Reviews for Neon Genesis Evangelion Deviance
G-Matt chapter 13 . 7/26
You did a great job in this re-telling of the story from episode 15 till the end!
John Spangler chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
Evangelion with an happy ending? Well, that's odd, but very well balanced with the tragic moments. I've really loved this story.
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 7 . 3/15/2014
I had neglected to mention that chapter 2, its earlier, unseen lemon scenes, and this chapter are my favorites because of how Asuka and Shinji get along and learn to accept each other for who they are.
Alfa Mohammed chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
I'm tempted to say; I quite like this...
Ads.A1 chapter 13 . 9/18/2013
Great story. I loved every bit of it and the end made me happy too. Better than the EoE finish.
SaltyJak chapter 13 . 8/23/2013
I just read all of this in pretty much one sitting and feel I can safely say that you are a great writer in really every aspect that I personally count towards someone being a great writer as there were no issues I found that truly bothered me enough to not want to read this. This had plenty of things in it that I really search for when I want to read a fanfiction (romance, angst, keeping true to the characters, happy ending) I could go on but I think you get the idea, fantastic writing, great story thanks for the upload.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 13 . 5/2/2013
nice
Velorafe chapter 13 . 4/27/2013
Thank you! This story was absolutely brilliant. It was very moving and beautiful to see how the characters confronted their troubles. Magnificent.
Guest chapter 6 . 4/19/2013
This is absolutely brilliant! I am amazed at how compelling this story is. What a good work. Thank you.
Velorafe chapter 2 . 4/18/2013
This story is going very well. Thank you. I am enjoying it very much. I shall continue.
Ranma-sensei chapter 13 . 1/23/2013
I don't care that it's WAFFy - I LOVE IT!

Yeah, okay, it's a little far-fetched for Asuka to acknowledge her feelings because of one single instance of Shinji acting confident, but hey! Even letting her take her time in admitting she loves him, I would still feel sorry for the poor bugger that threatens HER Shinji once she does.

On another note, and concerning the Rebuild movies: have you ever looked back on this story and imagined Asuka scream "SHINJI WO KAEZE!" after the Zeruel-event? All that anguish in her cry... *shudder*

Ja ne,
Ran
RagnartheSemiGreen chapter 13 . 12/18/2012
Just finished reading this story for the first time, and I want to thank you for writing it, and for making it available to me. I watched EoE for the first time two years ago, right after finishing Evangelion, the very first anime I had ever truly gotten into. I watched it all the way through, and than I watched the End of Evangelion... and was utterly crushed. I sank into a deep depression that had been coming for some time, but was certainly exacerbated by the End of Evangelion. I love Eva with a passion, and adore all the characters (except for Ritsuko, that bitch), and I drew inspiration from how, no matter how hard they fell, they always rose again, until that ambiguous ending on the beach. I always wanted Eva to work out like how Deviance worked, with the beach not being the end, only another beginning. Thank you for making it so.

-Alexei
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 2 . 7/2/2011
I have enjoyed reading this story immensely, but I must ask you of a serious favor: Please, put the chapter with the huge lemon scenes into the site. It sucks that I can't find it elsewhere except in memories. It's also good to look at. Peace out!
Aiur chapter 13 . 1/9/2011
A (very) late review for the entire story. I'm very glad I found this gem, even if it is almost 8 years old!

My favorite thing about this (and many more of your stories) is the consistent characterization. Asuka's is the only one that deviates drastically from canon, and it is necessary for the plot and handled believably once established. The first chapter was the only one I didn't find believable, simply because I couldn't see Asuka going that far that quickly with Shinji, or at least accepting that she even liked him that quickly. Shinji's outburst, while unexpected and not quite what Canon!Shinji would do, was portrayed believably.

The ending was a great re-imagining of instrumentality and the after-the-end scene, and provided a much more satisfying feeling than End of Evangelion, so I think that goal is pretty much accomplished.

With this story's excellent pacing and characterization, the inclusion of WAFF-y moments while maintaining dramatic tension, and a satisfying ending it's easy to say that this is my favorite piece of NGE fanfiction.
The Azbug is Here chapter 13 . 11/22/2009
Brilliant, as always. Nothing further I could say that hasn't already been said.