Reviews for Second Choices, Second Chances
just ahlia chapter 45 . 7/18/2011
Hooray for happy endings to long-running stories! Glad to see this one finally wrapped up. I'll keep an eye out for your short Kylia-centric story.
Elise chapter 44 . 5/18/2011
I have really enjoyed reading your story! At parts it is a bit childish, like the way Merena keeps throwing herself at Anomen at every possible opportunity. I applaud you though, for describing a lot of very adult themes like the death of an alcoholic, estranged father and re-marrying. (But I don't think they would have let Lord Anomen marry a woman once taken, Merena was not even a widow but still married!)

Anyway, well done! Especially the wrap-up of the "Second Choise" theme. You really had everything worked out when you started posting this story? Wow. Never stop writing stories, please, you've got some talent.
just ahlia chapter 44 . 5/10/2011
Nearing the end now, and it looks to be a satisfying end to one of my favorite stories on the site. The alternate point of view made for an interesting read, and I'm looking forward to seeing the whole Delryn clan in the next chapter!
KayuraK chapter 43 . 4/17/2011
heart warming
Sings-off-key chapter 43 . 4/16/2011
You are doing such a great job with this story! Looking forward to the epilogue, can't wait to see what you do with it.

Don't be discouraged by the lack of reviews, people just don't seem to be commenting much any more. I'm so pleased that you stuck with this anyway. This is one of the very VERY few stories that I've bookmarked and come back to reread when I need my dose of BG goodness.
Charlett chapter 42 . 4/11/2011
Oh my goodness, I don't think I can review all 42 chapters and not degenerate into "lol i liked it" for 30 of them because of running out of stuff to say, so I think I'd rather just have one review here and maybe give others when I reread this great piece of work.

I think this story was a good Anti-"Getting Rid of Anomen" mod, especially since I have a natural distrust and dislike of any mod made specifically to make Anomen the bad guy, so even without actually reading this "Bad Kelsey" thing, I could see this definitely happening. A man who hates Anomen so much that he would want to stay with his woman simply to keep his rival away from her. The saddest thing is that since I don't hate Kelsey as a character, it was hard to see him as the bad guy here. I guess I still wish everyone could be friends. *sigh*

Regardless, it was a nice ride, especially at the beginning. The idea that Anomen wanted to help Merena without even thinking of what he could get out of it made me smile brightly. So many people, PCs and NPCs in games, go into a relationship with another person with the sole express purpose of trying to see how quickly s/he can get the other in bed. The idea that friends can be friends for months if not years at a time before starting into anything serious is definitely a welcome sight.

While I do like the idea of people getting together to get married, I'm not a huge romance fan. After the rescuing of the hostages, it kind of went downhill for me, mostly because it just seemed to be delaying the inevitable by that point. Most of the rest of the chapters seemed more fluff than anything, but that doesn't mean that most of them weren't enjoyable! They were really nice~

The action parts were fun, and it was cool to see the politics too. Overall the story was fun and I really wanted to go over everything, despite how little time I had what with school and other games eating my time. I rarely read past a chapter of most fics, and even less do I actually review, so I think that means I really enjoyed it!

Epilogue stuff sounds fine. I'll be here to see it, and I'll think to check out your other works later~~

Keep it up please~~
just ahlia chapter 42 . 4/3/2011
Kelsey is such a deadbeat jerk, excellent job! And I adored the new family scene at the end of the chapter.

Though I can't say I'm looking forward to the end of the story (never like to see the end of a good story), this is a lovely end to the main storyline. I look forward to the epilogue!
Calliope Sol chapter 42 . 4/1/2011
Ah-ha, I was wondering why Merena wasn't present at Kelsey's rescue!

And "He didn't hit you that hard, you big baby" - pure Imoen.

Really enjoyed this installment. Have I mentioned how glad I am that you continued this?
Bookwyrme chapter 42 . 3/31/2011
Awwww. Big sister Kylia is sooo cute!

I've really enjoyed the story :)

You know, though, much as I wanted to see Kelsey get his comeuppance, he really doesn't deserve half the chapter here. Baby Gorion is much more important!
KayuraK chapter 41 . 3/22/2011
hee hee hee. I wonder what Anomen is up to...
Calliope Sol chapter 41 . 3/17/2011
I'm so very glad that you've continued this story. It's one of my favorite BG fics, and I think your portrayal of Anomen is spot-on.

Of course, I'm also rather sad that it's going to end soon, but all good things, as they say.
just ahlia chapter 41 . 3/14/2011
Hooray for another chapter of one of my favorite fics!

I like the way you describe the effects of the spells, rather than relying on the names (something I always have a problem with when attempting to write). Imoen's variation on the polymorph spell was a nice touch.

It's always nice to see bad Kelsey get what's coming to him! Keep up the good work!
Theodur chapter 40 . 2/25/2011
Whoa, it sure pays off to visit this site once in a few months, or I would have missed this! Great tale Finduilas, and I look forward to the epilogues. :)
Elidi chapter 40 . 2/22/2011
Sorry you're feeling unloved. I didn't review because I didn't have anything constructive to say, but I am still reading and enjoying the story very much. I will say that for all your claims that you had trouble writing Jan he was very Jan-like. And Danis and Leona are very cute together. And I'm looking forward to seeing what misfortune you visit on Kelsey - cuz in this story, he totally deserves it.
Bookwyrme chapter 40 . 2/22/2011
Hm... with the epilog coming up, this can't possibly turn into a really long, complicated journey, can it?

Either way, I'm glad to see this continuing/coming to its properly appointed conclusion.
251 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »