Reviews for Drowning
MJ chapter 15 . 2/23
*sniff sniff* really hits you in the feels.
AnakinPadmeSkywalker chapter 15 . 2/21
Very good story, had me riveted. And the ending wasn't bad; I think it was very true to the two characters.
AnakinPadmeSkywalker chapter 10 . 2/21
Beautifully written with insight. I like how Vader distracted his anger by manipulating the air; for some reason it reminded me of a cat intensely focused on something, swishing it's tail.
AnakinPadmeSkywalker chapter 1 . 2/21
This is a beautiful and original take on things! Can't wait to see where this goes.
Guest chapter 7 . 8/20/2014
You really have a great grasp on the character of Darth it!
ClaMiAl chapter 15 . 3/25/2012
Oh, very nice story! I really liked your Anakin/Vader. I especially liked that he didn't just turn into goody-two-shoes, all light and fluffy. He'd spent a decade as Darth Vader, and even though he's changing that change is not instantaneous or complete. So, very nicely done! And I loved that you switched between Padmé's and Anakin's point of views.

I have two points of critique, though. First, the...well, it's not really an emphasis, but the repeated mention of religion, of Padmé praying and thinking of God and so on. I found that didn't really fit into the Star Wars universe. Religion does not play any role at all in it, except if you want to see the Jedi as a religious group. And even then, they are not worshiping a God or Gods but learning how to use the Force and follow certain principles. So Padmé suddenly praying and thinking of God was a bit jarring.

Secondly, the poem that Padmé remembers. These people 'live' in a completely different galaxy and different time. I highly doubt they'd know poems by some Earth poet. So having Padmé recite such a poem was weird, to say the least. On the other hand I really liked the little quotes you put at the beginning of each chapter. For one I just love quotes and for another they set the mood nicely.

Oh, and a question: Why is Anakin/Vader wearing the suit when he obviously doesn't need it? And what happened at Mustafar? He was injured, he has scars and stuff, and he told Padmé that the suit is because of what happened at Mustafar, but things must have happened differently than in canon since he seems perfectly fine running around and fighting without the suit. I had hoped to find out at some point when Padmé got around to asking him, but that never happened...

So, yeah, cool story! I enjoyed reading it very much.
ChocolateKitten chapter 15 . 3/18/2012
I've just reread this story (I remember reading it years ago) and I still think it is fantastic. I really liked the build up when Padme was in her prison cell and how much detail you go into with the characters' feelings. Will you ever be writing the sequal you mentioned?
lucidscreamer chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
I read this off-line, so I'm only now getting around to leaving a review, but I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this story. I loved your strong, resilient characterization of Padme and enjoyed Vader's redemption. Thanks for a great read!
punz chapter 15 . 9/1/2011
What a great heart, felt story you have created. This is my first Padme and Vader fanfiction I have read and this was fantastic. Vader/Anakin is my favorite character in the saga. I really enjoyed his way back to the light in this story. The twist with Padme being held captive in that horrible prison then having Vader find her was awesome. You could feel their pain and anger as the story progress. You could feel their love bursting out of them both raw and consuming. The death of the Emperor by Anakin's blade... Priceless. Interesting though was you decision to have Vader function out of his suit. Especially when dealing the Emperor. It was a step away from canon, but a step that was fresh. It made the story your own. The ending was perfect. It was sweet with a taste of lime, we know their road to recovery will never heal their wounds. But that's the beauty of it. The tragedy that is Anakin and Padme. It has to be rough and hard for them. It would've taken away from the story if the struggle was erased with the end of the Emperor.

Your writing was amazing. It set the mood perfectly. You were able to keep Vader a monster yet bring a touch of humanity to the character that made him feel like canon Vader.

Thanks for sharing this story!

pkatharine chapter 15 . 10/24/2010
that was beautiful and intense! i love anakin and padme.
serious starwars fan chapter 2 . 5/22/2010