Reviews for Aang the Brave
avatarislife chapter 10 . 7/16/2012
omggg i lovee this fic im only starting to read some of these n i know its been awhile but i hope u update this cause im soo eager to to find out what happens so i just want to let you know that there r still people reading this n i hope that motivates u to write more :D
Natalis chapter 10 . 8/12/2010
God! The story... The story wasn't over? *teardrops* I was ready to be fascinated with climaxes...

It's been years, I know. And it might be too late for my words here to make any meaning to you at all :p but for the sake of my sanity let me just get it out of my system.

So.

I. Love. This. Like, a lot. First thing I want to applaud is your skill in building up a non canonical world on which everything is detailed, sensibly catching. The series never give us much stuffs about this age when everything hasn't changed, when the war hasn't started, and you don't know how eager I am to know. Not only beacuse Aang's my favorite, it's just I'm sure there is some depth in the series' setting on which it's very interesting to explore. Aang's past is one.

Next, I guess it's hard for ff writers to squeeze in new characters without being off course or ended up creating them with personally induced preferences, but I got a hint that you're naturally neutral and fair to your story. I like how you carefully paint their personalities and make them unique. I bet you can tell much, much more if you continue your story, but ok, I won't babble more about it now.

Then the flow of the story is nice. The shift between scenes and dialogs and all, I'd wished you could picture more foreshadowing of Aang's latent avatar-ity, but I got a sense you were saving it for later, CMIIW (a 'later' that will not arrive :( what a shame.) And you're dong great with your descriptive skills, I tell ya.

One thing I'm kind of troubled is just how easy the monks snapped, and how many fancy words they can express :p or maybe Aang's the only role model for monks we have in the series so he doesn't exactly represent the entire temper of Air Nomads, but yeah... lol

Thanks again for the good read, if there's ever a slightest chance for this story to go on... ah...
Natalis chapter 7 . 8/12/2010
"Actually, I've seen hog monkeys, and they don't have horns!"

AAAAH, I love that! Oh the joy of youth hahahaha
Natalis chapter 4 . 8/12/2010
Lol Uncontrollable Sneezes FTW. I'd love to levitate after sneezes...

Let me read all the chapters before giving a serious review, ok? :D
Missed Nin chapter 10 . 3/14/2009
Heya,

I realise this is some 3 years old now, but I'm looking around the Avatar section and this is one of the most interesting things I've found. Interesting ideas about the rights and wrongs of cultures, interesting original characters (who actually act their ages!), entertaining dialogue and plot - overall, I'd just like to say that this is a piece of writing I thoroughly enjoyed. As fanfic, and also as a piece of world-building and a thematically interesting little story on its own. Well done on having written this much this well, and if you ever update I'm sure I'll enjoy seeing what happens next!

Thanks,

Min
Ishka chapter 10 . 3/2/2008
It's too bad that you've probably abandoned this fic because it really is fantastic. But, I'm going to leave a review anyway and hope you still get it.

This is the best Avatar fic with great Aang characterization and OCs that are alive and intriguing. Your take on the air nomads is really interesting and believable. Great work!
Shadow Wasserson chapter 10 . 11/27/2007
Now, I know you havn't updated this story in a long time, so you are unlikely to continue it, but I feel like I just have to review, because it is just so wonderful.

This is the best take on air nomad life that I've seen so far. It is beleivable and full, with interesting, fully realized OCs, history and tradition (the whole 'sky bison are good luck' thing was genius, and I love the little intro passages), nicely subtle humor (hog-monkeys don't have horns!), and fantaststic characterization. You have a gift for beleivable dialogue. The description is evocative without being too flowery and over-the-top, and the whole story has a sweet tenderness to it. It's like reading Tom Sawyer or something. Just a bunch of boys out on an adventure, nothing major. No need to save the world or find true love, just an adventure. As I read this, I keep getting pangs as I remember that all the characters except for Aang are likely to die horribly, but I think this just adds to the sweet nostalgia of the story.

As much as it is likely too late now, I must encourage you to continue this story. it truly is excellent.
Marfbag chapter 10 . 4/21/2007
Dang...! This is so awesome. Like, I read your Kataang fic ((brilliant by the way)) from a rec site for Kataang and out of curiosity clicked on this story and have so much love for you when I read what it was about. First of all, thank heavens you are an Aang fan, or at least like him enough to write about him. You've done and amazing job. Not only have you kept Aang in character but you've managed to make this fic seem so canon like with a crazy amount of OC's ((Good ones too)) and a setting and culture we don't really know about. I've always been interested in the Air Nomads and thier culture as we know so little about. I also like how you took Jinju and made him into a sympathetic character. Your OCs are so great and bring theri own unique characters into the Avatarverse without taking over the story. Plus, I love you twice as much for your awesome intros. They really seem like stories from the Avatarworld that people would tell. Covers some interesting plotholes too. My only regret is that this story can't be part of the show. ::sigh:: much loves and I hope you never stop writing Aang and Avatar, as I adore both. :) Adding you to my Fav story and author alert and I'll be sure to pimp this story as much as I can if that's okay with you. Again, I'm rambleing but great job! Can't wait for your updates.

As it does help with my AWS...Season 3...;_; where art thou?

-Tai
Caranora chapter 10 . 4/1/2007
This has got to be the best fic up here! It's so great, sososo great! I wish you'd update it, it's so wonderful!
paige chapter 10 . 12/14/2006
Dude, (or dudet) are you like ever going to update?
Growly Genet chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
I want to say first off that I highly enjoy your story. And I'd like to ask you if I can quote a couple of sentences from your story in the chapter quote of a fanfiction I'm currently working on.
MormonMaiden chapter 10 . 9/12/2006
Wow. I read all of this in one sitting. I am so impressed...

Wow. Fantasmic.
Amira Elizabeth chapter 10 . 8/24/2006
YAY! I get home from a particularly icky day at work to find one of my favorite fics has been updated! Excellent chapter al always. Aang's world and his life come alive in your writing. Bravo.
Paige 0 chapter 3 . 8/24/2006
Wow this is really great! It's like your a pro, i hate it when people make marysues and plots that only the author you did it perfect! I mean your added characters are like real not stupid wanna be dream dudes.

keep going dude it's great.
Danette LaBrie chapter 10 . 8/24/2006
Awesomeness! Are we supposed to know what the secret is, if so then i'm pretty stupid LOL.