Reviews for The Hardest Walk
maxthehobbit chapter 19 . 2/18/2012
This was good up until about halfway through, then it went off kilter with killing Spike and making Angel a major character. Only 12 year old girls like Angel, he's just way too gay. After that it sorta went spastic, entetaning, but not believeable.
BookQ36 chapter 19 . 11/20/2011
Lovely story and very well done, but I don't think I can forgive you for killing off Spike.
George chapter 6 . 10/28/2009
I love your stories. Heck, I've read 56 of them so far and liked them all. This one however I'll stop reading here. Whatever you do, YOU CAN'T KILL SPIKE!
Alicia08 chapter 8 . 12/11/2006
Spike's death was sudden. Eh, I'm ok with it so it's all good. ANd the Warren bit had me giggling.
diamondforever chapter 5 . 7/28/2006
The Stephen King style you've got going in interesting - been noticing it in your stuff. You're crazy good!
PunkGirl chapter 17 . 1/8/2006
please don't kill Tara she is my favorite you kill her I will no longer review or read any of your please update soon and don't kill Tara or anyone else please!
Alani chapter 12 . 12/30/2005
*blinks* wow, I didn't see that one coming. A great twist!
Alani chapter 11 . 12/29/2005
This fic is getting better and better. The characters are so...in character. Keep it up!
chamekke chapter 10 . 12/24/2005
Another three chapters! I'm in bliss! Including a creepy-dreams sequence. Very absorbing.

The Brave-Sir-Robin scarpering of Willow and Tara is both convincing and disturbing. I completely understand why each of them decided to bolt, perfectly reasonable in a way, but their decision still leaves my gut churning.

Anyhow, specifics for this chapter. I just love your dialogue, especially stuff like this:

"You want to be evil again, you have to go through me. You know I've been looking for an excuse to fit you in a dustbuster." Xander really is most truly Xanderly when he's insulting a vampire, no?

"Look, magic is more than just being able to pronounce Latin, OK? It's something you're born with – like, I could learn everything there is to know about basketball and I'd still be three feet too short for the NBA." That's yummy... and the voice is unmistakeably Jonathan's.

But you know, I have a confession, the VampWillow solution took me completely by surprise. Interesting that it was Dawn who caught Anya's meaning first. Any chance we'll be learning, in flashback or present-day dialogue, about some of Dawn's faux experiences with VampWillow?

And speaking of vampires ... how *is* Dawn handling the sudden death of Spike? She seems to be remarkably matter-of-fact at the moment. Or is she simply floating on tranquilizers?

Anyway, I'm GLUED to this fanfic. I've got your most recent chapter bookmarked *on my desktop*. Now I'd never ask you to work over Christmas, but if you have the time... a new chapter would make a great New Year's present!

Proffering handfuls of virtual tens and twenties,

chamekke
L.Sordo chapter 10 . 12/23/2005
I stared reading this story and thought, "Hey, nicely rendered characters." So I decided to stay.

Then I saw how events unfolded and thought, "Hey, not much plot right now, but things are definitely moving - plus, very good character moments and a evry, very good Willow." So I decided to proceed to the following chapters.

Then you ripped out your readers' hearts and watched them bleed. Or, you dusted Spike in a very sudden way, which is more or less the same. And I thought, "Hey, how much like Joss is that? Totally true to the genre. Absolutely love it. And this story only has -ten- reviews? Life's not fair."

So I finished reading it, and longed for more, and got off my lazy behind and wrote this review. Powerless Scoobies, 360-degree angst, ominous portents and general foreshadowing. Spot-on characters. Minor glitches that may pass off as divertissements (like, I don't know, Warren-bashing? - eg). Love it, love it, love it.

Merry Christmas!

(or whatever else, political correctness can eat my shorts with sauce tartare and microwaved carrots)

And, please update. Soon. Like, now. K? ;-)
Alani chapter 10 . 12/23/2005
Ooh, the bad Willow. This fic has me hooked!
spbangel chapter 9 . 12/22/2005
no bring spike back make is spuffy i dont like angel much
Alani chapter 8 . 12/21/2005
Another good chapte but I don't like the idea of Tara and Willow just taking of when Dawn needs them the most.
chamekke chapter 7 . 12/21/2005
This story is superb - very fresh and intriguing. Your characterizations are spot-on, too; it's so refreshing to read a really intelligent, sympathetic Willow POV. I'm sad to see the end (?) of Spike, but what a way to go; and I'm *dying* to see where you're going with survivor!Tara and the others. Please continue!
Serrafina chapter 7 . 12/20/2005
I thought this was called Gotta Serve Somebody...I was reading it going, "Wait, this sounds familiar..." Took me awhile to make the connection though, I'm a bit on the slow side sometimes, especially when sleep deprived.