Reviews for Hogsmeade Wassail
Possum132 chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
Enjoyable - but are they a bit mean to poor old Filch?
Queen of the Badgers chapter 1 . 12/27/2005
Ha! 'But if you do draw us a bowl of the small / Then down shall go butler, bowl and all' - I love that. (I feel sorry for Filch, though) It's a real carol? Wow, I've never heard it before. Or maybe I have, but I've just never remembered what it was called...

Hm.

I have an image in my mind of Ron, with cheeks flushed from the cold (and embarrassment, maybe), wrapped up in red and gold scarf, singing with the rest of the boys but every now and then, sneaking looks at Madam Rosmerta out of the corner of his eye. I'm sure the books mention him liking her somewhere...or maybe it was the film I'm thinking of...never mind.

Ah, coffee. Inspires so many to say, I haven't been back to that 'coffee' machine since.

What a long story that was.

Perhaps I should stop my rambling now.

I've always imagined Ernie Macmillan to have a high (slightly squeaky) voice too. Glad to see he's in the story, I do feel for Hufflepufflians. (One of the reasons why my penname is such) And Ravenclaws. Draco and Harry trying to outdo each other, each with their own little sidekicks (well, maybe not little in Crabbe and Goyle's case) supporting them is a nice touch to the story. Awh...

And now I'm off to read some more of your fics!

Bye,

QoB
Illusional Facade chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Cute, really cute. I'm not one for singing bu this fic is really cute. Suits the Christmass season. :)
Scoutcraft Piratess chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
Wow... I must say that this is as realistic as can be concerning how choirs go. Great job!
Deb-lil chapter 1 . 12/15/2005
Wow, cute singing fic. I see caffine and singing does for you what running does for me. The balance of this story was very unique and well done. I liked the division between the verses by a narrative from some unknown source. (Hell, for all we know, it's an unusally sane Luna!) I liked how the narration was in the present tense. That makes the reader feel like he or she can actually see the singing procession.

And of course, you've got all the in character dynamics. Harry and Draco trying to outdo each other while their respected comrades sing in support. And you put Ernie and Anthony in the fic! Fabulous, fabulous. I love it when the lesser-knowns get put into a story.

The first part of the fic was wicked fun to read because I kept getting a splitting image in my mind of the fellow who sings "Greensleeves". I see the barret, puffing leggings, and of course...the tunic! I don't know why, but that's what appeared in my head. Wierd, huh?

Okay, My favorite part of the song was this:

"But if you do draw us a bowl of the small Then down shall go butler, bowl and all."

Wowzah? What do they teach you guys in school? Your choir practice seems dangerously exciting. And you're allowed to have coffee? Man, you lot must have been bouncing off the walls both figuratively and literally.

But I still feel a bit bad for the butler. Poor butler. He'll be sent...ahem...south, dare I say it? But, as he represents Filch, than I step aside and let the star-boys send him to the abyss of the depths of Hell! Match that filthy Filchy, ha! *...sorry...*

Okay, I'll wrap this up before I talk your ear off again: I liked this fic quite a bit. I'm glad to see Harry singing, and be less mortified about it. That Lucia thing really did a number on him, I think. (But then again, it was justified because he was acting a cute, little cone-headed star-boy) I like your little one shots.

Bye!

~Deb-lil

p.s I'm going to do review replies when my email stops being wierd. I just don't want you thinking I'm being rude...
Luna Obsessed chapter 1 . 12/15/2005
That was sweet, nice idea too.

Now there are two other boys who step forward, claiming the attention, and no trace of uncertainty or shyness can be seen on their proud faces. Harry Potter, famous and infamous for numerous things, and Draco Malfoy, heir of the Malfoys. Their tenor voices are loud and clear. They sing in a rivalling way, each trying to outdo the other one in each passage of the verse. Crabbe and Goyle, both sons of the same, support their leader with their rumbling bass voices, lending his part a depth. Ron and Neville, loyally, do the same for Harry. Over it all, the high reaching voices of Ernie of Hufflepuff and Anthony of Ravenclaw soar, mending the rivalling parts and making them a whole.

That was my favourite part. Love how Malfoy and Harry are trying to outdo each other, it’s good too see Malfoy in particular singing in Hogsmeade. What made me laugh, however was when Ernie and Anthony were mentioned. Brought a smile to my face.

Liked your description of Ron and Neville also and the whole fic was very well-written. It’s not very often you see a story with no dialogue and I think this one shone partly because of that. Keep writing!

Tabby x