Reviews for Ceremony Of Innocence
heyarnoldfangirl chapter 5 . 4/20/2015
This one is just pure gold! Loved it!
nonombre chapter 5 . 10/1/2008
You've done it once again, fabulous read X) I'm happy with how things turned out in the end. Btw, you can totally ignore the review I left on the other story, I had no idea the christmas one you wanted to write was already out :P!
Pyrex Shards chapter 5 . 6/20/2008
I stayed up too late reading this fic and I'm paying for it now. I had to drink a Monster Energy just to wake up this morning (I swore I'd quit those things). I just thought I'd leave a review and let you know you screwed up my entire morning routine and that I hope you're happy with yourself! Once again your portrayal of the dynamic between Helga and Arnold really shines. The ending is memorable, I'd go further in that thought process but I don't want to spoil it for other people who have not read the story. It's nice to see Phoebe and Gerald really into a relationship now, even though they are not the center of your story. Oh, and your use of Lila in this story was just ever so creative. :) TTFN!
CleverCover chapter 5 . 3/29/2006
I loved this story. It was perfect, especialy the last chapter. FAVS!
the amazing finn chapter 5 . 1/25/2006
Hey, I just wanted to pop in and say hello! Sorry I've disappeared for a while. Besides the usual insanity surrounding the holidays, my friend's dad was very ill & passed away recently and I have a ton of new responsibilities at my job that are great opportunities but are also very time consuming & stressful. Anyway, that's my excuse for not having read this story yet! I'm up entirely too late and thought I'd see if you'd updated IG (always easier to squeeze in a chapter than absorb a whole new story after all); I hope you are well and when life calms down a bit I will definitely give this one a read & review!
Destini Jensen Venturi chapter 5 . 1/10/2006
Wonderfully done! A very excellent way to conclude TSH. (I think I need to go back and re-read TSH...).

Oh, and thanks for the encouragement to write that holiday song-fic. I definately will set aside some time between writing on my Parody Series and working on my websites to write that one now.
Roxynomekop chapter 5 . 1/9/2006
Oh gosh has this been a wonderful journey or what? Gosh I loved it. It was one of the most unique endings I have ever read. I think the whole story is amazing up to this point. It was worth the wait.

I cannot even begin to describe it. You pulled me away from the physical gain and fed me the much more wholesome gain of their relationship. I think many of us have been stuck on the idea of Arnold and Helga being together but this story really brings them to being connected by their souls.

I thought it was so cute how Helga had to bring up Arnold's head to kiss him. Such an awkward but memorable moment. My only concern is that the boy will grow at some point in time...Haha.

Loved the whole "everyone knew already" scene. Never saw that coming at all. It was hilarious how you turned such an emotional scene into the usual down to earth atmosphere of P.S. 118.

I only hope that the reviews that you have received have helped you through this journey and also brought joy to your heart. Here I go sounding cheesy again, but like I say, I mean every word. Hopefully my reviews have been a decent reward for your hard work. Expect to keep seing my reviews in the future.

Gosh, there are a million other things I would love to say but I am afraid I would just be blabbering. Thank you for writing The Sweet Hereafter which began my love affair with this series. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to bring joy and smiles to your readers faces. Gosh, I love you! Not to sound weird or anything... Thank you again, your work will be everlasting. Excuse me while I go read The Sweet Hereafter again...

Love and gratitude,

Roxanna Magallanes
weartheseshorts chapter 5 . 1/9/2006
You do not KNOW how much I love you. I mean, seriously. Even if you put me in a Relient K funk (after I just got over my last one!), I still don't care. Speaking of songs, you know what else is weird? I had the Temptations stuck in my head today.

ANYWAY. Obviously, I loved this chapter/story not only because of the songs, but man, you sure have talent. One heckuva talent that shows up in your work. Your ability to seem like you really are the characters is amazing.

Urgh, I gotta go now. I would have made this review MUCH longer, but seeing as I can't, I'll have to cut it short. Anyway, awesome, awesome story. I love it. Great job.

thats me

ahhelga

aka Pauline

PS, hopefully, I'll be able to catch you on AIM sometime soon.
Laurel chapter 5 . 1/9/2006
I swear, if I could find you, I would kiss you right now.

That had to be the perfect ending to a incredible story and an even more incredible series. Don't get me wrong, I love IG also, but this...*looks at chapter and sighes dreamily* this is perfect. This is going to keep the huge smile I currently have on my face for the rest of the day. You've brightened up my Monday.

The scene with the girls in the playground had me grinning from ear to ear in my work library. The fact that the girls knew and the boys were clueless...I loved it!

And next Monday signals the next chapter of IG. You're starting to give me a reason to look forward to Mondays, I don't know what I'm goign to do when this finishes.

As always, I await the next week and as always I remain,

Your loyal lackey,

Laurel
The J.A.M. a.k.a. Numbuh i chapter 5 . 1/9/2006
[...unWARP!]

Good evening.

Maybe José should win best reviewer next year...;)

It's very few times when a story is so complete and so excellent that I simply have nothing to say or add or correct.

And this, my friend, is one of them. I simply don't know what to say except that you pulled it off like no one could, everything was perfect, simply perfect.

Well, maybe Arnold should have used some karate on Wolfgang, but even that scene was perfect just like it was.

Thank you so much for this wonderful tale, and see you on AIM!

¡Zacatepóngolas!

Until next time, remember:

I

AM

THE

J.A.M. (a.k.a. Numbuh i: "Just because I'm imaginary doesn't mean I don't exist")

Good evening.

[WARP!]
Readrbug21 chapter 5 . 1/9/2006
Awesome last chapter! I always feel like the first and the last chapters are the hardest to write because, well, just because. But you, my friend, did an awesome job on this conclusion.

I really liked Helga and Phoebe's conversation. Not sure what my favorite parts were, I just liked it in general. And it was hilariously funny when they were talking about Gerald.

I must say, I enjoyed Phoebe's plan. And-oh!-he's found his ohsospecial someone! YAY! And it's Helga! Go Helga! lol. And Curly was just an awesome touch to this scene. But wow...Helga can be a little cruel, can't she? And she SLAPPED him? Gosh, that's like, well, woah. lol. AND THEY KISSED! AH! This could not get any better! But then it does! Aw! and the show of hands thing was perfect. I don't get the metaphor (I think it's a metaphor; I don't know) that they're windshield wipers. Yeah, it's kind of obvious that she likes him. Of course, this comes from someone who watches the show and sees all of her little romantic moment things.

And that innuendo at the end was like, icing on the cake or something. And it's so cute the way he sneezed at the end! Don't ask why; I don't know. It just was, lol.

Liked the song. I actually knew it! I was singing along as I read. And it's nice that their relationship is out in the open now. Well, as out in the open as it can be. And the bully scene was just fantastic. There are no other words to desribe it-just simply fantastic. And funny to boot! Oh, and once again your lyrics go with the passage. How awesome can you get? And to think-all of this story has transpired over just a few days. Wow.

I also like the ending, um, thing. Very nice. But I'm just 'ever-so-sad' that it's over! And just when I was getting back into the swing of this story too. Oh well-I have next Monday to look forward to. A new chapter on IG-wonderful.

So, this is really the last tale of The Sweet Hereafter? How sad. It was a great series, and extremely well written. Kudos on such an awesome job!

Yeah, I noticed that FFN kind of garbled up my review. What really sucks is I can't remember what I wrote, although it was probably something along the lines of, "I love your work!". lol. Oh, and thanks for explaing to me about the romance thing. I get it now! lol, what girl doesn't want that?

Reading this has made me feel loads better. I've had...something...for like, three months, and only Saturday and Sunday has it developed into something little more than utterly annoying and slightly distracting, but not enough (Heaven forbid) to keep me out of school. However, all that transformed into a marvelous case of the 24-hour Sick Stomach Virus, so here I am, reviewing and enjoying your marvelous story instead of stabbing myself with my pencil, trying to maintain conciousness during Econ./Gov., which is actually Geography. Go figure.

Hasta lunes,

Samantha

PS-What's your IM again? I'm terribly forgetful.
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 5 . 1/9/2006
Wonderful ending! All the scenes are wonderful. Arnold's trial was the best, however; Helga really makes a great job on that one, and finally gets her boy, even making Lila feeling fine in the process.

Keep the good writing.
Readrbug21 chapter 4 . 1/7/2006
Oh. My. Gosh. Wow...just, wow. This was a very surprising chapter. Wow.

Very, very long paragraph. But I loved everything you covered in it; especially the parts about Arnold's reasoning and logic. You also painted a very nice picture of Helga, and I like to think about her that way. As a butterfly, awaiting the fateful day to f21 Arnold's lucky Helga didn't tear him limb from limb. But he makes up for the betrayal and hurt by hanging up on Lila and trying to convince Helga that he wants to be with her.

I can't wait to see where this all heads. That should prove to be extremely entertaining. There is another chapter, right? RIGHT? Oh I hope so...

%rk with it on there.

I liked the lyric insert thing from Ivy. Cool words. And the beginning of the bedroom scene with Helga, Arnold, and Gerald was hilarious. I loved it. So much sweetness! He missed her! He really missed her! Although, I don't understand the next part. About the romance. I blame it on the cold bugs that have infiltrated my brain and rewritten its code-of-conduct. Stupid little critters.

Moving on. AH! They kissed! AH! YAY! I'm so happy! But then, of course, Arnold had to go and completely, utterly RUIN the moment. *sigh* Poor Helga. I am suprised that he was so...blunt with it. Not really out of character, just. I don't know. And she calls him? Arnold's lucky Helga didn't tear him limb from limb. But he makes up for the betrayal and hurt by hanging up on Lila and trying to convince Helga that he wants to be with her.

Until Monday,

Samantha

PS. Sorry I took so long to review this time. I was going to Monday and it just didn't happen and now I'm sick. *groans* I need Tylenol...
Roxynomekop chapter 4 . 1/3/2006
Not to make the phrase sound to over used, but, I'M LOVING THE DRAMA!

Its funny whenever I read these type of scenes I always wonder, "Why is she running away?" Then I think, you are not Helga, you do not know how she feels. Its one of those "doi!" moments but it always gets me. Sheesh.

Although I am a bit confused as to why Arnold was asking for a "Christmas Kiss" from Helga, I hope things will be cleared up in the future. I really liked the response from Helga though. Her reaction was so uncharacteristic of her yet it was so characteristic at the same time. Do not know if that makes any sense but I liked that fact. After all, things that do not make sense always seem more conventionally mysterious. Great little scene you created with that.

I cannot wait until the whole conflict unravels! I know it will be interesting. Keep up the wonderful work!

Hoping my reviews are becoming a bit more constructive, Roxy
weartheseshorts chapter 4 . 1/2/2006
Urgh. I of course stayed at my family's home for the New Year's weekend, and I let out a loud "UGH", and you shoulda seen the looks I got. Anyway!

Great story, it's really getting me frustrated, but oh well, this was expected. Helga listen to him! Darnit!

I hope Phoebe helps string it all together.

thats me