Reviews for The ode to Odo
Guest chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Cool!
Silver Sailor Ganymede chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
This was really well written. I loved the way you wrote the last line of each stanza; it made me laugh a lot.
Her Fantasy chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Odo review number 2 (see my review for Nimbus 1944's if confused):

Ah, another great tale of Odo! Very cleverly done. Making the last three words of each verse fit in with Rowling's was brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?

I love the line "To the cave, to the lair, to the deed, to the death" - I'm not sure why. But it's really great! Good job!
SuGaRLiLy chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
So you left a review in such lovely verse,

The favor was mine to repay.

This was a wonderful tale of great Odo's life,

and a pleasure to read today.

Young Odo's downfall as he rescued his friend

Squeezed from my eye a large tear.

As I read at lengthof Odo's selfless act,

A box of tissues was near.

The ribbon tied 'round Odo's wand,

Was perhaps my favorite part.

The detail was pretty and very well placed-

The lady's gesture touched my heart.

Your tale of Odo contained really great stuff,

T'was impossible to find anything wrong.

In closing, I say good day to you!

I'm glad that you wrote this song.
InkandPaper chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
Okay. I'm nearly speechless. (Nearly :D)

How on earth did you manage to write that?

It's AMAZING!

I love how you have all the end lines finishing with a 'which was...' since I've always thought that line in Rowling's, though very funny, sounded a bit, well, wrong. But fitted into the rest of YOUR poem, it's absolutely perfect!

The rythym is perfect, as is the rhyme - ESPECIALLY the rhyme, since they're all well thought out and fit into the tale, and aren't just random rhyming words hopefully squashed into the poem, thinking they might sound as if they're meant to be there.

The fitting togther of your verses and Rowling's is absolutely seamless.

I'm still stunned.

BRILLIANT work!
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
Have you known they added main character Horace Slughorn? Would be now easier to find fics about him (as well as other characters). (-:
Jobey in Error chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Blo-o-o-o-o-dy brilliant.

Love especially, of course, the "which was"es. It was the thing that most struck me as silly in the book, but, of course, done as a motif, it actually works. (I'm supposing that the wizards who invented this did NOT know that it was mock-heroic. It's even funnier that way.)

My favorite stanza:

A maiden so fair caught Odo's heart

By her window he played the lute

He sang about love and was given a ribbon

To tie 'round his wand, which was cute

"Cute" was the clincher. How silly. :-)

The only thing I don't quite like is the knight, all on par with the main character. Though now that I think about it it has a nice Wizarding supremacist touch...
Starred Signature chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
Wow, this is amazing. With the exception of a few spelling errors, I love it! Adding to favorates. :D
Padfoot Reincarnated chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
So cute! You are the next Homer, and we should all bow down to you. Seriously, great job. Death-in-tooth. I love that.
OddPossum chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
Absolutly brilliant. *applauds* :D
Scoutcraft Piratess chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
Wow! For epic poetry, you are indeed the master. Thsi made me smile! Very creative little tale, very plausible for the HP world... and yet so wonderfully classic in style with just the right amount of silliness. I could not have come up with it! Great job!
BoredInStyle2 chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
Hahaha, very creative idea. I liked it a lot.

great job. )
Jamie46 chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
hehehe, that was cute :) Good job on all the rhyming and everything. There was good meter, as well. I rather enjoyed that. You have quite the wit. :-D Keep up the good work!
Deb-lil chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
Alright Bagge, how did you do this? How can one person be so freakin' clever? Did you get struck buy lightning? Hmm...I hope not. Did you have an epiphany? Hmm...unlikely. Nobody's had a good epiphany in a while. Did you go for a forty minute run, get a surge of endorphins which led to a brain wave? (Because I think that's what happened to me for the Umbridge bashing fic...except my poems aren't as good as yours.) I guess you're just smart'n clever.

There were parts of this poem which I just laughed out loud when reading. For instance, "...to tie 'round his wand, which was cute". THAT was cute. Also, "To the cave, to the lair, to the deed, to the death

To the dragon so horrid and grim

They made up a plan and they did estimate

Their chance of success, which was slim" Ah hahahaha! How I laughed when I read that! (I think my brother's girlfriend thinks I'm crazy now.)

Your epic poems are absolutely fabulous. If you recall, my review-age of your stories began entirely with the Snorkack peom. (Ah, I love that one too!) Now you've written this one...I couldn't tell you which was better. And I also just read the other reviews on this poem and I saw what Dead-Luthien said. It reminded me that this is a not-your-first-language poem. I would probably cry if my teacher told me to write a poem in Spanish...Hell, I'd probably cry if I had to do one as good as this in English...and I speak that one. (obviously).

What QoB said was true too. I thank you for not writing those American transfer kid stories. I'm American, but still, they irk me. (I only read one by my friend Daydrae.)

This poem was such a cool idea and well written. Truly one of a kind. And I'm glad Odo shall be honored in years to come inspite of his death. Death-in-tooth killed him in a rather foul way. It sort of reminded me of the story/poem 'Beowulf'. Did you ever read that? (Plus, leave it to QoB to make hope the dragon gets a proper funeral.)

I want to put this story on my favorites list. That will make four stories of yours. I think I am going to go with my initial plan and make a Bagge's stories section so I don't get redundant.

Bye!

~Deb-lil
Dead-Luthien chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
You don't stop to amaze me! I'm not even capable of writting peoms in my own languagebbut in english... Keep it going! You rule!