Reviews for My Father's Legacy
divergent-witch-within chapter 14 . 12/2/2014
hey!
why dont you update!
It had been 7 years...
I just started reading this story...
i think that maybe you can continue.
maybe that harry can brew that potion?
i dunno.
but this story is enjoyable!
allora123 chapter 14 . 12/28/2009
when next chapter?
tomboy chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
is this complete i know it says it isn't but you haven't wrote on it for awile! not to be rude but... UPDATE SOON PLEASSEE
tomboy chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
unless you want me to strangle someone you better update!

do to all respect,(I sound formal!)

tomboy
gfh chapter 14 . 3/19/2007
U NEED to update! I am dying to find out what happens! You are a really good writer! u should change the charactors and write a good start of without the harry potter thing and get it published! U r that good!
moonservant chapter 14 . 3/18/2007
Ah! Don't stop! Please please please update soon. I need to know what happens next! I await your update with great eagerness!
turdrocker chapter 13 . 10/6/2006
More chapters, Romy. D
harrypottercraze chapter 13 . 7/27/2006
this was so amazing its the best story i have read so far! i have been on this sight for three and a half years
GODDLY chapter 13 . 7/22/2006
Yay I finished CH12 aren't you pround of me; it only toke me like three mounths.
chase glasslace chapter 13 . 7/15/2006
I know how you feel, y'know. I'm 14 as well, and it can be very daunting to post my stuff on a site like this. C'mon, we're only just over the required age! And concrit scares me to death sometimes, too ).

You asked what AU was? It stands for Alternate Universe and it basically means that the story deviates from canon at some point in time. For example, a story where Harry went to live with Sirius after his parents died would be AU. This story would be AU because you're ignoring Draco's role in the events of HBP, etc.

Angst means anxiety or anguish and is used to describe fics where characters are generally pretty down/depressed. Harry's behaviour after Sirius died (lots of brooding, lots of moping) was pretty angsty. If a character is self-harming in a fic, you can chuck it into the angst category.

Anyway, I'm glad you didn't discontinue this fic. That would have been a shame. You're right - fan fiction isn't about writing an epic. My main point was that it was about making it the best you could, and IMHO there are characterisation/plot things that you could probably improve. But on the whole, I reckon this is a pretty good story and it's getting much better. This chapter was very interesting and I'm looking forward to the rest!

-Chase
WolfieMoon chapter 13 . 7/14/2006
Hey, it's me again! LOL about what Maria said. HeHe. Are they going to use veritesm or not?This is actually very complex. Maria is pretending to become freinds with them an dthey know but want to find out why so they're pretending to be friends with her...

BTW- You are not a big blondie, that would take away my status as the biggest blonde!
chase glasslace chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
Well, it's an interesting premise you've got here. I like the idea of a descendent of Voldemort living at Hogwarts very muchly.

There's a couple of things I wanted to point out with this fic - the first being that you've spelled Voldemort's name wrong every time you've mentioned it. It's "Voldemort", not "Voldermort".

Also, I think things would benefit from a little further explanation. You've got Slughorn teaching Potions and Dumbledore is dead - so this is obviously meant to be a seventh year fic. However, Malfoy is still at the school, and Harry is showing no inclinations of wanting to go off hunting for Horcruxes. I think you, at the very least, need to explain what Malfoy's doing at Hogwarts after what happened at the end of HBP.

I also think that the chances of someone at Hogwarts having the last name "Riddle" and _not_ being noticed by Harry, Ron or Hermione are pretty much zero. That said, it's unlikely that Maria's mother would even know that Voldemort was once called Tom Riddle. It isn't something he bandies about. Also, when everyone is learning the "Voices Hex", Professor Goldrod calls her by name. I can't see Harry missing a clue that big, not ever. So, maybe it'd work better if Maria's last name _wasn't_ Riddle. Just a suggestion, there.

Regarding the diary plotline, I think it's _very_ unlikely that Harry wouldn't go to McGonagall with something like this. Finding _any_ evidence of a Voldemort!descendent at Hogwarts would probably be cause for a full-scale alert. On that same subject, Hermione's initital dismissal of the diary probably isn't something she'd do. I know she didn't believe Harry about Malfoy last year, but after _that_ fiasco (and the actual proof in the diary) she'd be a lot more ready to listen, IMHO.

You might want to introduce a few sideplots or something to distract from the whole "Maria needs her diary back" thing. Every chapter seems to be solely about that, and it would be good to have some diversity. Perhaps some goings-on outside of Hogwarts (Voldemort plotting dastardly deeds regarding an invasion of Hogwarts?) would work well.

The character development of Maria is pretty good, and she isn't waving a massive flag saying "Mary Sue! Over Here!" Nice job on that, and I hope you can keep it up in the rest of the fic. "Daughter of Voldemort" fics have a nasty tendency of being a Sue breeding ground. The only thing I have to say on that is that you might want to properly explain how depressed Maria was feeling in that last chapter. You would think that she wouldn't be as isolated as she is. After all, Voldemort _was_ gone for thirteen years and she never knew him. All she'd have would be vague descriptions of what things were like during the First War, and of course the fear during the Second one. Remember that the entire wizarding world thought Voldemort was dead, and there's no reason for Maria to be an exception. As a younger girl she probably would have been less overshadowed by her heritage, because she would have thought it was gone forever. That would all have changed when Voldemort rose for a second time, of course. Maybe she could have isolated herself after that, because of her fear that she's a danger to herself and everyone else?

I hope you take this as the concrit you were asking for, and good luck with the rest of this fic!

-Chase
colorcrystals chapter 12 . 6/3/2006
YOU FINALLY UPDATED! It would be wise if you never waited that long to updated again. UPDATE!
noendtolove chapter 11 . 6/2/2006
Very nice. Liked all the chapters I've read . Keep up with the nice work! Tata for now!
noendtolove chapter 3 . 6/2/2006
Coolness! Maria is developing nicely I would say. She's becoming more in depth with her emotions! Keep up the good work. Oh and just so you know I believe I found a spelling/grammar error.

When you said:

"More people who hated her father, followed her father, or merely hated her CAME every year"

I think you meant:

"...or merely hated her COMING every year"

Just giving you a heads up buddy! Gotta watch your verb tenses!If you don't have a beta I'll do it for you! . Curse for me actually noticing that stuff now! lol. Next chapter...AWAY