Reviews for Healing, Shotgun and Leave Taking
deanandjo4ever1 chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
I love happliy ever afters, they are so shiny
Little Ted chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
I got up early this morning just so's I could finish reading The Little Things series. I think I prefer your River to the original (and not cos I'm a dirty old man either :p). That chapter where River was writing to Jayne's ma was a classic; had me in stitches. Now enough of the "too busy to write" nonsense and get back on it. Don't make me come round there ;)
AnnaKathlyn15 chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
i love it! the humor, romance, and screwball situations they get into are awesome! keep it up! i like what i'm reading.
jenefaner chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Ugh, I am in absolute adoration of this series! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

So very well done, and classy too. You handled my favorite pair with the utmost respect. *Hugs* love it!
carick of hunter moon chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
The Little Things series

All in all this series is one of the best jayne river story arc to be found FFN

They a well thought out with some very good story ideas in them.

They has some nice touch to them, and have some outstanding moments with in them which is what makes this series work so well and keep the reader interest.

I like the ending becuse of who gets to hold the shotgun.

Well done and thank you for your hard work.
alisosia chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
this was a great series hope there will be more

hopefully w/ grandbabies
hahaha-evil chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
i love this siries much and i comand you as ruler of the known galixie to wright more please
ficmuse chapter 1 . 12/19/2006
This story was amazing! I just discovered Jayne/River fic, and I thought your development of their relationship was in character and so well done :)
SpiritBox chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
Fabulous ending to a fabulous series. And Mama Cobb definitely did not disappoint!

You should probably drop everything else you're doing and write more Rayne. ...please? :)
Samson28 chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
I've thoroughly enjoyed all of these tales and what a great finale!

Hope we do get more of River and Jayne in the future. :)
RomanceGuru chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
HEALING

-Ingenious having River speak for Jayne. I could really see her speaking and using Jayne’s gruff mannerisms. Too cute.

“She sounds just like him too, which is slightly creepifying.”

SHOTGUN

-Ah… Jayne done got him self a bride at gone point, how fitting! (Still kind of weird imagining Jayne as a married man though)

LEAVE TAKING

-This passage is beautiful;

“She tightens the arm around his waist and nestles against him. They are barely moving now, just swayin’ on the dance floor. Other people dance around them, flashes of color spinning in his peripheral vision, but he only pays attention to the butterfly in his arms.”

…and a funny one;

“No babies on my ship!” Mal interjected as he walked up to them. “I bent on the kitten, but the babies are definitely out.”

Overall

I never thought much about the Jayne/River pairing before I read your story, and now you have me sold. The best thing about this piece is how convincingly you portray Jayne and River. I have read a few other Fanfics, and I find myself saying, he or she wouldn’t say that. The other characters are spot on as well, and they way you brought them in to enhance the center story was brilliant. The pacing is also very good, nice and slow, giving a new revelation of character and depth with each coming chapter. I think the pacing is MOST important in doing a convincing and tantalizing romance. I cannot stand romances that are rushed. The build up is everything. You were able to genuinely imitate the feel of Firefly, while maintaining a very original entertaining story. You truly have a gift.

I hope Joss discovers you, and hire’s you on for the next gig. (fingers crossed)

While I liked all the chapters, here are my personal favorites; Splinters & Salutations

P.S.I am just starting to read some of Firefly virtual seasons; I have read the first three so far. I have to say “Heart and soul” was the one I particularly enjoyed.
pengwin-jibberish chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
I just did a marathon read of all the stories in this series and boy did I love every minute of it.

You write the characters so well and the suspense, intrigue, and drama of your story lines kept me frantically hitting the next button. Excellant work and I hope to read anything else you might write.
crazyoldwoman chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
*sniffles* omg so cute.
anonymous chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
Loved it. And I'll be looking for more, whether it's part of the series or not.
Rel Fexive chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
Them's a dangerous pairing... but a sweet one also ;)