Reviews for Second Choices, Second Chances
Reklar chapter 2 . 1/4/2006
No nitpicking commentary this time, Finduilas, just pure enjoyment. In particular, I loved the ending as Arthia "ticked the points off on her fingers for additional emphasis," and even more amusing, "it was a sinful waste of good husband material." :D Inspired writing, that bit. ;)

-Reklar
Kendris chapter 3 . 12/28/2005
I love the idea of the Hand of Helm! And his reluctance to tell Merena makes perfect sense: he doesn't want to seem like his old, arrogant, bragging self...even though he so obviously isn't.

Not that that will save him from Merena's scolding...
Kendris chapter 2 . 12/28/2005
A High Watcher acting like a starstruck little kid...this is definitely getting intriguing!

I loved the dialogue between Merena and Arthia; half servant, half mother, Arthia is a woman after my own heart!
Jason chapter 3 . 12/26/2005
I love this story so much. You have a way with dialogue that makes it seem natural, and I kind of like how it all flows without being boring or anything like that.

Please update more often! Very good.
Finduilas88 chapter 2 . 12/26/2005
Thanks so much, Jason! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

And yes, we will see/hear more about that rotter Kelsey a little later in the story.
Jason chapter 2 . 12/15/2005
This is an interesting story. I like how it unfolds, and while I don't recall exactly where everything was geographically in the Realms, for some reason, you paint a good picture about that. The conversation's also seem to flow naturally and realistically, but not enough to really get bored of any character. I'm not sure if that makes sense.

Also, will we be seeing Kelsey for the jerk he is? Or even in a flashback of exactly how bad things were?

Write on! You have a new fan!
Finduilas88 chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
Thanks everyone! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far, I certainly had fun writing it-especially since this-oh-so-LG Anomen is pretty different from his CN incarnation in JALK.

Reklar: Thanks for the heads-up on the typos, etc., I think I got them all now. It's amazing how many times you can read a document and just miss the fact that a word or a comma has been left out.

Kendris: Glad you're enjoying it so far...you know, *I* would really, really enjoy seeing the next chapter of your L&O story! And I will try to start posting my story Petals and Thorns soon.

Next chapter on its way!
Kendris chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
*does happy dance*

New story!

And off to a damn good start! Strong dialogue, nice descriptions and a tasty hint of mystery!

I repeat my invitation to check out petalsandthornsdotcom; there are some ladies there (besides myself, of course) who would LOVE your take on Anomen!
Shara Kortarr chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
I remember reading this ending over at Great idea for a story and a really great start! Keep writing.
Reklar chapter 1 . 12/6/2005
This is quite the excellent read, Finduilas, not that I expected anything less mind you. ;) I like the easy familiarity between Merena and Anomen, as it provides a comfortable introduction and a good indication how their friendship will evolve after this shake-up in Merena's life. And though I have a feeling I know where the story is going already, even if I am right, it will be the journey to the end that I enjoy most.

On the technical side of things, I only noticed a couple of places where a word seemed to be missing, the word order could have been changed, or a comma added, but none of these were sufficient to distract my attention from enjoying the story. Instead, it has your familiar, simple, flowing dialogue and light description perfect for giving the reader just enough detail to build the scene in their mind while leaving the rest to their imagination. In short, it has a fine balance that I readily admit to wishing I could duplicate. I'll settle for the continuation of the story instead. ;)

-Reklar
Bookwyrme chapter 1 . 12/6/2005
Aw.

Can you link to part one?
251 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17