Reviews for Black
Babyangel86 chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
"nothing is more painful, or more sweet, than love"

They have such an awkward relationship. I always enjoy thr worlds you create :-)
Nightcrawler's Shadow chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Stunning is the only word that properly describes this.
Victoriam Speramus chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
This is beautiful, to say the least.

Though I like to think that Max and Logan could have a happy ever after, I believe the last paragraph shows them just as they could have been.

Love it, one of the best things I've ever read.
ion bond chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
This is tremendous. I love that you remember (and remind of us) of the darkness of the world in which Max and Logan live, and I think your prose style is beautiful. My favorite parts are:

"She could die of anything and he cannot take this from her."

and

“'How are you?' he asks, his words hesitant, and she is sorry that she has given him reason to think that she will take offense at this question, at the intrusion into her life."

Logan and Max are each so damaged and so touchy - they are frustratingly careful with each other because they sense that they have to be.

I've read a few of your stories today, and they've all been great fun. Thank you! I see you've been gone for a while and I don't know if you will get this review, but I hope you're writing, wherever you landed. Also, it's cool that you used Louise Glück.
annie200 chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
I thought I'd read all your stuff, but I hadn't, and this was such a lovely surprise, especially as I know you don't do DA any more. Thank you.
Brian2008 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
A very powerful story! A somber tone, but with an underlying optimism. Quite memorable.
havocmangawip chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
The last paragraph was art... it was all art, but the last paragraph sums up Max and Logan.

Thank you!
TigrouAngel chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
I (almost) cried! A wonderful, wonderful story.
maxbyfive chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
i have no words except for "wow". that was amazing.
orca589 chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
As Always A pleasure to read. Glad you still visit DA. Your writing of Max and Logan draws you in and leaves you feeling their pain, desires and hopes.

This time, he kisses night is warm with the heat of their being, and they say never, never. never and finally, yes.

Thanks
Violet Eternity chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
This was beautiful.

The end was spectacular:

"They will argue and fight and touch; they will shout and cry and bleed. They will be each other’s everything, and nothing, and on one late spring day, they will read the newspaper together and she will laugh, which should tell them that this will never work. Max will lose another sister and Logan will almost lose Max: there will be hundreds of tiny moments leading to the culmination. There will be thousands of cracks and broken places, incomplete sentences and shattered glances. Both of them will think that nothing is more painful, or more sweet, than love. They will think of each other as immortal, despite what they know. They will live in a future that never comes true. They will live in the moment, they will live forever, she will breathe and he will smile. They won’t see the end when it comes in the whisper of dark wings in the sky, as it brushes silver on their horizon."

Amazing. ;)
Black Rose9 chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
as always, a pleasure.
ML Only chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
Intodust, I think you're about the only writer I've come across who can make an S1 romance fan fiction of DA really work. I admit, I was suspicious at first when I skipped to the last paragraph, (which I don't usually do) and saw you had them kiss. Thankfully, you've written about the complexities of their dance in a way that is totally faithful to the way each character was drawn in the series. Thank you for that! No mush, no sappiness, just the intrigue of the relationship between 2 complex individuals - lovely!
Mari83 chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
Wow! Perfect, wonderful and every other adjective in that area. That goes for the plot, the characterizations and your amazing style of writing / your ability to create these intense atmospheres and describe feelings so accurately.

It would take waay to much space to list all the things I liked especially...

The ending came kind of unexpected with Logan giving that poem to Max and their getting together despite everything but was nevertheless very appreciated.

Interesting subtitle / story description. Definitely made me think.

Apart from that, I agree with Annie and her agreement with Shywriter...
DillyP chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
I love your writing and I'm so happy you came back with a story. Thank you.