Reviews for As I Was Saying
PonyDroverHPT chapter 16 . 1/29/2010
Oh my god. Best. Fanfiction. Ever. I was sobbing all over myself, especially in that last chapter. I especially love Darry & Ponyboy stories that are all sappy and nice, and you just blew it out of the water! Congratulations! Keep it going.

Birdgirl204 chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
Actually, I found some interview with Hinton, in which she said that, although she wasn't going to write a sequel, Soda died two weeks before his 19th birthday in Vietnam, Pony became an author and wrote under the name "P. M. Curtis", Steve came back from 'Nam addicted to smack and later became a drug counselor . . . I forget Darry and Two-Bit, though. I think that Darry never moved out of the house . . . .
Birdgirl204 chapter 16 . 2/13/2009
Well, I had tears going down my cheeks by the end of Soda's letter, as well. This is really much deeper into Darry and Pony's relationship after Soda's death, than I've ever thought . . . good job, even though it's so depressing.
elfchic02 chapter 16 . 3/2/2006
All I have to say This story is incredible. While I was reading the last chapter, and especially during Soda's letter, I was bawling like a baby. I'm the middle child of my family, and reading this chapter got me thinking what if I was gone, what would happen to my family? This story is beautifully done, and the last bit about Steve's letter being read by the boys just finishes it up nicely. There aren't very many Outsider fanfics out there that are really well written, but after reading this, I guess the caliber has changed into a whole new scale for me. Keep up the good work, and once again great job!

*sniffles loudly and blows nose*
LeviosaFlight chapter 16 . 2/17/2006
OMG...I'M BAWLING LIKE A BABY! Wow...:: sniffs :: My mom is freaking out, thinking I'm hurt or something right now...heh...anyway, this is...amazing. I love it.
theoutsiders1966 chapter 16 . 1/28/2006
This was a real nice story! Fortunetly you ended it in a happier note. Soda's letter, along with Steve's really brought me tears in my eyes as i was reading it. I dug this idea of Soda's arm longing for Ponyboy. As for the ending, it was fitting and moving and it gave an insightful and emotional relationship between the brothers. Once Again, Keep up the good works!
NaleyBrucasFan - aka Lizzy chapter 16 . 1/19/2006
Great Job Meghan! Another one of your great stories! Keep up the great work!
palpravda chapter 16 . 1/18/2006
A very fitting ending for that story. It's great to see a story finish on just the perfect note, and that was definitely what you accomplished in the last chapter. Well done.
LizzyJoCurtis chapter 16 . 1/18/2006
I have never ever cried for real while reading a story...and this...Soda's letter...made me do it. I can't imagine it..Throughout the whole letter I could hear Soda reading it, his voice. Like when Pony is reading johnny's letter? That was exactly how it was so sad, so heart-felt just like Soda would have said it if he was alive. This story has been great. Good Job and count on seeing me again ;)
melchick chapter 16 . 1/18/2006

i didnt think this chap was ganna be this good (sorry) i thought it was gonna b another one of those i just wanna make my story the longest typathings but you realy did a wonderful job. Your letters had me in tears and at 12:00 at night my parents were getting a bit worried bout y i was up so late and in tears :) lol

AMAZING STORY! *the tear dropped from melchicks face and wetted the computer paper*

im not sure if i have said this before but when you reach stardome ... dont forget the little ppl :)

KeEp WrItInG YoUr AmAzInG StOrYs!

Carramine chapter 16 . 1/17/2006
That was terrific. A wonderful way to end it.

I love your writing. But can you please write something where no one actually dies? I'm think I'm all cried out... I mean, you can make it sad if you want, but I can't handle any more actual death... ;)

Seriously, you did a really good job with this story. You bring out a lot of emotion and depth, especially with Darry and Pony (they're my favorites anyway).

Well done!
Silverwitch07 chapter 16 . 1/17/2006
OMG! This was bittersweet...*sniffles, tears streaming down* Oh I loved this last chapter. It was so perfectly written. Steve's letter was brilliant, but nothing compared to Soda's...I really started to cry reading it. I look forward to reading more of your fics.
LadyLeelee87 chapter 16 . 1/17/2006
that was so sad but a fantastic ending to a fantastic story. I hope you come up with another soon
xMandy789 chapter 16 . 1/17/2006
This is such an emotional story! I loved it and I know everyone else did too! I'm glad tPonyboy and Darry's pain ended... just so you know, I'm pretty much crying a river! I think you're a great writer and I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading everything you write.

~ SodasGurl4Ever
Lacey chapter 16 . 1/17/2006
I really loved the last chapter and it made me cry. I wish I could have a letter that my brother wrote to me and my family. I think that that was a really good idea. The part with Steve and Two-Bit was really good too. With Steve coming to terms with Soda's death in Vietnam. Jason, a friend Branden made and his roommate at Fort Campbell, said that he came to terms with Branden's death alone on his tour. He calls and occasionally visits and I think the visit that Darry and Soda had with Josh was a great part of the story. You helped me move on more than I have probably in a year and I really enjoyed this story. I'm extremely sad to see it end, but it's a wonderful way to end. I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories.

Thank YOU for writing such a wonderful story and saying that I inspire you when really it's you that insipires me. Wonderful job. :o)

Love, "Miss Obie"