Reviews for Second Choices, Second Chances
just ahlia chapter 40 . 2/21/2011
I have absolutely adored the latest few chapters of this story, especially the wedding! I'm just a bit shy when it comes to writing reviews... I'm ecstatic every time I see an update notice in my email.

As for this chapter, I loved the exchange between Keldorn and Maria as well as Minsc's excitement over showing everyone Rashemen (though, really, when isn't Minsc excited?).
KayuraK chapter 40 . 2/20/2011
I've much enjoyed these new chapters and hope to the rest of it soon. I apologize for my lack of critique, but I've been catching the last 2 chapters when I was a bit busy.

It's very well written and very descriptive.

I hope you find the encouragement to keep writing, and please don't get up set when you don't get a lot of chappter reviews. When I started reading this fic I missed reviewing several because I was in too big of a hurry to get to the next one.
Robert chapter 9 . 1/18/2011
I have been hoping for Kelsey to get his comeuppance, although he is so stupid and "joivial" that he can't see that everyone in the house hates him, he is so far blind to Merena's cold replies and even when she rebukes him for criticizing poor Anomen.

I love your story so far and I can't wait to see where you take it!
Reklar chapter 37 . 1/17/2011
Wayhey! One of my all-time favorite authors has returned, and most triumphantly at that! I had no idea the story would continue, perhaps a failing on my part as a reader to recognize all the details, but it made for a pleasant surprise to see the story update notification in my inbox. :)

Smashingly well done, as always, Finduilas, with only one bit that confused me momentarily. When Merena and Minsc are talking he says, "...is happy, and would never want give up Boo and go back to way it was before." I know Minsc has a unique manner of speaking, but it still sounds to me that there should be a "to" wedged between "want" and "give" in that sentence. If I'm wrong, ignore me. :)

Glad to see you writing again, my friend! :)
Guest chapter 37 . 1/15/2011
Yayyy I waited forever for an update! Thanks :D
Finduilas88 chapter 37 . 1/14/2011
lovely: Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I haven't been here very much. In answer to your question, I believe the second crisis where LG Anomen goes off to confront Saerk only happens if he is in a romance with the PC. Since my Anomen never got that far with Merena before Kelsey came into the picture, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to assume that never happened.

To all my other reviewers, thanks so much for the warm welcome back, I was a little concerned that no one might remember. As I said, I do have all of the main story written, so I cross my heart that I will NOT let it go unfinished this time! I'm glad you liked the Anomen/Sarevok conversation, it was a lot of fun to write, and Sarevok is one of those characters that seems to write himself.
KayuraK chapter 37 . 1/12/2011
I've been waiting for years for the update. So you better believe when I saw the subsciption email pop into my inbox I was like, "Hel Yeah!" New chapter did not disappoint. Even after all this time you can capture the essence of the chacaters that yesterday I couldn't name half of. Makes me want to dust off my old copies of BG and play them again. Can't wait for the epilogue.
Meganalira chapter 37 . 1/12/2011
! ! ! ! !

An UPDATE!

I'm really, really glad to see you're working on this again. I also welcome the guarantees you included in your author's note at the start.

You added a chapter now, but you could abandon us again, right? Hm, do I sound like Merena? ;p

Joking, eh. I'm just glad you've taken this up again and are doing so seriously! I'll be eagerly awaiting the next chapter! Kelsey's got to get what's coming to him, one of these days...
Sings-off-key chapter 37 . 1/11/2011
Wow! I am so happy to see an update to one of my favorite favorite stories, and such an update it is. I absolutely love the scene with Anomen and Sarevok...such lovely possibilities and the dialog so wonderfully in character. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Bookwyrme chapter 37 . 1/10/2011
Welcome back! The email letting me know of a new chapter was unexpected and welcome. Glad to hear you have it all mapped out now, too :)
fruitloops was taken chapter 37 . 1/10/2011
holy smokes! I can't believe you are still here and writing, that is totally happy dance worthy :) I haven't read any bg fanfiction for sooooo long because there just hasn't been any that caught my attention. I hope the RL complications weren't too horrendous and rest assured you will have at least one reader as long as you keep writing.
Elidi chapter 37 . 1/10/2011
I'm so glad you're back! I was re-reading this not to long ago and wondered if you'd start updating again. Talk about timing! Bring on the wedding! And I can't wait to see what kind of punishment Sarevok cooks up for Kelsey. Hehe. :)
Adia chapter 37 . 1/10/2011
Oh my! This was a wonderful surprise when I got the alert that this story had been updated - after so long I was sadly putting it onto my unfinished story bookmarks. I'm thrilled to see that you will be finishing it off :)

...so, yeah. Yay! I'm going to do a full re-read before I read this latest chapter 3
lovely chapter 32 . 7/27/2010
I absolutely love this fic, but something in this chapter struck me as very odd - if Anomen is a member of the Order, then shouldn't Cor already be dead? If Anomen is LG, Cor dies trying to kill Saerk - he only lives if Anomen kills Saerk and Surayah, and thereby ruins his chance at getting into the Order (plus, you know, murdering people). Have you changed this for your story?
Reklar chapter 36 . 5/26/2008
I love it! Both Sarevok and Minsc are delightful surprise guests for the wedding and I'm always happy to see your Imoen return. :)I'm glad I didn't miss the ending of the story! :)

-Reklar

P.S. Sorry for disappearing for so long, work and school keep me so busy that I tend to lose track of time. ;)
251 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »