Reviews for CombatHogan's Heroes: Escape to Stalag 13
Fantastic chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
I love all your stories and I just happen to be into all the same Fandoms and I do mean ALL of them lol... but I must say while I loved this story and read the whole thing I as very disappointed it's not finished. Ps if you repost this under Combat I am sure more people will love it just as much as I did
snooky-9093 chapter 10 . 12/24/2012
"One minute the officer acted like everyone's pal, smiling warmly, slapping everyone on the back, helping maintain everyone's spirits. The next, he became all business, a sudden coldness overtaking his formerly easy-going manner. The thoughts behind his dark eyes turned unreadable-no longer warm and friendly.

Instead, the mastermind behind this clandestine operation took over-cool, focused, dangerous-regarding and disregarding ideas at lightning speed."

This is it in a nutshell. Excellent. And now I am sorry to see this end. I hope one day you may be able to continue and conclude the story. thanks. all the best.

Sue
snooky-9093 chapter 7 . 12/24/2012
So Kinch and Olsen were on Hogan's plane. A bit unlikely, but that's okay. (Kinch, I mean) I liked the scene in the tunnels with Kinch reflections on Saunders as Saunders sleeps. All these characters would most likely be younger than the actors that played them. Did they give Saunders age in the series? (I haven't seen all the episodes yet.)
snooky-9093 chapter 6 . 12/23/2012
Infantry! LOL. I seem to recall a Combat episode with a downed flyer that had a lot of tension between the flyer and the ground soldiers.
snooky-9093 chapter 5 . 12/23/2012
Ah. Reminds me of "The Great Escape." Sad.
snooky-9093 chapter 3 . 12/22/2012
Loved the roll call. Made me chuckle.
snooky-9093 chapter 2 . 12/22/2012
Thank goodness I became a member of the Combat yahoo group, and the Combatfanfiction group on yahoo. What a treat to find this crossover! I love your dialogue in this chapter, especially Doc's. For some reason Leonard McCoy comes to mind here. LOL.

The rumors about Papa Bear amongst the men on the train are also entertaining. I know in one episode, (I think it was when they were supposed to bomb the Adolf Hitler bridge), the flyer's actually mentioned Hogan etc. I do think it is a bit dangerous however to know so much.

Looking forward to seeing how this moves along. I'm so glad I found MeTV and the Combat reruns. (as well as 12 o'clock High.)
Eclaireur chapter 10 . 12/9/2012
I really like the way you managed to intertwine the two seperate shows into one exsiting plot. Unfortunatly it looks like this story though is never going to get the ending it deservese. To bad...I hope that some day you'll be able to return to Stalag 13 and help Colonel Hogan and Sergent Sanders rescue Doc and get them all, including my guy, Caje, back together with the rest of the squad!
Good Luck
Donna
(little_sis)
snowleopard13 chapter 10 . 7/9/2012
Wow, I just read this story from 1-10 and I got to say I like this crossover. I'm worried about Doc and the other POWs that Hochstetter has in his custody. What will be Hogan's plan to help them escape? What about keeping Saunders with Hogan's team? I like the Colonel with his playfulness at the boys when times are relax and his serioness when he has a job to do. The little baiting back and forth between Kinch and Hogan was entertaining. Yes, I can see the Colonel being a little demanding to Anna and forgetting his gentleman charm until it smacks him upon the forehead. Your Hochstetter I could forget my human values and would love to leave him tied up sitting on a live hand grenade. Don't know if you plan on finishing this story but I wish someone would it's a good story.
Ship's Cat chapter 10 . 11/25/2007
Will Hogan come up with a good plan to rescue the prisoners and will he be able to 'keep' Saunders? I wanna know!
ron chapter 10 . 9/8/2006
A new reader of this story. I prefer "Combat!" stories, and was concerned that the tone would be comedic as was the "Hogan's Heroes" that been the case I likely would not have read the story. I'm pleased that the tone is as dramatic as "Combat!" was - it just doesn't seem to lend itself to a funny version of itself. The details seem - so far - to be right as well - a story can rise or fall on proper use of real, authentic details. I am up to chapter three - so there is much left to make my judgment on the story as a whole. So far it looks promising.
Random Lurker chapter 10 . 7/17/2006
Nice work, Syl. It's up to your usual standards: insanely good.

Since you don't seem to be planning to write an explanation for a particular piece of Kraut paperwork posted in a particular Yahoo group, could you perhaps finish this story before I die of suspense?
TangledPencils chapter 10 . 6/4/2006
I'm really enjoying this story, the combination of the characters is great, please update soon
canislupus chapter 10 . 2/5/2006
Yes another long awaited chapter. I'm on seats edge about these guys. You have done a really nice job of blending the two stories without making them ridiculus and keeping the tension up. my favorite part is still when they use infantry as an explitive. I'll hold my breath till the next chapter.
ML Miller Breedlove chapter 9 . 2/4/2006
Whew! I'm exhausted! There was a lot of tension in this chapter, and there is still one more posted. (Good!)
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »