Reviews for Playing for Position
MoonWiccan6 chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Loved it!
ABundleOfDaydreams chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Nostalgic Beauty chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
This was great! Chase was always an interesting character. You could never guess what he was going to do, and you have to have a certain something to survive alone with House for six months.
koralina chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Great story! I enjoyed every word! It felt like I did see their interaction! Thank you!
Kermitty chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
I know it's been ages, but still... Like like like, but what's not to like about it. Great story. Sounds like something that could actually have happened. I wish they would have done a flashback episode in the show.

Love,

Kermitty
ForeverRainingFire chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Cute story. I really enjoyed it and it makes me want to learn more about chess. My game could really use some work.
Stine chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
OK, this was awesome. Just awesome :)
UchidaKarasu chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Yo.

Love! This was simply fabulous! I'm so happy I read this. There were a couple of little mistakes, but they were easy to overlook on an overall stature, so well done!

Ja ne!

UK.
Califaction chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
I loved this story! People seem to forget that the ducklings didn't all show up at the same time, and you did an amazing job delving into House and Chase's pre-Cameron-and-Foreman relationship. Your vision of Chase's past-his mother loving Beethoven, his father shaking his hand and leaving without a word after Chase's chess victory-is captivating, but I am even more impressed at how slyly you slip in these little histories, matter-of-factly and without a deviation from Chase's character. Other hard little details, like the Ruy Lopez variation, House making sure to ask if Chase has seen enough movies to know 'the whole "reading your rights" thing,' Chase having to call four terminals in the ICU and getting better at 'breaking bad news to hopeful faces,' the gambling, and even the M&M conference that House only attends when he can 'take a swipe at another doctor,' all make this story more real and intense. (While the topic is near, Chase feeling more uncomfortable disappointing House than breaking the law was a bittersweet moment for me. House's power over people can be a fearsome, wonderful thing.) Second-person POV can be a bit chancy in fanfiction, but I got so absorbed in the story that I never even thought to notice it until I started reviewing. One of my favorite lines: "...you're used to living in misery and this doesn't even come close. It's a relief. House needs to work on his cold shoulder treatment before you'll become nostalgic." The snark and the brutal honesty are Chase all the way, as are his practical politeness to the nurses, his self-flagellation (tackling 'the concerto he never could learn') and his self-preserving observational skills. I love that Chase knows not to get between House and his soaps, knows what offerings will please him, that he 'keeps track of the highs and lows' and sees House 'leaning hard on his cane and riding a Vicodin downdraft.' Your phrasing is beautiful, by the way-the way you choose your words makes this fic an aesthetic joy to read. House 'flying higher than any jet' and Chase 'playing Plato to House's Socrates' will stick with me.

Thank you for writing and posting!
irezel chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
all i can do is smile...:) this was really nice! :D
R-Gomeni chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
Very interesting: House isn't an archive I've delved into much, but the psychological aspects of this story really caught my interest- and kept it. Thanks for a good read :D
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
Wonderful!
Potterworm chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
Awesome story. I loved the style of it.
alexceasar chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Wonderful job. Loved this look into Chase's head at time of going to work for House. It would definately be an interesting time and adjustment. Loved the play in his sandbox. too funny. very nicely done.
CinnamonStuff chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
This is a very nice story, I like it

Original idea, maybe you could continue from Cameron POV?

Would love to read that D

Thanks for writing,