Reviews for Workin'
mystjade chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
short, but sweet, in a bitter, mobster, bloody, kind of way . . .
batfan7 chapter 1 . 12/13/2005
Wow, very well done! I wouldn't have thought of doing this story for the thug's POV, but you sure did a fantastic job of it. I enjoyed it a lot!
LuoLiBei chapter 1 . 12/13/2005
Very nice! I really liked this OCs POV, it was a really good voice for the story, and very original in my experience. He was an interesting guy, not too terrible, but not too sympathetic either. In the end there's a feeling he got what he deserved and no pity for him, but he doesn't seem the type who'd want it anyway. I'd like to see him confront Robin later, except I don't think he'd ever go beyond being a small time enforcer so he wouldn't have much of a chance to go after let alone get Robin. :) It's nice that Robin got to put away the actual people responsible for his parents' deaths, though the laughter has me a bit perplexed. Does he realize these are the same guys he saw as a kid or did he not make the connection at all? I tend to think he didn't, but it's hard to tell from another person's POV. I also have to wonder, can Batman and/or Robin actually testify in court? I guess in a world with superheroes, secret identities might be respected more than the thought of some masked person trying to testify anonymously in our courts. :) A pleasure to read your skilled writing, as always. Keep it up!
SmallInsect chapter 1 . 12/13/2005
A haunting and powerful story and it had a good sense of personal style. You’ve managed quite a feat here, doing a great job of humanizing a man who might otherwise seen very 2D. You’ve put across a character that both cares for his wife and family, and yet has no qualms about destroying another’s. Or at least, ACTS as if he doesn’t though there's obviously an emotion in there somewhere. You’ve also done this in a way that makes them a convincing and realistic and constant character. Not a mean feat.

I’m still trying to work out whether or not he realizes just who Robin is.

Good grammar and consistent rule-break spelling too, especially considering your style. I’m impressed. Very. Onto my faves it goes
Hiyami chapter 1 . 12/12/2005
o0... Hehe... He'll never figure it out! Great fic! Is there another chapter or is it a one-shot? Keep up the good work!