Reviews for Walk Through the Valley
empressofmelnibone chapter 1 . 2/10
This is the most Amazing fanfic Ever! The descriptions, the characters, the world building. The world building especially is awe inducing. I love what you did with Kenshin and how you actually made his parents a central factor in the events that shape his life. (Way to many fanfics ignore his life before Hiko)

Hiko was kept perfectly in character without being overly obnoxious. Okiku has officially become my favorite OC in all of fanfiction. Just bless you for writing this.

Their is only one big glaring problem with this story. WHY why why, did you end it on a cliffhanger?! Just why? It's sweet, and heartfelt, and amazing, and yet it just stops. This story deserves a proper conclusion.
StrungOutOnLife chapter 1 . 1/31
If Hiko's face was so famous, how would blue eyes not have set off alarm bells? Did he plan on wearing sunglasses whenever his employers were around? What about contacts?

How did he think he'd never have his hands x-rayed?
Princess613 chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Is there a follow up to this?
kalmaegi chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
Of course I should have known. Of course. Who else would be crazy enough to dump an information overload and shocking world building on the readers? Vathara, that's who. I feel so stupid. If not the plot, the writing style should have been a give away. But I was too used to fantastic supernatural genius dished out on a day to day basis here in the RK fandom to really realize anything other than 'fuck that's TMI what what wait let me digest that'. Also kiryuu. Ryuu. A dragon. Vathara loves dragons. Especially dragon!Kenshin. Even if this is more of Star Wars/Dark Angel mashup and a lot of things I probably didn't know.
TOSoldtimer chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
Fantastic FIC! This is one of the best Rurouni Kenshin AUs ever. Top 10 for sure. And it is the best Hiko tale I've ever read. Masterful sci/fi also. I know it's been a long time, but I hope you consider as sequel to this superb story some time. I want to know what happens to Kenshin. Thanks for a wonderful read.
Kisuminight chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
It's nice to see something from Hiko's perception of the world. This was the first piece I read that actually does so, and is still first (among the few I've managed to find) that actually does it well.
So is the mess Hiko's going to go sort out basically the Bakumatsu-except, of course, that Kenshin isn't fighting willingly and Hiko actually cares enough to go after him?
(Not that I didn't think that...right, save the character interpretation in the original manga for English Class.)
GoldGreen chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
I read this and fell in love. This piece, together with Blades of Blood and Witchy Woman, were what caused me to fall in love with the RK fandom, and now the manga. The blend of sci-fi and swordfights is just...perfect. I did find keeping the identities of the different planets and cultural groups straight to be a little difficult on the first few readthroughs, but Walk Through the Valley is so good that I want to read it again and again, just to get all of the little nuances and details straight.
On that note, please, please, please write more for this AU. Please. You left us with this horrible cliffhanger, and I desperately want to know how the conflict of the Bakumatsu is being interpreted here.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Conflicting loyalties are a b*tch. Hiko is scary.
StackerWlf chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Will this universe be continued later like your Clean and White AU or the Tatterdemalion AU? I love all of your stories for the incredible work you do in blending or even completely altering shows to fit in your crossovers. The only real comment I would like to make is that many of your crossovers are not labeled as crossovers and in so doing makes them harder to find after their initial posting unless someone knows your author name or exactly what they are looking for.
HyperionTheWatcher chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Amazing story and setting. I wish you had continued this, Hiko was great in it.
librarycat9 chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Is there more of this? I really want to know what happens... I have no doubt that he will find Kenshin, but I want to know how and when and if he ever gets a wife/mate... :D
ilyena damodred chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
How on earth can this story be classified as complete?
Bibliotecaria.D chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
I like Hiko to begin with, but this is an alternate universe writing that's utterly brilliant in its original conversion from centuries-old Japanese swordsman's tale to science fiction future. It's a great conversion of the early storyline of the rurouni's tale. The searching feeling it left, like he's about to embark on a quest while we already had the vague idea of what Kenshin's going through from what we know from the regular story...I'm glad you didn't continue, but sad all the same.
EygptianFireFly chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
did you leave this open ended in hopes of a sequal you haven't gotten out?
Magdalen Beller chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Wonderful story. I like it was tlod from Hiko point of view. Do ypu plan on makeing sequel?