days of hard travel for Jaheira and Merena to reach to the area they had been told was the approximate location of the attack."

It looks like you have an extra 'to' between reach and area. Also:

"Sure now that they were on the right path, they continued for another league before the sum slipped below the horizon."

I'm pretty sure you meant 'sun' instead of 'sum'.

Aside from those two things, everything looks fine.

Finduilas88 chapter 13 . 3/21/2006
Bhictoo: I suppose I'm just going to have to learn to live with your scathing criticism! :-) Really, though, thanks so much for reading and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Amousca: My other stories are just nice little romances, so the battle and spell action is a new thing for me that I'm trying not to mess up too much! There will be a description of the battle later in the story, but as for the outcome, you'll just have to wait and see. Same goes for the mysterious friend, heh, heh.

Jason: I'm glad you enjoyed the latest turn in the story. With this story I'm kind of treading on unfamiliar ground so it's great to hear that I'm not going astray too much!

Reklar: Glad you're enjoying Kylia and Arthia so much-I've found I do really like writing little side characters like those two. There will be a few more in the upcoming chapters. As for the danger to Merena-or lack thereof-I guess I do really see her more as a normal human in the post-ToB setting. Very tough and experienced, of course, but not beyond getting hurt in situations like the one they're going into.

Kendris: :-) I love writing Jaheira dialog. She gets all the good lines, like Lennie Briscoe in L&O. As for the Order, well, we'll hear their side of things eventually, but keep in mind that they didn't have a rep on the spot after the attack to get things done the way they wanted to. Thanks for the kind words about Kylia and Arthia, too.

New chapter up soon!
Kendris chapter 13 . 3/18/2006
Another great chapter, with the suspense building!

Best quote goes to Jaheira:

“I’m curious about that myself. Anomen is a little large to just…misplace.”

I find it a bit odd that the Order wouldn't have brought in rangers to try to pick up the trail by now, but that is probably due to the military mindset: "If we can't do it, it can't be done"

Kylia and Arthia's appearances are short but wonderfully characterized.

Okay, girls: go get him!
Reklar chapter 13 . 3/15/2006
Another good chapter, Finduilas, and this time there's a little action-adventure in the romance. ;) I love little Kylia's role here, and her thinking is both sound and a great sign of her intelligence. The boys are going to have a really difficult time chasing her when she gets older. :D Arthia is good too, steadfast and trustworthy as always, but I can't help but wonder if Anomen will stay after she has a few words with him. ;)

I am a bit curious about one thing, and that is why everyone is worried about Merena, who survived battles in hell, toppled mad godlings and mages, and came through it all more or less intact and sane. Granted she had help, but certainly she and Jaheira are sufficient force to deal with even a well organized group of thugs, particularly if they plan to avoid confrontation. I'm probably being too critical here, but it was a nagging point while I read the chapter.

Jason chapter 13 . 3/15/2006
Ah... the plot thickens. My only curiousity is who is this old friend that can help? The action is picking up. I almost squealed like a little school girl in delight at this sudden turn of events.

Write on!