Reviews for Moonlight on Water
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Love Kaylee's eagerness
Bookish0278 chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
I always liked that Zoe and Kaylee liked each other, or don't hate each other. The ending was sad was sweet. I liked the line, "'Gotta think he's still in charge of most things,' Zoe went on, and the faint trace of a smile finally graced her mouth." It reminded me a quote from My Big Fat Greek Wedding "A man is the head of a family, but the woman is the neck, and she can turn the head any way she wants to." Girl power.

Bookish
Grav chapter 1 . 3/24/2007
Okay, remember how I reviewed all the HP stuff and was all "Hey, you really nailed the Britishisms"? Well now I am saying that you have got the dialect to a tee in this. It's perfect. I had to read some of it twice before my brain moved over, but it was great. I love the idea of the two of them talking like this.
Jen chapter 1 . 8/28/2006
Sweet and Shiny, just the way I like 'em.

Thanks Cheers, Jen

P.S. The beginning was strange, sort of out of place for me. I didn't think you needed the Early mention if you didn't mean to elaborate on it. Is all.
Lily chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
you made my night! just perfect. You have kaylee down better than anything i've seen. beautifly story. amazing job. don't be frightened if I take on stalking you. just kidding. or not.
Disappearing1 chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Aw! That a sweet fic, with just a dash of angst! And thanks for that pang at the end. Yes write more Zoe\Wash Fic! -sniff-
Midzst chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
Very nice ficlet with a touch of angst. Good job!
Protectress of Dalidon chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
Very nice for a first foray, some good imagery.

For future reference though it makes it easier to read if the narrator has a consistant voice and if characters behave appropriately. Some of the bits just don't mesh, like the gift of the coil and Zoe not letting Kaylee know she was coming. Just little things that prickle at the reader and detract from the flow of the story.

Overall it's a good piece, and on it's way to becoming an excellent one.
Astralis chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
This was so beautiful. I loved it.
Daisy chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
“Your daddy tell you that?” Kaylee asked as she continued to inspect. “Mine always said – ”

“No.”

You just killed me, Katinka. Right there, you just killed me dead. I love, love, love this.

You got them both down perfect and the background "voices" of Wash and Mal are perfect too!

Oh, I'm excited about this piece and I'm going to make you do more!
elektralyte chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
LOL! I looked up the recipe for Pinto Bean Pie. Good stuff! The fic is good too! I especially like the last part about a good mechanic, the right parts, etc...
Coquillage chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
You are so busted. ;) And it is as excellent a read as the first five times.
Zazaba chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
I assume this is post movie - I wouldn't ask, except a lot of the fandom seems hell bent on denying certain events of our long desired BDM.

Given that, it's a truly beautiful piece. I love Zoe disobeying (well, not exactly, but that's what's so perfect) Mal, and quoting Wash, and Kaylee being worried about Early, and, well, everything really. Your description is excellent too - I really felt like I was in the room. Or at least, watching the telly ;-)