Reviews for Changes and picking up the pieces
Un83ata813 chapter 13 . 7/31/2014
I WANT IT!
studyofchaos chapter 13 . 1/27/2014
Type your review for this chapter here...
Guest chapter 13 . 11/30/2013
I liked it. Normally I don't like original characters but man did I like Joan. ALOT it's kind of disappointing that Ron chose Kim but ill allow it. Thanks for the great read!
Guest chapter 13 . 12/1/2012
Love the storyline and joan, really sweet gal, hope to hear from her again in the sequel.
roc da mic chapter 7 . 11/23/2008
frankly i hate ron and kim fics. i like seeing him with joan.
Slade8833 chapter 13 . 7/30/2008
ok .. i liked this story alot read it over the corse of 3 days loved almost everything about it... except the end... Come on .. i really hope you do write the next part you mentioned

seems like it was just taked on at the last second.. as i said before loved the story but i hated that last chapter

i tryed to avoid mentioning what happend so anyone just reading this dosent get a spoiler .. dont know if any other reviews did that so it might of been pointless.
Solarstone chapter 13 . 12/31/2007
First off, I'm a major KR fan. Sure I read other pairings (Kim/female pairings excluded XD) but at heart I'm a KR fan. Having said that, this last chapter made me feel all cold and hollow inside. Ron going 'Spider-Man' on Joan notwithstanding, why did he do it? We don't know what went on inside his head during his little speech and there is no evidence pointing towards his preference of KP over Joan. Sure, there have been moments in the story where Ron could have come to the conclusion that he likes Kim more than Joan, but he didn't make use of the opportunities given. Hell, during his training in Yamanouichi, the thought that brought him complete bliss was Joan, not Kim. Ron's reasons behind his decision seem lacking, or not explained properly.

And then comes Joan. How could she just let him walk away without putting up a fight if she loves him so much? Even if she's a bit shy, it seemed out of character. What you wrote near the end of ch7 was so true, and its been consistent throughout this fic. As big a KR fan I am, Joan and Ron deserved their happily ever after. She's alwyas treated Ron without an air of condescension, which KP does a lot of. My only hope now is that you write the sequel- pretty please :) -and have Ron realize what a big mistake he's made. If not, then thank you for this amazing fic. The best OC romance story I've ever read, and I kid you not!
bigherb81 chapter 13 . 7/5/2007
Man I cannot believe it I am at a complete and total loss for words. The way you ended this thing I mean man lets just say I didn't see it coming. I really hope you do the sequel and splain some things. I am not saying the my whole thoughts so I don't blow the ending but man.
goryujin chapter 13 . 4/7/2007
great story. i will added to fav.
CastaS chapter 13 . 10/14/2006
great story, i enjoyed it much.

just saw, that you will write "The Pieces that Remain". i'm looking forward to it.
Quis Custodiet chapter 13 . 10/6/2006
You had me right up until the end, then lost me.

I really didn't like the way that Ron dumped Joan and picked Kim. First of all it seemed VERY out of character for Ron, the thing about Ron is that he totally is the nicest guy ever so it's almost unfathomable that he would ever do something like that.

Also like Kim wasn't a terribly sympathetic character in this story and it's not because I am some Kim hater or something (I love K/R stories tons actually) - its just because the way you wrote her didn't make her come across as more deserving of Rons affections than Joan. In fact she comes off narcistic, jealous, mean spirited and selfish.

Personally if it was me, I'd re-write the last chapter here so that KP and RS patch up their friendship and maybe in a way where Kim is the one that pushes Ron to follow his heart to Joan instead of his loyalty to Kim.

I think that would be a happy ending with a sense of poignancy. I can't stress this enough, I really felt like Joan got a raw deal and Ron and Kim were jerks at the end of reading this fiction - and the wierd thing was it happened all in the last chapter.
RI100014 chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
AWESOME JOB! Thats all i can say after reading your entire story. My only piff is the ending. Its so sudden and sad that Ron breaks up with Joan. I understand the logic. Kim and Ron have always been there for each other, and just the thought of each other supports them through life's curveballs. But Joan really did treat Ron like a partner, a lover and a friend. Kim can get so wrapped in herself that she sometimes loses sight of other people's feelings, Ron really helps keep her from embarrasing herself. Oh well.

PS As far as the sequal, hell ya i'd like you to make one! But i think you've moved on. At least you shared this excellent piece, and for that I and alot of KP FF readers thank you...Till next time, adios.
RI100014 chapter 4 . 9/6/2006
Aw the Ron-man's in puppy love! So cute! So what gonna make them break up? After all you've said Kim's coming to realize her feelings for Ron. And obviously Joan isn't a Synthodrone. You really got their disney personas right on. I could see this actually being quite a good disney movie. There's that innocent pre-teen love angle you've got working so well. Also your dialogue is spot on, actually makes me wonder if you write for a living...;) Thanks for sharing. Though i prefer angst/drama, a little innocent puppy love story is a nice reprive from hate and dispair. Keep up the good work. Till next time...adios.
LycoX chapter 13 . 4/14/2006
Dude I so think you should post it. And man, I was hopin' he'd stay with Joan.. Hell I feel that in this au, they are meant for one another.
Evolved chapter 13 . 1/22/2006
As much as I love this story I feel that Joan got a very VERY raw deal. To me it seems that Ron simply "changed his mind" which is completely unfair on her. Anyway I would like to see a sequal.