Reviews for Chess
Sana Lama Samaha chapter 1 . 5/8
Bring the pawn across the board and turn it into a queen!
Autumn Leaf Ninja chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
This is the product of our raw creativity. Seriously, this was an excellent idea, and excellently written as well.
Keep up the great work!
- Ninja :3
Guest chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
D':
Red-Dream chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
In retrospect, I suppose that, for the sake of Togepi, I should hit the 'Report Abuse' button the bottom, but I don't think that would actually work the way intended. I am sad now.
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
Cool idea! This is a very good application of the chess metaphor. I really like the Togepi's characterisation and the trainer seems pretty interesting too.
Phantom reviewer chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
One day, that Togepi's gonna evolve into a Togekiss, and that trainers gonna take an aerial ace to the back.

-pr
blackthunder whitefire chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
This story is really clever, the whole idea of linking back to chess is really interesting, sorry if I sound silly but I just find this so clever, I'm going to fav this! :D
pyr0technic chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Haha, the author's note explained it ALL SO WELL xDDD
IcecreamSyndrome chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Wow, that was really creative, compairing the Pokemon to chess pieces. That poor Togepi! :(
Yuuki no Yuki chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Interesting story, makes me think about the way I play pokemon. Not that I'd ever willingly sacrafice one pokemon consistantly but I have used the fainting of one to my advantage...poor pawn if she only knew the rules of chess their would be so many comebacks she could make...because with a promotion little pawn could easily becoma a queen. (Hm maybe a promotion is an evolution in the pokeworld?) Well that trainer was mean no doubt, but he also seemed to win a lot of battles and I know I've never turned a game off because I won the battle but sacraficed a pokemon...
Illusion-Factory chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Loved the story, and his system of naming even if he's kinda a jerk. But now for the rebuttal quote: "It was always the small things that caused the greatest movement. In a game of chess, sometimes it was the pawn that captured the King."
CarpeDiemEveryday chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Wow. (yeah, hi again) Um, I was trying to read myself to sleep here, but now I think I'm just going to be sitting up late, looking at my team in Emerald and wondering if I'm like that. What a jerkish trainer. He distinctly reminds me of Artemis Fowl (dunno if you know who that is, but he would so treat his 'mons like that, like chess pieces)

But on the other hand, this oneshot portrays a trainer who uses his own methods and doesn't beat around the bush about it. I'm not saying I agree with him, but you kind of have to respect his conviction in what he does, that he'd name all his Pokemon for the parts they must play. Clever, clever.

Writing this review is making me feel nice and sedate. Loved the story, in case that isn't all too clear. *yawn* Now I really must go sleep.

Cheers, Skitty. You're a great writer.

Carp
N.L. Mars chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
That's such an emotional story.

I love the connection between pokemon battles and chess.

Poor Togepi, being constantly sacrificed. It's trainer is so mean. :(

I loved this story. Well done :)
Keeper of Fatestones chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Th-that's horrible! Those types of trainers disgust me! I weep over the loss of every member, no matter the level... It's true though, a lot of people will sacrifice so-called "pawns" to set their oponents up... I use Exp. Share or put the weak one first (then switch it, of course). Nonetheless, this was an incredible fic (and yet, not a fic at all... A truth really...)
RhythmicRhapsody chapter 1 . 8/9/2009