Reviews for Journal Entries
CRIMS0NKNIGHT chapter 16 . 12/26/2005
About time...
Mystery927 chapter 16 . 12/26/2005
YAY! Another chapter in a great fic

[Every step away from his temporary prison caused my heart to break all over again.] This was an incredibly poignant insight into Dean's mind. Sam and he practically share a soul. They're all they've got left in the world and they need each other (though they don't always show it, as is the case with most siblings). One can only imagine what it was like for Dean while Sam was at Stanford. Though he had his father, it probably wasn't the same.

[...Sam had started complaining that he wanted to head back...] Me thinks Sam was showing signs of his "gift" even when he was a child.

[Unfortunatly, Dad had heard the shots and found us on the ground, me cradling Sam, trying to stop his tears. I remember promising to him and to Dad never to lead Sam into danger. I promised on my life I would never let him get hurt.] Even as a young child, Dean was the protector. It had to have been stressful on him, being so young but being in charge of raising his younger brother. Each time Sam got hurt, Dean believed he failed and it probably traumatized him somewhat (not a lot, but enough to cause him to carry the guilt around).

[So I regretfully put on the act I had taught myself years ago.] Sometimes I wonder if Dean doesn't feel a little guilty for putting on his "act". Sam helps keep him grounded, but even he can't change the years of conditioning that Dean went through which caused him to hone this skill of hiding his emotions.

[Any feelings I'd had before had vanished. When hunting, I pushed everything aside. Thinking of what was happening around me usually led to mistakes. Something I couldn't afford to do.] Great observation there. Dean is a highly skilled hunter and knows how to act in a given situation.

[The girl had so much faith, it scared me.] I think Anna probably reminds Dean a little of Sam. It's probably hard for him to stay focused when he's reminded of his brother around every turn. He's afraid of screwing up because he knows if he does, that's it for Sam. Knowing that his brother would die alone and scared in a pit...that's something that's probably wreaking havoc on Dean's emotions.

[For I knew that if they did, I wouldn't be able to open them again.] Sometimes I wonder if Sam fights solely for Dean's sake. He's had so much taken from him and he's trapped in a life he doesn't want, with powers he also doesn't want. I think if it weren't for Dean, Sam might have given up long ago. Not necessarily died, but I don't think he would've been the same character we see in the show.

[Even if he did, I didn't see how he could get me out.] An excellent display of Sam's selflessness. Though he doesn't think it outright, he doesn't want his brother to meet the same fate he believes he will. I also think that a part of Sam believes he deserves what has happened to him. He probably thinks it's punishment for the fight he had with Dean.

[Barely speaking, I whispered vengfully, "You got what you wanted out of me...You won."] *Snort* When I read that, I thought, "There's the boy Dean raised. Defiant to the bitter end."

[Pushing it to the floor, I was surprised I'd been able to get that far. The creature was much stronger than I, and I was so tired.] Ah, but Dean forgets his determination to save Sam. Sometimes strength is found in our loyalty and love for those close to us. It's kind of like those stories you hear about a mother moving a car off her child. Love is a powerful force.

[She pulled out the cross again, told me to hold it above its forehead, and continue pouring the water.] I don't know if you saw the movie "Constantine" but there's a great exorcism that takes place towards the end of the movie in a hydrotherapy room in a hospital. It's quite intense and this scene brought it to mind.

[Sure, I had been told the reasons, but a part of me never really got it. But watching Anna kill her loved one's murderer, explained it all. Dad wouldn't be at peace until he killed Mom's killer. He needed to know he'd done her justice.] Another fantastic insight into the Winchesters here. No one is more determined then John when it comes to hunting, not even Dean and it's because he was so young when his mother died. But he's still a more dedicated hunter then Sam only because he still has some memory of that horrible night. Although, Sam is starting to be as intense as his brother and even his father after that thing took Jess from him.

[They were wrapped in the cases so emotionally, that it affected their hunting sometimes. Me, I stayed in the mindframe. I kept them from getting themselves killed. And somehow, I knew that was what I was meant to do. To be the protector.] Wow, I got chills at this part. Dean may be the best hunter of them all because of his separation from his emotions. Good job bringing that to light.

["So, you guys just, stumbled across it one day?" I was being nosy, I knew, but the curiousity was overwhelming me.

"Not exactly."] *frowns* Hm, what is she hiding? Dean's good at picking up things, even if he doesn't always realize it.

["Grab that ladder in the corner," I answered, storming back out into the daylight and towards the house, daring something else to try and stop me.] And there's that intensity and fierce loyalty that makes the character so great (and hot, heehee).

Don't apologize for the length of your story. More chapters is a great thing ;-p

I look forward to your next update. I can't wait for another reunion (hopefully *gulp*). Keep up the good work.
ashlyns chapter 16 . 12/26/2005
No Sam dont give up!
Aggie2011 chapter 15 . 12/24/2005
whoa...this is an interesting twist...update soon...i like this story...
sinful delight chapter 15 . 12/24/2005
O! Good story! It's very addicting, like candy. ;) Update soon! I can't wait to read more!
Adara-chan67 chapter 15 . 12/24/2005
Yay! They found Sammy! *jumps around* Yippee! Now if they could only get him OUT...and have a nice chick-flick moment...
IWantToBelieve127 chapter 15 . 12/24/2005
awesome chapter update soon i'm going crazy! I'm sorry i didn't review for chapter fourteen but i had to go to the hospital so i didn't have time to review but it was awesome!
Mistro and Daquiri chapter 15 . 12/24/2005
Oh! I like! I do think that Dean should have seemed a little bit more concerned about Sam in the beginning, but I like Dean's over-protective side. I'm really glad that he finally found Sam - it's about time! I also thought that it was really sweet when he gave Sam his keys. that's what I thought he would have given him when you first said that Dean threw something down to Sam. And I totally guessed that Michelle was posessed by Lacy as soon as Dean figured out the truth - YAY Daquiri!

