Reviews for Sealed Fates
Underwater Dreaming chapter 3 . 4/17/2012
That spirit... I wonder who it was following sheena!
Underwater Dreaming chapter 2 . 4/17/2012
So Zelos is in on it...
Underwater Dreaming chapter 1 . 4/17/2012

Very good first chapter! What is Lloyd up to...?
Vandenberg chapter 23 . 1/26/2009
Hey, great job. Although i did get mixed up as to which person was talking and who wasn't every now and then. Boo! The was a semi-cliff hanger in the epilogue... *evil eye*

-Sked-San-san says "Keep up the good work!" :3
nolongerhereok chapter 23 . 10/5/2008
WHAT? I'm so completely and utterly confused by what happened x_x
Scarpaw chapter 23 . 7/5/2008
Your a bitch, you know that? A real bitch... Grr I hate these kinds of cliffhangers! :-O!
kiara tatsu chapter 23 . 5/30/2008
that was so sad ... but i loved it!
Strawberry Eggs chapter 23 . 2/29/2008

*Gets on hands and knees and bows repeatedly, pratically banging head on floor*

I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm...

*Fifteen minutes later*

I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!

Dita: Normally Serene would've stopped her a long time ago but...

Galaxia: She's still warring with Tiara over Super Smash Bros. Brawl. -_-; I suppose I should so something about it if we want this review to get anywhere...

I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm...

Serene: Hm, maybe I don't always need to smack her with an Aura Sphere. But...where's the fun in shouting? *Barely dodges Tiara's Shadow Ball.* *Charges own Aura Sphere*

*Shakes head* Let's move on, shall we?

I really don't have much of an excuse for not having reviewed sooner, much sooner. I mean...this is the last chapter. I should've been all over this chapter like white on rice. Sure, school kept me fairly busy, though I still had many chances to read and reveiw. Luminous Arc, Tales of Phantasia, and Phoenix Wright often occupied my free time as well. They're also the reason why I still haven't gotten much fic writing done myself.

*Sigh* I really much apologize, Arky. You tell me time and time again how much you appreciate my reviews, which is normally why I try and review in a timely fashion, but sometimes...I just get lazy, I suppose.

Yeah, let me get to the actual review. :P

Where do I even begin? This chapter blew me away. The fight scene was detailed, and exciting, literally keeping me on the edge of my computer chair. I thought I was onto to something when I noticed what Caelestis said to Lloyd in chapter 18: "Really, you and I are one and the'll see." Caelestis is Lloyd, at some point in the future. That raises some interesting questions though. Since Caelestis remembers what happened to him when he was still Lloyd, does that mean Lloyd is doomed to do what Caelestis did? me slow, but is that why this story is now titled "Sealed Fates". Lloyd's fate is sealed, having to repeat itself in what can only be seen as an endless cycle? Then with a title like "Fated to be Free", will Lloyd be able to escape this cyclic fate somehow? Am I onto something here, or am I completely off my rocker?

I'll understand if you won't give me a straight answer. It would be more fun to have me keep guessing. I'd do the same. :P

It's ironic when you think abou it. Mithos said before he died "Farewell my shadow, you who stand at the end of the path I chose not to follow." Yet during this story, Lloyd seems to follow a very similar path he did. He meant well, and in the end, Lloyd did save the world, but at the cost of losing his life (or so it seems, for the moment) and bringing grief to his friends and father, after having them question if he had betrayed them or not.

I'd hate to sound nitpicky, especially this is such an incredible chapter, but I still picked up a few errors. I understand that it's very long, that you are human and that mistakes happen. Heck, I really shouldn't be one to talk with my own crazy typo-ing habits. You just forgot a few words here and there, and the like. *Shrugs* Like I said, really not a big deal...

