Reviews for Who Are You?
Guest chapter 3 . 4/20/2013
It is amazingly breathtaking,simply wonderful and like the other people who read this and commented I loved it.
What really captured me was the part when you wrote this..

"Did he truly love you?

Yes, that much we are sure of.

No matter what monster he may have been, the blackest heart is still a heart."

It touched me so much I don't know why. It guess this just really proves how much an incredible writer you are and how magnificent your poem is.
vds3000 chapter 3 . 2/13/2012
This was really quite beautiful.
Loverofgoodstories27 chapter 3 . 8/7/2010
really good!
Gaaah chapter 3 . 7/26/2009
I am speechless. I am stunned. I am shocked.

Everything we know about the family, eveything we love about them - all in one fic. And it's perfect!

In short, you said it all. Bravo!
Larisa chapter 3 . 3/31/2009
Brilliant! I'm touched

stormsandsins chapter 3 . 12/30/2008
I find your character analyses fascinating. They delve deeper than some of us even thought to observe. Or rather, we probably did, but unconsciously, and you bring them to light. That's absolutely beautiful.

I'll admit, I do have a soft spot for Warren, but beyond the whole "Steven's hott" thing (which he is, but we won't go there ;P), I could actually think. And the duality of his character is what attracted me to him in the first place. I've always loved (male) characters whose past has traumatised or simply wounded them so far that they've become almost savage to protect themselves, and he called to me with his first indirect exposition (i.e. “His mother was a hero…his father was a villain.”). As you say, "Did you know the truth about him, but still love him anyway? Of course you did. You still defend his name." In other words, there is no black or white. There's always just grey, but with different variants. And that's what intrigued me about Warren. And Barron. No one's just evil. There had to be a reason for Warren's father to turn. There has to be a reason for Warren to defend his father's name, even as bitter as he is.

Yes, Warren stole my heart with his plight. And I love the way you've written this three-shot piece, almost as if you're channeling the voice of every reader who had wondered these very questions and come to these conclusions, as I said, mostly unconsciously.

Beautiful.
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 3 . 3/2/2008
:) Love it!
Tikkt chapter 3 . 12/5/2007
I love that it's in the "viwers" POV, how we see them. Loved it.
Pointed Teeth chapter 3 . 5/12/2006
Lovely. A really wonderful piece of work. You've analyzed all three characters very well considering the limited information there is to work with. And I think you asked every question we all wanted to know… well, every question _I_ wanted to ask anyway *laughs*

There's a poignancy to this that's quite touching, and the repetition provides a nice thread that ties it all together. Each chapter is well done, and unique in its own way. The last lines are just _powerful_ and a little humbling. I particularly liked the chapter on Warren's father, you didn't immediately condemn him nor assume that he was innocent, there's a neutral wondering quality that makes it a very pleasant read. I loved the comparisons to past villains and the thoughts about phoenixes.

The chapter on Mother Peace was superb; I particularly liked the lines:

"Did you give him his power of fire?

Did you give him his great strength and durability?

We know you gave him his heart."

There’s a great feeling of warmth and understanding in that chapter. Especially for this line:

“You are the mother of our hero.

And we shall always love you for it.”

*shudders* powerful stuff.

In Warren's chapter I loved the small quotes you use (and so few there are!) to help establish how he feels about his family. And the point about Layla was a very good one, I think you pulled the romantic angle off nicely without skewing your fic around it – which makes a rather nice change. I think you've interpreted Warren very well.

And I rather like that it's left ambiguous who the 'we' is.

Again, a lovely piece, it's going straight on my faves list. _
hottchic chapter 3 . 4/18/2006
*sniff sniff* oh it was beautiful!
Wren chapter 3 . 3/22/2006
-sobs softly- God, i loved this.

You're amazing.

Keep writing!
SlyphOriginseeker chapter 3 . 12/22/2005
It is very beautiful I mean it has touch my black heart and trust me that is hard to do to some one of my emotional statues(dark and uncaring of others feelings)so I congrattulaye you on a well written master piece
Riderazzo chapter 3 . 12/21/2005
This story is now on my favorite Stories list! I LOVED IT! I hope they answer some of these questions about Warren's family in the sequel too!:) Alot of people think Barron Battle will have a big part in the next movie! I SUR HOPE SO! Keep writing more stories! I love your WarrenLayla stories and just Warren stories! Keep up the good work!
Seree chapter 3 . 12/14/2005
damn, this needs more reviews. it gave me chills, reading the last chapter. i've always loved the character of warren peace, and i think you've captured it beautifully. gorgeously written, more like a poem than a story.

so i guess you could say I love it.
Red Rabbits chapter 3 . 12/13/2005
Mm...I love all of your Sky High fics, and this one is no different.

I like it, brodier (?) and a bit more moody. Keep it up!