Keep up the good work, I look forward to the next chapter!
Br00klynBabe chapter 15 . 12/23/2005
wow, awsome chapter. I really liked how you put so much detail into everything that was going on. Good twist with the Michelle being posseses part. I didn't expect that at all. Keep writting! Can't wait till you post the next chapter! Merry Christmas
ashlyns chapter 15 . 12/23/2005
Yay! Dean found him! uodate soon please.
KBecks87 chapter 15 . 12/23/2005
GREAT fic. can't wait for the next update. PLEASE dont make me wait to long
Mystery927 chapter 15 . 12/23/2005
[There'd been a time in my life, a recent time, that I believed I would actually escape the Winchester family. That hunting evil spirits would be a distant memory.] I was thinking about Sam's motives today, why he wanted to escape his family. I think part of it was issues he had with his father, but I think subconsciously he was afraid of losing his family. What Sam seems to crave is stability (that was the word I couldn't think of in my last review, gr). Dean is the opposite, he enjoys traveling and has more of a roaming soul. Yet through being opposite, personality-wise, from Sam, he's able to give his brother a hint of the stability that Sam craves.

[The one that said "I don't care. I'm not telling anyone what I am feeling."] Heehee, a "what would my brother do" moment, I loved it. I enjoyed how Sam came to understand his brother a bit more, even though he was alone. It's funny how that works: sometimes we have to be alone to understand something.

[I glared above me. That damn door. It taunted me. Stared back at me, pushing me to try and get to it. It knew I would fail.] Totally realistic reaction to imprisonment: Sam's anger at the door, an inanimate object. He's not letting his rage swallow him because he is intuned with his emotions. He's personifying the door in order to provide an outlet for his anger.

[Talking to an imaginary Dean felt easier than the real person.] I found that very interesting. It's got to be ripping Sam apart. Dean is so close, but he can't reach him. Damn, I'd be frustrated as hell.

[Just as I was about to spew another long rant to absolutely nothing,] I practically fell out of my chair laughing when I read that because the first thought that popped into my head was "Oh, Sam's taking a page from my book." ;-D

[I chose not to look at my leg, instead titlting my head up to the light. Was the girl coming back for a second round?] Sam still has excellent hunter instincts. Never look away, even if your captor is coming back. Not that he could do much if s/he was, but still, something would be better then nothing.

["See, little bro. I won't leave here without you. Just give me some time to find what I need and kill the son of a bitch that did this to you."] Dean says so much with so few words.

[Feeling the cool metal of the Chevy's keys against my skin brought a new sense of comfort to me.] That was so sweet and heartwrenching at the same time. Dean giving his brother the keys to his baby, is there any better reassurance he could offer Sam?

["Listen, it took me too long to find Sam. I'm not leaving this house until he's with me."] This brought to mind another thing I've been pondering lately. Do you remember in the "Bloody Mary" episode how Sam told Dean that he would die for him? I thought it was incredibly poignant that Dean didn't respond with something like "Me too" or whatever. With Dean, Sam knows that he would die to protect him. What makes their bond so wonderful is that they both do things to quell the secret fears they harbor. They're all they've got in the world, especially now that their father is gone.

[The other, just as insane part of me, wanted to jump down into that hole, to hold unto Sam until he was better.] Dean really understands how traumatized his brother is, even though Sam does a good job hiding it for the most part. He wants so much to help Sam, but sometimes he's not sure how (which is normal).

[He was enclosed in a living bacteria cell.] A lot of people seem to portray Dean as the dumb brother. In my opinion, he's just as smart as Sam. I think he could've gotten a full ride to an Ivy League school if he had submitted an application. But Dean always felt an obligation to his father and late mother. Sam, since he never really knew his mother, didn't feel this obligation as intensly as his brother. Though I think the episode "Home" was kind of a turning point for him b/c he actually met his mother, in a manner of speaking.

[As with all suffering victoms, Anna had to take her sweet time in explaining the story.] A wonderfully subtle way to show Dean's high-strung nature. Enough with the talky talky, I want to shoot something. This is why the brothers make such an excellent team. Dean's good at the physical, ground work. Sam's good at relating to people, getting them into official places, and just being the social one.

["That Lacy Wilson's spirit is possessing her? Yeah."] I can honestly say I didn't see that coming. Oh no, what's Dean going to do?

I really enjoyed the brief reunion between Sam and Dean. I hope Dean can free his younger brother from that awful cell. Please, update soon.
Nate and Jake chapter 15 . 12/23/2005
Just hurry and update. i hope dean gets sam out. just hurry
Ghostwriter chapter 15 . 12/23/2005
Oh, boy. Now they got two problems. But that's just the way I like it. Next chapter please. Catch ya on the flip side.
Mellaithwen chapter 15 . 12/23/2005
He gave him the keys! AH loved that, at first I thought maybe it was his necklace, but no, it was the keys to his beloved Impala!
165 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »