Reviews for A New Life
DBZ Stargate Ninjawars chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
"All original characters are the property of TVfan."

Thank god I read that line since there's no OCs alert in summary.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 9 . 9/21/2009
Nice bit of work, I have to admit.

You could maybe do with adding a bit more emotion to the character’s spoken statements- I’m sometimes not getting a real feel for how they FEEL when they’re talking about stuff, really; sometimes it just seems like they’re reciting facts rather than talking with each other-, but the plot idea was certainly highly enjoyable, and you clearly put a great deal of thought into such elements as Tracer’s return and how Mary Jane acquired her powers.

And as for Arachne…

Nice bit of work, I have to admit.

You effectively created a very interesting look at the gradual development of Mary Jane’s attitude to her powers, progressing from her reluctance to use them at all to using them to help Peter, culminating in her decision to go into the hero business on a full-time basis even without Spider-Man’s presence.

Even your use of the Hobgoblin proved highly effective; not only do you give Mary Jane a VERY dangerous foe to go up against for her ‘debut’, but you even managed to expertly capture his personality (His decision to help Spider-Man and Arachne against Tracer at the end was a particular example of that; other villains would probably have tried to fight both groups rather than recognising the superior threat posed by Tracer).

Admittedly, I wasn’t sure about your use of Tracer- the guy’s only made a couple of brief appearances and he’s never made that much of an impression on me-, but in the end the use of him in your plot worked out fairly well as well, so my initial uncertainty is pushed aside in favour of appreciation for your storyline.

Keep up the great work!
Randl Scot chapter 9 . 11/26/2007
Nice story it is really good now this is a Spider-Man story that I like where Mary Jane becomes another Spider-Woman wow that is so cool that is what they should have done in the comics and ways Spider-Man without Mary Jane in sucks big time.

Mary Jane Watson-Parker is the best charater in spider-man comics.
Fionn the Otaku chapter 7 . 9/23/2007
Very nice use of the other so far! A bit unlike her to attack in public or to attack on Peter's turf though. Still her defeat was nicely done.

So MaryJane's Nome de costume is Arachne? A good choice for good reasons. But what will Julia Carpenter call her self (should she appear in this series of fanfics) now that her first and choices are taken? She could call her self SheLob which is a combination of She and Lob a very old english word for Spider, but that was also the name of a Spider Demon in J.R.R. Tokien's trilogy, another choice is Attercoppe which is another very old english word for Spider and another possibility is Miss Nancy (derived from Aunt Nancy a english corruption Anansi the west African spider god).

Peter's "costume" was also good, reminds me of the time he borrowed a FF uniform from Johnny Storm and used a Paperbag for a mask (Johnny added a Kick me sign) while calling him self the Bombastic Bag-man. Lol
Fionn the Otaku chapter 4 . 9/23/2007
This is a really great and is one of the three best Spiderman fanfics i have read. I think you choice of how to give and what powers to give to Mary Jane was very good (although i do think her wall crawling ability should be more like Spider-woman's because that's how Spider-girl's wall crawling works). Your choice of which villens to use is also very good as Tracer makes a pretty good lackey for the origional Hobgoblin what with his abiltity to control machines and possesion of the usual abilities of a andriod. I also thought that Mary Jane's dream sequence was excellent.

How ever one minor nitpick, Tony failed to mention two of Spiderman's lesser but still important powers. Peter's extream flexibility and his healing factor which while no where near as good as Logan's still heals him many, many times faster than a normal human. Hopefully Mary Jane has gained those powers as well.
Ghost in the Machine chapter 8 . 10/3/2006
“Spider-Man’s a good guy,” Normie answered simply.

Have you ever seen what little Normie does to his Spiderman doll? It ain't nice.

You're telling this great story, but every so often, there are little details that trip things up.
Ghost in the Machine chapter 7 . 10/3/2006
The little hairs thing is from the Spiderman movies. The comic book Spiderman uses a different method to stick to walls. (I leave the details of finding out what that is as an exercise for the student.)
liliaeth chapter 9 . 9/19/2006
I really liked this story and I especially loved that even though you gave MJ powers, you didn't have her react to them the same way that Peter did. It was nice to see her insecure about what she wanted to do with her life now.

