Reviews for Someone Does Care
TuckingFypo chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Joker is my most favorite character in FoR, I also like Neon, slightly. I really enjoyed the fic, not only you portrayed their characters great, there was also no character that got OOC. (In my opinion. :P)

I hope you would write more Jyuushinshuu fics, you're a great author. _
Grey Wolf4 chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
I'm a Kurei/Neon advocate and they are both among my favourite characters in Flame of Recca both in the manga and the Anime. This was a very touching story and you've depicted everyone to an absolute fine art! Truly amazing how you had Neon explain her motives for telling Recca, part of me said on the matter of Neon's punishment that it was something Kurei regretted later and it was an act I would say he probably regretted later. Though you may or may not agree with me and I know there maybe someone who reads this review that disagrees with me.

Nevertheless this is a great story and very well characterised with some memorable lines.
Amanio chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
AW... I love it! That was so CUTE and awesome! Yeah, I like Neon ALOT. She's really nice when you get to knoew her, and man, JOKER IS SO SLY AND COOL! Anyway, please write another one-shot on this! And do you like Recca and Yanagi together? If you do, could you write a one-shot on them? ARIGATO!
Amethyst chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
Wow...now I can't get the grin off of my face.

That was amusing and heart-felt at the same time. Wonderful. I don't know what other people thought of your version of Joker, but I loved him. Neon was just as wonderful. The fact that you showed more than one side of both characters was what intrigued me. The way you italicized words only added to the story.

These were my favorite sentences:

It seemed like the ‘shielding things from view’ effect was something that the dark-haired man really liked.

“What did you do now?” he asked, the teasing note entering his voice again. “Did you destroy the kitchen in an attempt to – ”

“J-Joker…” mumbled Neon, as Joker reached out and turned her around fully, before pulling her gently towards him.

As Neon watched her dark-haired companion, she couldn’t help but smile. Joker noticed this and looked curiously at her. “…Joker, I…just want to say – ”

“What!” exclaimed Neon, looking up at him as he winked at her.

A few swear-words, loud noises and a yelp later, Neon gave the pile on the floor that was Joker a last smoldering glare before walking towards Raiha, who had turned from being amused to looking worried, once he caught sight of Neon’s injuries.

“True…” said Aki, and, with a last look inside the room, the two girls walked off, not seeing Joker stand up and dust his clothes…and not seeing the small smile that stayed on his face for a second, before being replaced by his trademark fanged grin.

I know those were quite a lot, but I felt like listing them anyway.

Even if Joker wasn't able to cheer Neon up the old fashioned way (which means by teasing her) he was able to adjust to the new situation quickly. It seems a comforting gesture, such as a hug, can really help more than words. What impressed me is that Joker pulled her "gently" towards him. It's nice to know that even a tall and strong man like Joker, who can also be loud and aggravating at times, can be kind and tender.

It also made me happy that, after Neon confessed the reasons why she told Recca about Kurei and Kurenai, Joker understood her reasons and didn't blame her.

The inclusion of Miki and Aki was also a nice touch. My assumption would be that they didn't know of Neon's situation, or they would have been there to help her. Neon probably didn't want to worry her sisters, at least for as long as possible, since they would have found out eventually.

I enjoyed that the end ended on a light note. The fact that he was beaten up by Neon didn't seem to phase Joker one bit, knowing that he had successfully made Neon feel better and put the fire back into her personality.

And in conclusion, more Jyushinshuu stories would also be gladly welcome, to put it in words similar to yours.
Cagalli Yula Athha Fangirl chapter 1 . 12/10/2005