Reviews for Butterfly
Vanessa Osbourne chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
"Back ye demons from hell! Back from the void from which you came. BACK! BACK!"

"Keep it down, were in a church."

I think that's how it goes. I have the movie, but I don't want to turn it on right now.

Nice job, you got the basics of Emily's character down. WELL DONE!
TheInvincibleKay chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
awsome story!
Eddy Fawkes chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
This is simply wonderful! Your writing style, the fabulous idea... Please keep writing! I can't wait to read more!
Id Pendemus chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
this is very good! you're a very good writer. i like it a lot. i hope you update it soon!
Abigail Fond chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
NO MAN! COME ON! IT WAS JUST GETTING GOOD! WAH! DON'T LEAVE US HANGING OUT HERE MAN GUY! IT WAS GETTING GOD...

update or I will destory you...with all the powers of...cantalope.
Una Morgan chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
This is pretty cool. Please continue!

Una
ILuvSnuffles805 chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
WHERE ARE THE UPDATES? I really like this so far!
AshenRoseShadow chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
I'm so sorry it took this long for me to review your story! Oh goodness, now I can't even remember if I told you that I changed my fan fiction name. Yugi's Light Keeps Me Pure. That’s who I used to be. Sorry, if I already told you and you are thinking, "This crazy person... doesn't remember anything." December is such a hectic month!

On with the review!

Ooh! Very suspenseful. What a wonderful story you've created. I loved the movie and I'm so glad you've written this. I can see everything happening in my head. Your detail was fabulous, as always. Just a few instances of this which stick out in my mind are:

"It fell around her in thick, velvety shades, swallowing everything in its path." (About darkness)

You always have such wonderful words for such a simple concept. Darkness, yet you changed it into something more. It was alive and thick and flowing around.

Personally, I love the dark, but everything you said about it made a slight chill run up my spine.

"Misshapen objects loomed at her through the shadows and the resounding silence seemed absolute."

I loved that line. It was so beautiful and astounding.

"But another voice cut it off, an icily firm voice, dripping with heavy disapproval."

Wow. I'm astounded if that word is even appropriate. Such marvelous detail for a voice. i heard in as I read the chapter. In fact, I read this line three or four times before I continued it was so good.

"Want to look like a newly dead corpse?"

In the middle of such suspense you added this witty line that made me laugh. I adore your imagination for such things.

"Yes, still very much readable."

I held my breath at this point. Something, I could tell, was coming.

"The words trailed away into a yawning nothingness, their existence frivolous and insignificant to the infamous “Corpse Bride.”"

Oh my goodness, this line is so good. It is my absolute favorite in the story. The words simply sing or flow or even dance when you read them. You've placed them in a pattern where they move so that they entranced the reader and left them speechless. And that line also holds so much significance in the story. That pulls out, if the reader didn't already know, Emily's deepest desire, to be alive.

"felt an uncontrollable ecstasy teeter excitingly on the edge of numbed bewilderment."

This line makes me feel like screaming, that’s how brilliant it is. No word in this sentence is ordinary or plain. They are all extraordinarily beautiful words that have added so much to the story.

"a naturally neurotic young man"

What an ingenious way to describe him. Exactly on target.

"It burned into the marrows of her bones, pieced her stilled heart with a torturous heat."

I squirmed in my chair, reaching for something to help poor Emily, and then realized it was a story. You're story is defiantly the best I've read from 'Corpse Bride'.

"Beat…beat…beat…beat… "

Ah! So intense! Please write more! You have a fabulous story here and I'm sure many of us will be anxiously awaiting your next chapter!
luthien-yavetil chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
:becomes a mad doctor: LIVE! LIVE! Nienna: Stop copying from Frankenstien! Me: Sorry! Please continue this story!
Angel chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
I liked it... Lol Yea I did watch the movie and I thought it was pretty good 'cept i didnt really like the ending...
Darth Soror chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
Oh my gosh! This is REALLY GOOD so far! You MUST keep going! I'm getting anxious already...even the wording grabs my interest and then that in with the story line! I just need the next chapter...NOW! And, yeah, when the movie comes out, I'll probably drive everyone insane with it...done it once already with the Nightmare Before Christmas and I pretty much memorized the whole movie by now...some how they found their sanity again though...so I'll just have to wait until January 31st (at the least) to make them lose it again!
Beejy chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
Wow. I don't know why you're apologizing for grammar, because this was brilliant. This is easily one of the most original and well-written Corpse Bride fics I've come across. Well done! The only beef I have is that the footnote is rather distracting (though a million times better than putting an author's note in the middle of a story. That drives me 'round the bend.)

More please! :)
Faerie in Combat Boots chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
This is wonderful! I want to read more!
Elwing-Evenstar chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
Wow, wow, wow! Awesome start! I want MORE!