Reviews for Ships in the Night
Gundam Kaiser chapter 7 . 11/3/2014
Dude... mind. Blown.

I haven't ever read a Keitaro/Tsuruko fic before this, but let me tell ya: I can't fathom anyone EVER being able to top this. You just... and it just... wow. Like, I can't even think properly, I'm just that awed.
banko54 chapter 7 . 8/15/2014
god damn it did you have to make me cry like a baby? that being said this was by far one of the best stories i have ever read. i thank you for making such a incredible story.
davidlmcreynoldsjr chapter 7 . 4/2/2014
I loved this story, a lot of times you see fanfic that has a great plot, but is horrendously written. You used adult words, and used them well
aznxa21 chapter 7 . 2/18/2014
Depressingly great story.
soulmaker chapter 3 . 10/19/2013
You know, i think this story is one of the best Love hina fic's i've ever read. I thank you eternally for it.
obsidian-fox chapter 7 . 7/19/2013
I enjoyed this story up to the epilogue. I think I would have favored a later encounter with Toshio, and a bit more drama after he initially returned.
Rexnos chapter 7 . 5/1/2013
Parts of it worked for me, others didn't. That said, I'm of the opinion it was the fandom you were working with that irked me and not your writing.

Keitaro was very whiny. I can understand feeling guilt and regret for his actions, but he made a solid attempt at destroying himself. If it didn't seem very in character given what you showed of him, I'd likely complain more. As it stands, I felt like you did him justice given his personality. The boy lacks self esteem so severely it hurts.

I liked the first chapter a great deal. Tsuruko and Keitaro really seemed to click in that scene. Tsuruko wanted nothing more than understanding and it was obvious Keitaro had it in spades. The frequent flashbacks Keitaro had really showed something more than a simple tryst between the two of them.

Later,
Rex
Okiro Zangetsu chapter 5 . 3/23/2013
This must be one of if not the best Keitaro/Tsuruko fic i have ever read. Thank you.
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 7 . 9/16/2012
You are amazing!
Darth nylon544 chapter 7 . 8/16/2012
I really felt for Toshio here. I know that some of the reviewers of this fic hate him cause of what he did to keitaro via the announcing the truth to everyone but those people are fools. Toshio is HUMAN, humans are fallible creatures, and thus felt pain and anguish that his wife and woman he loves was cheating on him. He let his emotions get the better of him to the point that he wanted to punish Keitaro and frankly that is a very human trait and something that has been happening since spouses, gf's, bf's have betrayed each other.

Toshio is not evil or a bad man. He's just a normal human unlike the idealized Keitaro.
mnementh2000 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Powerful story - both in the writing and the subject. Shows how much infidelity affects everyone around the involved parties, from close family to friends and neighbors. True, the story has a 'happy' ending, but the truth of the matter is that many friendships were destroyed (even if they were rebuilt eventually), a budding relationship fell apart, and a marriage was torn asunder (even if it was rocky to begin with). Even family members were torn apart over the act, though Tsuruko and Motoko finally made up years later.

As for the writing style and grammar, word usage, and such, you did a great job. You also did a great job in the story line and character development. Any cases of OOCness are easily explained by the circumstances that all involved have found themselves in. I cannot rightfully say that I ran into any glaring mistakes or plot holes, and that I feel that the reactions were correct for all. I will say that, even though the end is supposed to be that of loved ones following each other and continuing on together, I found it quite emotional and sad at the same time.

I certainly enjoyed reading the story, and will reread it again at a later date. Definitely a must read, as there are so few good Tsuruko fics out there that aren't the type of story line that you tried (and succeeded) to avoid.
Officer Hot-Pants chapter 7 . 6/7/2012
Not only did you make a Kei/Tsuruko fic (my favorite girl, after Motoko), and not only did you actually FINISH it (which has happened, what? Maybe THREE times in the past?), but you even managed to make it believable, engrossing, and at the end a tear-jerker. I thought the idea of pointing out that they were never married was a really nice touch, as was the "distrust of coffee-shops" joke. Using Motoko to end everything, though, was just plain inspired, and her parting line was pretty much perfect. All this and more adds up to a story that will actually stick with me for some time, unlike most.

You have my respect, to say the least. Hell, you may have even inspired me to actually write my own K/T fic, though no promises (just not as much fun as reading 'em).
chronodekar chapter 7 . 11/24/2011
Amazingly bitter-sweet!

Why do you call this "Drama" though? It *should* be classified under "angst", though, we do have a ... satisfactory, if not perfect ending. Then again, with infidelity as the running theme, I wonder, if other than in a fantasy, can we have a happy ending at all?

Very bitter-sweet, author, bitter-sweet.

The quality of this writing is very consistent and your beta-reader should be given praise for it!

While I liked how the story ended, I have to say, compared to the rest of the plot, it still feels half-ripped out of a fantasy.

I could go on and on about the problems of "avoid marriage", but I can't really provide an alternative either.

Happy that I got to read this story,

chronodekar
TMNTurtwig chapter 7 . 5/27/2011
I'm not too proud to say the end misted my eyes. I loved your story and although I was surprised you took it into the far future, I enjoyed it.
DanielRZ19 chapter 7 . 5/19/2011
amazing..., a truly breathtaking story, you have outdone yourself, man that story really got me thinking.. you know, I can offer you no more that my congratulations for such an amazing fic, Thank you for writting such a tremendously well done fan fic(best one ever done period).