For a story that you didn't know whether you would continue or not, it really did take on a life of its own. It may have started as a "darkfic wanna-be", but it became a full-fledged dark action/adventure because of your incredible writing style and understanding of the game and characters. It raised questions, answering some, only to bring up more, and constatly kept me guessing and pondering. This really is an incredible fanfiction story. I am not exaggertating when I say this is not only one of my most favorite fanfics you've authored, but one of my most favorite fanfiction pieces, period. It is stories like this that remind me why I consider you one of my most favorite authors on

Bravo, Arky, bravo.
CommodoreZelda13 chapter 23 . 1/31/2008
that was SOO FREAKING AWESOME! i was almost in tears at a few parts. i can't wait until Fated to be Free!

the whole entire battle scene was great. i loved the action mixed with the tension and Caelestis' thoughts and all... absolutely amazing. i hope i can write a battle that well someday.
DevilMadeYouCry chapter 23 . 1/30/2008
O.O wow the endin was awesome though im mad that you killed Lloyd,if you really did that is but i guess i'll have to wait for the next fic
doragon no mizu chapter 23 . 1/30/2008
So that's what the IC question was for. XD ::slow::

Anyway, I really liked it! Well done, seriously! I think you really hit on with the characters and how they would react in the given situation. Even though Kratos continues to piss me off with his damn "must be cold hearted-ness" (which is so regrettably in-character). And poor Noishe! At least he has Sheena though.

Otherwise, there was only one mistake that really jumped out at me, which was just a forgotten word... "know" I think it was, I forget where though, shows how much help I turned out to be.

Ah, going on, great job, Arks (damn shift key, took me three tries to get that right)! I'll be looking forward to your next submission.

And tell me, how does it feel to fianlly have it finished?

Luff, D.
Maurice Elias A. Nigma chapter 23 . 1/30/2008
Well, I've got to say that after reading this whole thing with Lloyd fighting his own personal battles, it's one of the most impressive tragedy fics that I've ever laid eyes on. Trust me for when I say this for I never ever read any tragedy and drama fics for it makes me think to much and it's too gloomy in my opinion. However, after reading this fiction, I'm willing to make an exception.

Now, from what I could see from what I've read from your other fic "The Sinner's Soul" and this one, I've got to say that Sheena and Lloyd were close to telling their feelings to one another. But I could also see that Lloyd is doing what he does best and that's doing things on impulse without letting everyone know about it or without thinking it through. Talk about being a hypocrite. I mean, sure the guy means well by allowing his physical body to be taken over by a demon from another world named Animeus which then in turn transform him into his future self which is dubbed Caelestis. This also in turn causes him to not only lose his pact and trust with Origin and the Eternal Sword, but the trust of his friends and family(Kratos) as well. Man, and I thought that Kratos has problems with opening up to people with his personal problems at times. In any case, with demons trying to fight a seperate summon spirit to claim their territory as their own, the group seemed to be divided or torn at what their friend was doing or thinking. But after reading his story on what has happened to him during his own personal quest alone, it's sort of understandable. However, this would also cause a tragedy that would cause his close friends pain despite what he's trying to do.

Kratos in the end of the chapter seems to be rather mortified and disgusted, as well as sadden, with what his own son was doing despite his good intentions. It seems that he noticed that Lloyd still seems to fail at trying not to repeat the same mistakes as his father and Mithos did, but what's done is done and now he has to pay the price for it. I'm really surprised that the guy would do such a thing in order to save his world just to become the very thing that he has to defend against. Man, I feel sorry that he had to be the one to live way beyond his own son who he tried to defend only to lose him in the end.

Both Sheena and Zelos both felt different while taking in their friend's death very hard. More so than anyone else in the group, besides Colette, who tried to cope with it by moving forward. Especially for when Zelos told Sheena about how Lloyd would ask him on how she's doing and how's she fairing in Mizuho. Seems that she's taking his death pretty hard as well as Noishe is. And Zelos seems to be the one taking it harder than she did seeing that he has to be the one to deal in the final blow to both Lloyd and Caelestis with the newly aquired Eternal Sword. Who could blame the guy seeing that he believed that he killed the only person that believed that his life has meaning despite what others say otherwise?

All in all, I've got to say that this story is good in my book. I mean, especially with that cliffhanger ending that you've put up with both Kratos and Yuan finding something on Derris-Kharlan's beach that seemed to cause one of them to smile for real. I could only imagine what it could mean. I can't wait for the next story to be up, but I could wait as well. In any case, I'm sorry that I didn't review each chapter as you would hope, but I hope that this long review of your story would be enough to inspire you to go on with your next work. It's the least that I could do. Well, later and keep up the good work!

Maurice A. Nigma

The Great Blue One
Blackdemondragon chapter 23 . 1/30/2008
So sad, yet so good. I look forward to reading more of your work. I loved the piece and I am truly thankful to feel something close to closure as it ended. Thanks for the wonderful story.
fishy chapter 23 . 1/30/2008