Reviews for Gales
math music reading chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
I love it! Your idea is brilliantly original. I got who was saying what when you had Numair call Daine "sweet" but reading line by line was still a little bit confusing. Your finally using names at the ends was gratifying since I knew I'd gotten the speaker's write and you kept Daine and Numair very in character. It was a bit difficult to tell when the talk about choice and decisions was about having a child or marriage but that just made it more complex and added another facet to the conversation. I think having to discern the speakers' identities really gave this more meaning and makes one study them more closely. I love when characters are analyzed since it makes them more realistic. I don't think I can express my admiration with the right words but this was seriously awesome. All the nuances of the conversation and how things could be taken, this is a situation in which I can appreciate vagueness. I'm going to stop now since everything might not be coming out right and this has been a long review. I hope you write more DN!
athemyst chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
A little confusing at first, but once you get it, VERY worthwhile!
SasukeBlade chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
I always like these sort of dialogue only pieces. I liked the two different sides - in one case Daine isn't ready for a child and the other Numair isn't- yet each part almost reflects the other. Nice one.
VanillaHoney chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
Do we find out what this is about? o.o
Hedgewitchery chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
So many possibilities! Brilliant.
Yabberli chapter 1 . 1/17/2006
Daine's pregnant, right? very good, but very confusing...
Pandora of Ithilien chapter 1 . 12/15/2005
i don't exactly get this... but it was pretty good.
Numair's Lover chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
this kind of style is very original, but i have to say its really hard to follow... i had to keep going back to see if i was reading the right part for the right person... please when you update at least every now and then say who was saying what, or else this will be an extremely confusing fic
Insomniac-Reader chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
Its very poetic, trying to discern who is saying what is probably all part of it. I like it, but I would have labelled it as a poem (unless I truly am that dense). Its good.
StAnDiNgContrapposto chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
im not sure i like this style of not state which character is saying what, it's so confusing, sorry but i just lot interest after the first scenario, while i was reading i just had to keep going, ok, that's daine, that's' numair, oh wait, did i make a mistake?
bojanglesbiscuit chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
i loved this! they're not happy about getting pregnant right? even if i am stupid and completely missed the meaning, i really enjoy seeing Daine and Numair in a good fight.
Anaroriel chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
Good dialogue! I liked it. It would help if you posted at least one "Daine said," or something, because it's very hard to tell who's talking, and even giving it away at the end is still confusing to count backwards and read which one is which. Let me guess, it's like "Hills like White Elephants." Have you read that short story? They talk the entire time but never say exactly what the subject is. Daine's pregnant, or did I miss the point completely? Very fun to read! Keep writing.
maliaphire chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
I don't really understand, a bit hard to follow, you might want to try a bit more description.