Reviews for Lost In Parasomnia
scribhneoir chapter 4 . 12/9/2005
I really liked the Ron/Hermione interaction in this chapter and Harry's realisation that they may need a moment or two in private. Ron's frustration at the entire situation is coming across very well, and once again the dialogue between the three characters is wonderful to read.

Ah...the ability to conjure chocolate out of thin air...if only!
SnowflakeGinny chapter 3 . 12/9/2005
You amaze me time after time! quit your job and go on with writing! brilliant work again! can't wait to read more! i'm addicted

update soon please,

~gin~
Harry Lvr chapter 3 . 12/9/2005
Alrighty...I'm back! Like I said, I just watched Donnie Darko for the first time a few days ago, got to the end of the movie and sat there for about ten minutes going wtf? So then I went to the internet and kinda understand it and yay! This story showed up! And I have no doubt that you won't confuse me in it (or at least, you'll unconfuse me by the end of it :)) because, being the great author you are you'll clear up matters in the end. Hint hint.

Anyway, one of the things I've found is the whole Living Receiver has Special Powers thing. One being super-strength. so I'm guessing Ron's ability to break the confinement spell indicates a kind of super-magical-strength? Nice twist, if that's right. Also, there's the ability to conjure fire and water - is that going to come into play? Oh yeah and...hang on...if this is Donnie-Darko-esque, and has the whole tangent-universe thing (which I'm kinda hoping it won't...use that to inspire it, sure, but keep it in the same fandom or magical universe) that would mean that Harry and Hermione won't remember anything...which would really piss me off. Oh wells.

Now as for the actual review...well, I came into this cause I saw that you wrote it and...wow. You had me hooked from the first few paragraphs - the hints of something horrible happening if you wake him up (I'd like to say I'm dying to know what happens, but that'd be lying. I'm really enjoying wallowing in the suspense...which is fantastic, btw), and Molly's and Arthurs horrified reactions to seeing Ron sleepwalk were are fantastic ploys for suspense which is definitely working. You characterisations of Harry and Hermione are, as I said in ESSM, once again perfect, although its good to see Harry once again come into his own, more assertive being. And its very good to see Hermione being not only the dry bookworm but the worried friend - she's even better than in ESSM, although, of course, she lost a lot of her personality in that with her memory. I was a bit wary of your portrayal of Ron in ESSM, but this time I think you've hit the nail on the head. His personality is exactly as I imagine it, love his talent with cooking (one writing trick that I love - don't get too caught up in the plot to forget the atmosphere. Putting in little things like the bread and the actions of characters as they speak really adds a lot to a story) and his flirting with Hermione (hehehe).

Anyway, I reckon they would have worked out the whole Regulus-Locket thing by now, but hey, so long as they get there eventually, its all good. Apart from that...hehehe...just rereading this chappie, love the whole

Hermione's eyes widened suddenly and she clamped her hand to her mouth in horror.

"Oh no this is a library book! You can't write on library books."

Harry couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Hermione, get some perspective!"

lol. Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, apart from that, fantastic work (as usual), am immensely jealous of your talent, and update soon!

Harry Lvr

PS - love the title, btw. Personally, I much prefer it to 'Ronnie Darko'. That one sounds a bit like a parody. HL.
Harry Lvr chapter 3 . 12/9/2005
Wow! Sounds fascinating...just one question. How closely is this going to relate to Donnie Darko? I watched it for the first time when it was on TV about 2 night ago...and am still utterly confused by it...but you know. I can't write much now...I'll write a proper review soon. Great work!

Harry Lvr
existence92 chapter 3 . 12/8/2005
Good plot! Can't wait for the next chapyet! _
eucatastrophe06 chapter 3 . 12/8/2005
Wow! Three chapters in one day! Nice job. I'm liking this story so far. You have, once again, managed to spark my interest. I was glad to see that Harry was given a larger part in this story (I liked ESSM, and I know it was more of a Ron/Hermione story, but I just like the three of them together.) Anyway, I think this story has great potential. Good writing once again!
Baka No Katsu chapter 3 . 12/8/2005
This is really, really brilliant! I throughly enjoyed ron-talking-to-the-6ft-bunny-in-a-creepy-voice. especially hermione's reaction. All in all, this story is going great! i can't wait to read more!

thanks for the great read

-kat
Baka No Katsu chapter 2 . 12/8/2005
I'm really enjoying this so far!

I especially like how you write the trio's personalities. Ron in particular. You're able to keep them in character, which is refreshing.

*goes to read next chapter*
Baka No Katsu chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
This is fantastic! I think you could have kept the 'Ronnie Darko' title. It's really cute, and works so well! I love Donnie Darko, just like I loved Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind.. so once again, I can tell I'm going to enjoy this fic (I reviewed you're last story with my old user name, Neko Kamiya, and just changed to the new one)

small typo: there is a comma missing in the first paragraph, i think:

"There was no watchful eye for Harry, other than Ron and Hermione's own but who was watching over them? "

should be:

"There was no watchful eye for Harry, other than Ron and Hermione's own, but who was watching over them?"

yeah, just noticed that and wanted to give an actual useful review. I really love your writing. thanks for the new story!
SciFiSG1 chapter 3 . 12/8/2005
Yay! A new story. I'm kinda guessing that you like giving Ron all these problems, I personally find it kinda amusing that he's a sleepwalker, or so we think he is a sleepwalker (keep wanting to type Skywalker, but i digress...) First three chapters looked great, and I can't wait to see how you handel the whole Horcrux deal. Well, glad to see your writing another story so please, update really soon.

~JediTwitch~
Magnolia Lane chapter 3 . 12/8/2005
Excellent beginning. Now here's a plotline that's not been done in HP fanfiction that I've seen before. Is Ron sleepwalking again because of the stress he's under, or is it something else? I liked the scene with him cooking for the trio, and that he was better at it than them. It's good to see him with his own unique skills, and not just the sidekick. I'm looking forward to more.
scribhneoir chapter 3 . 12/8/2005
Great chapter. The myriad of emotions you so accurately and effectively portrayed in this chapter is wonderful. Harry and Hermione's distress at seeing Ron so upset is powerfully shown in this chapter...their arguments showing their sense of powerlessness.

I can't wait to read the next chapters, keep up the great work.
scribhneoir chapter 2 . 12/8/2005
A great chapter. You captured the conversational banter between Harry, Ron and Hermione very well. And even allowed for some flirting between Ron and Hermione. The little details about the cooking exploits and the laughter at the start make Ron's distress at the end of the chapter even more powerful.

The thought of Hermione picking 'magic mushrooms' is really funny... :)

I'm definitely curious now...what did Ron do when he was last woken up? The way you have created the suspense and interest is very effecitve.

I'm so happy there's another chapter to read...will review in a bit...
scribhneoir chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
A new story! :)

This first chapter is interesting and intriguing...it not only gives an interesting view of what may happen regarding the Horcrux search, it also gives a good insight into the Weasleys. Your exploration of Molly's fears regarding what is happening and what may happen, along with her and Arthur's reaction to Ron's sleepwalking is a wonderful way to begin this story.

And now I'm away to read chapter 2...
MichiRini chapter 3 . 12/8/2005
Whoa. I know I told you this in my review at the end of "Eternal Sunshine of a Scourgified Mind", but you are an uber-awesome writer...
345 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23