Reviews for The Land of Voices
Kyasarin-Maarukeehii1 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Is it weird that this made me cry? If only to meet Aslan, what a comfort! Oh, I want to hug Luna. Don't worry love, your Mum is alright now. It's okay Susan, they're safe ;-;

This was absolutely beautiful.
awaylaughing chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Brilliant, simply brilliant. Someone mentioned this as how a crossover SHOULD be done, and they were correct!

Seeing a look at the death of Mrs. Lovegood from Luna's eyes is always interesting, but seeing it done well, that's a treat. And poor Susan, trying one last time... funny, that she technically could have gotten what she wanted she just went to the wrong Lovegood.
madbrad chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
Wow. I know very little about Narnia - just the movie and the enthusiastic asides of a fan or two on a Harry Potter bulletin board - but still enough to feel the 'impact' of this short story. I think it's the sheer power/cleverness of your basic premise - Susan trying to find a way back to Narnia via HP magic - which is what hits the hardest.

But then you couple it with the death of Luna's mother, seen through poor Luna's eyes ... :-(. We all have a soft spot for Luna, I think.

A great and powerful little story, thank you!
Heart and Sol 1242 chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
it's rare to make me cry. bravo.
Becca chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
This was simply touching! I don't really know Narnia, but I know a bit about each of the Pevensie children and Luna reminds me so much of Lucy!

I sure do hope Luna got the chance to tell Susan about seeing Aslan and hearing the dead.
Elfanyan chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
Sad and sweet like the cake a funeral, lovely but so sad.
cosmic-cube-keeper chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Like others who have posted reviews to this fic, I am most impressed. Thanks for sharing.
purple kimono chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
*Staring at screen in shock, mouth hanging open*

Impossibly beautiful and profound. Perfectly written.

I have already liked Luna whan I first encountered her in the books even if I didn't really know her personality. Her strong faith in something that others don't believe in inspires me sometimes. I'm absolutely speechless about this fic.
Glor chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Very good. There are too few reviews here for such a complex story.

This crossover is a perfect explanation of Luna's connection to Afterlife. Her faith had more than once reminded me of Lucy, actually. Hopefully she'd get to tell Susan what she had seen...

Thank you for taking time to write this!
DarKazeura chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
This is a very powerful work of art. This story is something that will stick with me for a long time. You certainly have an amazing way with words.
Califaction chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
Oh, heartbreak! Poor Susan...you have chosen just the right Hp character to share the Narnia universe, and your depiction of Luna-with the blue plates and sweets and wanting to find the truth-is perfect. And oh, Aslan, and oh, Luna's mother! I have a feeling that this story will stick with me for a long time. Your imagery and Luna's voice are captivating. My favorite lines: "But she didn't, because Mummy blew up her workroom and all the stories in one big bang. An ending." Thanks for writing and posting!
IllyriaGodKing chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
That was very lovely. Very well done, good job. Truly a wonderful story.
xSlytherclaWx chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
I read this sotry when you first published it, and my computer wouldn't let me review. I saw the (narnia) movie a few days later, and then I read all the books (I had already read HP1-6). this is a perfect reasoning of what could have happened. I loved this story very much!

Pippa
Dafydd ap Thomas chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
"She has gone to a better place," he said gently, and Luna believed him because he would never lie to her.

Very sweet and comforting,but I don't see the need for Aslan to be the one who says it.
TheKitsuneKage chapter 1 . 6/12/2006