Reviews for Second Choices, Second Chances
mattressdemon chapter 31 . 11/9/2006
Hahahah, cute ending. I like how you hold it out.
Ananke Adrasteia chapter 31 . 11/9/2006
This story gives me such a warm glow within, idiotic as it sounds. :D

It just feels like you are an author who really likes her characters... you will torment them a bit, but just a bit, not overly much, because they are all so tender-hearted and polite and simply nice and good. (Well, apart from Kelsey.)

I wish I had rather more critical observations, but, unfortunately, none occur to me at this point.
mattressdemon chapter 30 . 11/2/2006
I could never stand a romance with Anomen, but I did at least love him. I extremely love how you portray him, I hated that anger problem he seemed to have. This is truly an amazing story, your dedication and writing talent are brilliant as the sun in this.
Jewel34 chapter 30 . 10/15/2006
Lovely chapter.
Menelanna chapter 30 . 10/14/2006
Just finished read your fic here. Great work. I so wanted to punch Kelsey! I would like to see you continue this, see the marriage and all that. Also I would LOVE to see Anomen meet up with Kelsey! Well keep up the good work!
Kendris chapter 30 . 10/13/2006
A confrontation might have been more satisfying, especially with Helm involved, but the ultimate result was far more true to Kelsey's nature. A man unwilling to face the responsibilities of marriage and fatherhood would hardly have the cojones to stand before the judgement of a god.

This chapter actually provided the clearest look yet at Kelsey's personality. Willing to use invisibility to sneak into the temple, but not wanting to risk getting caught at it. Willing to make the vow that would prevent Merena and Anomen from being together, but only if Helm would believe it, and would not hold him to it. His "sour grapes" thoughts as he left the temple after the decision, already turning his thoughts to other women who could be maniplated.

The interchange with Helm was nicely done, as well. Stern, but kindly, with just a hint of humor, and Merena's emotions and thoughts were very realistically portrayed.
Bhictoo chapter 30 . 10/9/2006
Well, much as I hate to admit it, you did the right thing with how you set this chapter. I was hoping till the very end for a well placed "lightning bolt," from the "Helmed One," but have to admit that this chapter keeps everyone true to their characters,(pfeh). Mind you all this was more than made up for with Merenas' questioning by Helm, (I loved this bit) and just the interactions between all the characters, wonderfully done! I cannot wait for the next chapter, cheers! :D
Meganalira chapter 30 . 10/1/2006
? How is this supposed to be something else than what we expected? Merena's free and the skinny eel Kelsey acted everything the coward he is. All in all, I liked how you rendered Helm's presence and everyone's reaction to him.

The best quote award for this chapter does not (unexpectedly) goes to Jaheira as usual, but to Helm, for: "So I have heard. Repeatedly." LOL.
Kallamae chapter 30 . 10/1/2006
So many chapters for me to catch up on. It's been great.

I just really like this story. You've got an incredible ability to bring even the minor characters to life. Whether we love them or hate them, we always have a reaction. They always do more than just check off a necessary plot point. It's one of the main reasons why this story has become such a favorite of mine.

I was very relieved at the end of this chapter that everything worked out with Helm. Your disclaimer had me a bit concerned.
Bifflechips chapter 30 . 9/27/2006
A fine little chapter. Though that warning at the beginning did have me a little worried about what the results might be... I almost want to treat this like the ending, but it can't be, if for no other reason then because your warning states that we'll see Kelsey again. Like in a future chapter.

Anyways, glad to have things work out for all our haracters, even the despicable Kelsey who got what he wanted... kind of.
arabellaesque chapter 30 . 9/27/2006
Eghads, that last little paragraph made me want to slap Kelsey *so* hard!

But... I loved this chapter :) Admittedly, it would have been amusing to have Kelsey squirm as he argued with Helm, but I did have a feeling he'd be far too cowardly to even try when the pressure was on.

Helm talking to Merena was splendidly done :) Gave me a warm and glowy feeling!

And your ominous words at the beginning of the chapter hass got me thinking... will Kelsey return because of Kylia, and are there complications in store with that little aspect? (rhetorical question, am thinking out loud (well, in writing: :) )
Kendris chapter 29 . 9/23/2006
Poor Kelsey...he's not having a very good day, is he *insert MAJOR sarcasm emoticon here*

Him keeping his options open with Alanya was a nice touch, and gave an even clearer picture of his character (such as it is).

The sad and amazing thing is, there really are people out there who think that their immediate wants and desires are the only thing that matters, and truly cannot comprehend that other people exist for anything besides their own convenience.

But enough musing...LOVELY conversation with Valygar.

And you were right...I LOVED Pentram!
Meganalira chapter 29 . 9/18/2006
I admit I don't have much to comment on, but hey I know how heart-warming a review can be ;)

As you said, this is a 'set-up' chapter. It's quite good at that, especially the part with Kelsey as protagonist. That one's not rising in my esteem. Your Valygar was still good. Speaking of Kelsey, I can't believe he's that stupid. Is he still in love with Merena and blinded by it, or blinded by loathing for Anomen, or does he just refuse to see what kind of jerk he is and why Merena doesn't want to be married to him anymore? Oh well. Good petty villain you have there.

So... the big unfolding coming soon?
arabellaesque chapter 29 . 9/17/2006
Since it ate my last review *sniff* I'll resubmit, and try and put in all the stuff I mentioned before!

Which, if I recall correctly, started with..

I bet Keldorn's hand hurt after writing that letter :D But I agree with what you said in reply - the lenght of letters people once used to write to each other was fabulously long, so it doesn't look out of place at all, and it's so detailed and personal sounding - I have to agree with what someone else (I think) said in a review - you've given Keldorn a great personality; sort of like amplifying the fatherly-figure feeling I always got from him being in the party :)

And I did love Anomen's complete misreading of who Merena was referring to when she said 'Why, that nosy, interfering witch!' :D I can just see him giving her a look of surprise, and then being somewhat relieved that he'd just misunderstood her :D

And Kelsey... nngh - how much you're making me detest that little rat of a 'man' :) I'm glad he's been foiled by his attempts to get her alone, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the next chapter to see how it all goes!
Bifflechips chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Oh yeah, this is formerly the name you knew as Jason reviewing this story. Now I have an account!
251 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »