Reviews for Future Tense
Akayuki Novak chapter 8 . 5/10
*quiet sniff, wipes away tears, smiling* Ah, I was totally sobbing my eyes out because my gosh, Yugiwasjustalittletoolate,andIthoughthewasgoingtogobackandmaybeYugiwasgoingtogowithhim, but NOPE! You went and did /that/! And I'm happy but trying to calm down from being scared/depressed at the same time.
Lost Legendaerie chapter 2 . 3/18
ohhhhhhh my god

oooooooooooooooooooooooh my god i was just bouncing around an idea like this today, god bless u. god fucking bless you
Sophie-SSS chapter 8 . 1/23
The story was awesome!
But in my opinion Atemu really shouldn't have come back. And after he did Yuugi was actually making the right choice by wanting to let him go again. The world would not only be safer, but Yuugi has suffered enough, I think, to gain his independence and sense of self and to overcome his fears and his pain only for Atemu come back and complete him. I know it sounds crazy, but in my opinion Yuugi is meant to be incomplete, and is meant to sacrifice himself to the greater good.
But anyway! I really loved this fic and the way you developed the characters and their backgrounds! I loved all the interactions. Congratulations. Sometimes the fic with which end you disagree the most is one of the best ever written!
DrummerDancer chapter 8 . 10/8/2014
Incredible! I loved your interpretation of the post canon characters, and the pacing was so well done that I couldn't put the story down. Excellent, excellent job.
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 8 . 12/14/2013
Wow! I'm speechless. Simply amazing. I *love* the concept of Atemu and Thief King being summoned back, and having to *fight* to stay that way. Laughed aloud at the arguing-turned-foreplay between the Bakuras, and the unwilling rejection between the Muutou's, and Atemu's name causing power outages and glass implosions was great. I soaked up the "firsts..." game the Puzzle-bearers played; gave us so much nice background about Atemu! And him, just scaring the living sh*t out of the Kaiba brothers... Classic. You characterized Yuugi and Jou really, really well, my only objection being the somewhat-often typo of loosing the "i" at the end of the latter's name. Malik was really nice to see (though what color did he streak his hair?), Ishizu being a human who makes mistakes, Rishid... why didn't he signal Yuugi out during the end there would have been nice to be told... and I have to say I prefer "Ishtahl" over "Ishtar", having a proclivity toward the Arabic Ibn Sahl from optical physics... But I digress. This fic was amazing, plausibly extrapolated in-character, and will be reread in the future.
PennyKing chapter 8 . 8/23/2013
First and foremost, bravo. There are really no words that even begin to scratch the surface of written merit your story is worthy of.

But I will try anyway.

This is actually my second time reading Future Tense because, yes, it's that good. It's very good. Your interpretation of post-canon events in the world of Yu-Gi-Oh was, in retrospect, a bit dark. But that's what made it so fun to read.

I mean, innocent little Yugi becoming a bit of a "whore"? Well, I suppose when you lose your other half, you start to lose sense of dignity in the process. Yugi was no longer complete and tried to preoccupy himself with work, work, and more work and all that implied to do a damn good job at it. When one analyzes the characters as portrayed in Future Tense, one could see you had a daring, yet realistic perspective of their futures, and I, as well as many readers before me, really appreciate that.

The characters in your version of the future actually *evolved*, for better or for worse. Mostly for worse, because as Yami said they were completely different than what they should have been. But then, a happy and healthy Yugi and Ryou would have been boring, though that's for another day.

Your portrayal of the relationships between the yamis and hikaris was excellent. No matter what anyone else says, I feel it would be too "and they lived happily ever after" had the hikaris accepted their darker halves right away. Not to mention all the years they spent in internal conflict wondering if they did the right thing or not (at least for Yugi) would just be throw out the window on a whim! No! They're adults now! They've built their own lives and have been forced to learn to get by on their own. Accepting their other halves is like marriage (no divorce, either). Having the people they've (consciously/unconsciously) relied on for so long step all over the fragile foundation of the new lives they've tried to forge for themselves is a BIG decision!

With that, I move on to the ending, which I believe is fine the way it is, give or take an epilogue. It was a happy ending, in a slightly doleful sense, not that I was expecting rose petals and confettis. The ending matched the angsty mood of this post-canon drama, so that's a plus for keeping the flow. For me, I'm happy knowing all turned out well for our protagonists, but perhaps a short epilogue, an aftermath of the aftermath, may give other readers that big sigh of satisfaction in ending the long journey, since Death-T (or Duelist Kingdom), of their hero, Yugi Mutou.

Now, before I finish (please forgive my lengthy review. I just love this story so much!), just a quick overview of the other characters. I love how you maintained Joey and Yugi's friendship after all these years. It's a shame that others have moved on, but they also have lives to live, too, so that was only expected. At least one person hasn't abandoned him, considering the people he's lost already. Kaiba is a difficult character to write, considering all the layers he has and the 180's he flips in his interactions with certain, different people, but you did a superb job, especially with his use of legal jargon when addressing an uncomfortable issue (btw, what was that? Did something happen in New York?). Marik, that little fighter. He really changed the course of the story. Finally, Ishizu...she seemed pretty much the same, loyal as always. However, it seems she has forgotten the lesson she learned in Battle City, that destiny can be changed. But I guess reviving the pharaoh only to have to send him back clouded that lesson. "Perhaps fate cannot be changed, after all," or something. I can imagine her thinking that.

All right, you may breathe again! I apologize for the length but I want to show writers I actually read their hard work with every fiber of my being and I thought it was more than just an "Awesome story!" or "Good story! I loved it! Write more please!"

I do hope you will continue to write because you have an amazing gift. Not everyone can weave emotions into written words, so please do not be afraid to show off your talent. Even if it's not fanfiction, there will be at least one more story in the world to read.

-PennyKing
Drew chapter 8 . 7/7/2013
This story is awesome. Its always a bit bittersweet to read stories where everyone is all grown up but you did it brilliantly.
Saratiga chapter 8 . 2/3/2013
Great story! Love the ending! :D
herRhi-chan chapter 8 . 6/16/2011
This fic has been so full of twists, and unexpected angsty turns.. It was different and refreshing? Haha, thank yoy for writing this :3
JudyTheMangaFreak chapter 8 . 6/5/2011
Yay! Malik saved the world! xD Oh, how I am grinning madly while a few minutes ago I am still heart-brokent and close to tears when Yugi denied his other half? TTTT This story is so heart-broking... I actually wished it would be longer... Nice story, btw~
TexasDreamer01 chapter 8 . 10/6/2010
right next to ryou and the thief king, malik's my favorite character. i knew i liked him for something.

brittney
ForestGuardian311 chapter 8 . 6/12/2010
One word...AMAZING! I loved your interpretation of the future, and I just love stories that deal w/ Atemu coming back... You did an incredible job with this. I am so glad that Yugi came to his senses...it wouldn't have been fair for Yami to leave...again.

Anyway, fantastic job and keep it up!
kayura sanada chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
kukuku. Okay. Evil laugh inserted, let's go to the next chapter!
shadowninja-yuna chapter 8 . 6/9/2009
I nearly had a heart attack when I thought that Yuugi wouldn't change his mind D: Thank god...gods...god... he did.
Yami-no-Tamashii chapter 8 . 6/2/2009
ZOMFG! THAT WAS FCKING AWESOME!

*adds to favorites*

I liked this. It was short, but still really deep and dramatic. Me likey when Yami is hurt unfairly by Yugi...or maybe it was fairly...but I'LL ALWAYS SIDE WITH YAMI-SAMA! x)

Um...what else...um...ah whatever. Haha, I liked how Seto and Mokuba found out about Yami.

At first I didn't get that this wasn't really AU...I thought it was. Then it took me a moment to realize that Yami was Yami because of how you changed his hair...x) The change in Yugi was soo OOC though...that's why i thought it was AU...hehe, I had to go back and reread the summary.

GO ATEMU-SAMAA!