Reviews for After The Storm
one who does not often review chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
I've read much of your other work but I rarely review (anyone not just you) and yes, I know that that makes me a horrible person.

I liked the concept behind this piece and I felt that how you had it all take place through Ginny's thoughts (with exception to the end of course) was a good choice. I liked quite a few aspects of this piece particullary her writing letters and then actually sending them. The bit about Hedwig was very well put and it definitely emphasized how Harry's death and her reaction to it isolated her which forshadowed the ending. I think you did an excellent job staying true to all of the characters.

One thing I would caution you on is cliches. I have seen some beautiful constructions in your writing so please don't get lazy and use cliches. The fairytale ending bit bothered my especially becuase it ruins the tragic mood you have just set by talking about how her dreams for the future will never be fulfilled.

One a more possitive note, I was impressed with the passage about Ginny trying to light her wand. The symbolism there is powerful. She gives up on the life which she cannot lead alone. "alone and remembering" I love your use of words. Of course if she's remembering she's not truly alone...or at least she isn't in her mind.

Sorry for writing so much. That's why I never review. I get carried away. If anything I said was not a correct interpretation of your writing I apoligize. I am only trying to portray what I percive of your writing. I hope this review helped. Keep up the good work and don't get lazy. You have potential.
xturkeyxsexygranneh chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
aw... it's good. short but it got the msg off quite well.
Mrs. Marauder chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
I almost cried. THat was really good. And really sad.
Limecat chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
blib. i just felt like saying that...

anyways... read this story again... coz i felt like it... so sad and i dunno... angsty lol :D

x Alex
The One Last Elf chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
Oh... very sad. Well written, and I especially like how you're not sure who it is at the beginning. But, oh dear, now I really have to read something fluffy!
Azhure chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
Wah! Why so sad? Can't say I'm a fan of HP/GW fics, but your writing is so... eloquent! It's a nice, quick read. Well done!

~Azhure Sunsoar
Sarah chapter 1 . 2/25/2006
This is so sweet, and so sad, and so good!
prettiermusings chapter 1 . 2/24/2006
Oh my goodness, this was so beautiful and tragic. I cried. A lot. I cry very easily, and I'm in a very emotional place right now anyway, so it was waterworks all over the place.

Very nicely written; while I hope this doesn't happen in the books, I still really enjoyed it. Thanks for a great read. This is going in favorites, definitely.
Someday Oneday chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
NO! HOW COULD YOU! Make me cry and DIE! It's v well written
Alex chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
ohmigod! did she kill herslef?

unexpected... well for me anyway...

interesting

so did harry have to kill himself and somebody else destroy voldemort (because a portion of his soul is lefr inside him... i think :S)?

Alex
Little Lilac Lady chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
So god! (tears flowing down face) sorry lost my calm there. Great story!
YoungWriter2005 chapter 1 . 1/11/2006
It's great!
SeussicalIsLove chapter 1 . 1/10/2006
how does she die? or is she just sleeping? this is amazing.
ionalama chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
ahh... Too sad major tear jerker.. major! Loved it any way

lotsa luv ionalama
anti-thule chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
That brought tears to my eyes. I don't get teary-eyed often.