Your Flash seems nicer though, than what the amnesia turned him into in the comics. Not that I minded that.
Mark C chapter 9 . 9/13/2006
I really enjoyed how Spider-Man talked about his and Arachne's spider-sense. You did a wonderful job of describing how it works and how Peter goes about using it. In time, Mary Jane will get used to it and will know when to use and when to ignore it.

The Hobgoblin tried to surprise Liz by killing her son, unfortunately Normie wasn't at the apartment but was with Liz at Avengers Tower. He really took out his anger on the servants there and the apartment itself.

It was good to see both Spider-Man and Arachne finally finding Hobgoblin's base and Tracer as well. The fight between all four of them was great. It was good to see that Hobgoblin fought alongside Spidey and Arachne to defeat Tracer. Unfortunately for poor Hobby, he got caught in the process.

The ending was wonderful with Peter and MJ taking in what all had happened. I'm happy that you are planning a sequel because I would really like to see how MJ deals with her powers and how well she is handling them.
Mark C chapter 8 . 8/20/2006
That was a tough break for Mary Jane and her fellow actors. The Other caused enough damage that the play had to be cancelled but at least they will get paid for the full run of it. This will definitely give MJ more training time as Arachne.

I still find it odd that Flash is in denial about having amnesia. Even with Spider-Man telling him that, he still denies it. This interesting plot thread really intrigues me and I can't wait to see where you take it from here.

Liz is having a hard time dealing with Hobgoblin and his demands. But, at least now she has found a solution to her problem in Spider-Man. I liked how she went to Peter to see if he could contact Spider-Man and how Peter was able to keep his identity a secret. Now, he knows what was troubling Liz when she met him and Arachne at the Tower. With Liz providing information about the Hobgoblin, both Spider-Man and Arachne now know that he may show up at Osborn Industries some time in the near future. Plus, Tony found how they could locate Tracer will be a big help in also locating Hobby. I eagerly await the next chapter to see what happens next.
sUnKiSsT chapter 8 . 8/14/2006
Very good stuff, can't wait for the next chapter.

Ashley
Mark C chapter 7 . 7/17/2006
Mary Jane did good her first time out as a hero. Deep down, she knows she made the right decision but it will take time and practice to perfect her new powers and use them correctly. With the Other around and not to worry about Peter, that made her decision easy. Now, Peter will have to up Mary Jane's training but I don't think he minds. I liked how Peter went about teaching Mary Jane how to websling, she really enjoyed that and later showed her how to wall crawl. In time, Mary Jane will have full control over her powers. Both Peter and Mary Jane did a good job in containing the Other, so that's one less thing they have to worry about. Arachne suits MJ as a name and she is now established as Spider-Man's partner. I hope to see them tackle Hobgoblin together because he's still out there scheming.
LordLanceahlot chapter 7 . 7/15/2006
I loved it! Wonderful chapter
Mark C chapter 6 . 6/13/2006
Mary Jane is still having problems accepting her new powers but she needs to learn control them in order to not hurt anyone. I hope in time she comes to accept them. I do love how she practices with both Peter and Jessica and she will control them soon.

Hobgoblin is now taking over Osborn Industries. I really feel sorry for Liz because she is right where Hobgoblin wants her. The only person that could help her is Spider-Man. You have done a great job with showing how money hungry Hobgolin truly is.

The Other is another problem Peter has to worry about. It seems right now that there may be no way in getting rid of the Other and that spells trouble for Peter. I really liked the way you ended this chapter with Peter and the Other going at in the theatre but the best part was when Mary Jane joined the fray in a spider costume. I really hope that we get a better discription of it in the next chapter. Plus, it appears that Mary Jane has taken to the super hero side of her problem of should she or shouldn't she. This makes me eager to see what you come up with for the next chapter.
htbthomas chapter 6 . 6/11/2006
Okay, I wasn't sure I would like it at first, but I loved every scene with MJ in it this chapter. She didn't want to become a superhero, but she will do whatever it takes to protect her husband.

A few lines I really liked:

“What?” the Other asked, “You’re the only one who can come back from the dead?”

The woman gave a sigh and then said in a joking voice, “Makes me wish cloning was legal.”

Looking forward to the next one!