Reviews for Elementary, My Dear ObiWan
SigningSiren chapter 30 . 6/3
Such a great story. It's comforting to know that Sherlock's deductive reasoning transcends this planet. I had a feeling it would be something simple, like an earth bullet, that would end up being the key to stopping Derry.
I didn't anticipate Mrs Hudson and MacEiver being upset with Holmes. He did wait until after they had tried to reason with Derry and he had nearly killed everyone. I'd be curious to know if they were all 'exiled' to this planet, as Qui Gon said. Are they all in the Jedi witness protection program or have they all done some questionable things in the past? If the latter, their determination to turn Derry back and Anger at Holmes makes more sense.
I loved Watson's sign off at the end. Leave it to him to find something philosophical about these fantastical events. And with those dreams, and his belief in luck, perhaps he has a bit of force sensitivity.
Pitch perfect story. You captured Doyle's writing style wonderfully and somehow made this unlikely pairing flow naturally
SigningSiren chapter 26 . 6/2
I feel like I missed something. Was I supposed to have seen them find the holo message?

Strange that the Jedi would be so relaxed
SigningSiren chapter 25 . 6/2
Interesting turn of events. Very good pacing.
SigningSiren chapter 24 . 6/2
Mrs Hudson! I love it.
Great bluff with Sherlock playing he was in despair for Watson's benefit. At first I figured that he was acting, then you fooled me when Watson dismissed the possibility. It's great that Sherlock can still outwit everyone. Now I'm going over what Qui Gon told Holmes earlier and trying to figure out how he deduced the Jedi's 'real reason' for being here
SigningSiren chapter 21 . 6/2
IVs would be feet fascinating to Watson. Good for him in at least creating the possibility of escape
SigningSiren chapter 20 . 6/2
"Control emotion, don't kill it." Maybe the Jedi do have something they can learn on this backwater planet. Perhaps an apparently emotionless person like Holmes is the best to give them that lesson as they are more able to relate to his way of using emotion.
Interesting idea that someone who strives not to feel emotion could be more likely to turn. I guess, without understanding of love, we could turn into logical sociopaths
SigningSiren chapter 19 . 6/2
So, Holmes is Right, there is a traitor. It is fun to see someone not in awe of Moriarty, even if they are from another planet
SigningSiren chapter 16 . 6/2
So, it seems that waking up from a nightmare can be useful if given the opportunity to channel our adrenaline at the right person.

I was surprised that Sherlock and Qui Gon didn't take Mary somewhere to protect her when they realized Watson was missing
SigningSiren chapter 14 . 6/1
Interesting discussion on the value of friendships. It should be interesting if the tenets of the Jedi code are discussed
SigningSiren chapter 13 . 6/1
It was a little confusing when you switched to Holmes' voice. Maybe if you put in a symbol to show the page break I would not habe had that issue.
I appreciated Holmes trying to get information from Qui Gon, but Quo Gon being totally aware of what he was doing
SigningSiren chapter 12 . 6/1
Mrs Hudson being Mrs Hudson and LeStrade being LeStrade
SigningSiren chapter 11 . 6/1
As I suspected, Holmes has too much pride to let on that any of this is surprising to him. His logical deductions do come in handy no matter the difference in technology.
We are an anthropological site, Huh? Makes sense
SigningSiren chapter 10 . 6/1
Another fun chapter. It'll be fun to hear Holmes reactions to this later, if he decided to humble himself enough to let Watson know that he is surprised or bewildered by anything. This also had shades of Harry Potter when they were attempting to keep the Muggles from knowing about their superior ability and technology
SigningSiren chapter 9 . 6/1
This cross over is so well done! I feel like you really have captured Watson's voice. It feels like I am reading one of the more fantastic Sherlock Holmes Adventures. It is interesting to watch these characters react to Jedi and advanced technology. Holmes is fascinated and wants to be skeptical, but is accepting that, however improbable, what he is witnessing must be true.
I have always felt that Watson's greatest strength is his ability to force himself to adapt to the craziest situations and act as necessary in the moment and Wait for it all to be explained later. This is why he is such a great side kick. It's fun to see him react with amazement, but just soldier on and do what is necessary.
'While Ben argued with his machine'
I loved Watson's perspective on that
Aki chapter 30 . 3/11
Great cross-over! Plot made sense for both universes, characters' voices and motivations remained consistent and the world building was remarkable. I loved the 'voice' of John, the little bits of Victorian sensibility that bled into his views and descriptions that made him seem so real. It felt like reading the Dolye classics all over again - only with Jedi!