Reviews for Of Arranged Marriages and Butterbeers
Tina Powers chapter 28 . 7/29
Holy cow was the summery off on this story...
Consider chapter 5 . 7/7
This is terrible. Rape is NOT something you should be sexualizing. This is not cute, nor is it a believable love story. This is WRONG.

If you even paid attention to the characterization of Hermione you'd know that she would in NO WAY stand for this. She created an organization for house elves because she believed them to be in slave like environments which she though was wrong. The threats of rape and such (From Fred of all people) would not be tolerated by her. She has STANDARDS and I half expected her to curse Fred for treating her that way and snap him out of it rather than fall in love.

As it goes, I have standards as well and will not be going a page further. Please read what you wrote and think to yourself; Is what I wrote something to be proud of?

I'm sure JK Rowling would not be pleased find something like this on the internet about her characters.
nk01 chapter 28 . 6/18
Love it
Celtic Ice Dragon chapter 28 . 6/12
This was so cute! I love his reaction to the news! I thought it was so sweet that you made theirs the love story where the girl and the guy are both oblivious and don't notice the other looking. The looks Fred gave, be they about to kill someone or just filled with love that she could tell, I loved it all so much! I almost even want a sequel where they are raising the kid haha
jeanine0963 chapter 1 . 5/31
CONGRATULATIONS! The Fanatic Fanfics Multifandom Awards would like to inform you that you have been nominated in the following category:

1. All-Time Favorite Harry Potter Fanfic - Of Arranged Marriages and Butterbeers

The First Round of Voting will start on May 31st, 2015. We will take votes for two weeks before closing on June 14th, 2015. If you make it to the Second Round of voting, we will take votes from June 15th to June 22nd, 2015.

Feel free to let your readers know about this event, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

-Fanantic Fantics Multifandom Awards
.com
Chameleonxx chapter 28 . 5/8
Lovelyy
SQUIWREL chapter 27 . 3/10
I'm sorry but this story made me sad.
Constant threats of rape and bodily harm isn't romantic or 'bad-boyish'. Honestly I'm kind of sorry I read it.
bakesitvegan chapter 19 . 3/1
This story is insulting towards women and men. For those of you who dream of being in a relationship of domestic violence, male domination/ownership of women, then this is the story for you. I'm sorry if this story is for you. If you are looking for a HG/FW pairing, look elsewhere. The characters are so OOC they are practically OC with names from the book.
Goose chapter 4 . 2/2
Fred is OOC as hell. Story blows.
Guest chapter 11 . 12/12/2014
I really wanted to be able to finish this story, but I just can't. I suspect English is not your first language, (and I apologize if you said do somewhere and I missed it) and, if so, you did quite well all things considering. However, i couldn't get passed the constant grammatical errors. In addition, many parts of the story did not flow or make sense.
AmyAryasdaughter chapter 28 . 12/2/2014
Loved this story x Espcially this chapter haha , it made me LOL
Somebody325 chapter 28 . 11/6/2014
I had heard many times of this fic and thought I should read it. I'm sorry I did. I don't usually do negative reviews but this fic is pure domestic violence and abuse and people love it? What is wrong with everybody? Nobody should be treated how Hermione was treated, Fred should have been in Azakaban for 20 years for his disgusting behaviour! So much for 'the most brilliant witch of her time' who really should have known to curse him multiple times before running as far and as fast as possible. Spelling and grammar was pretty awful too, but plot and characterisation was much worse.
anonymous chapter 28 . 11/2/2014
I am actually sad that i even read this. I don't understand why you wrote it. Was it just me or was this story incredibly offensive to the female population? Throughout the whole story there were themes of rape and male domination. Fred was completely demanding, controlling, and aggressive. None being in an attractive way, which it seemed Hermione thought they were. He continuously said that Hermione 'belonged' to him. And throughout the story the girls were described as being so-and-so's bride as if the man should always be possessive over the woman. And why did he have to brand her like a cow. I swear I thought he was going to rape her right then and there.
For a while I have been a big fremione fan and I feel like they would have been a dynamic couple but this fix really disappointed me. And I won't even get started on the grammatical errors! Also I feel like there was a bit too much narration and not enough dialogue.
I also just wanted to say that after I read this story I had some really strong opinions (about the sexism, etc.) so I looked at the reviews to see if anyone felt the same way. I was really surprised at the amount of positivity and praise that this fanfic has received! I don't really understand it but I guess we all have our own opinions.
I am truly sorry if this offends you (or anyone really) but I mean all of this as constructive criticism.
(p.s. I put this on anonymous for a reason and it is NOT because I am a coward.)
awtr101fan chapter 28 . 6/17/2014
this was a great story. i'm kind of upset with fred for knowingly ignoring the bond he shared with Hermione. i'm even more upset with Dumbledore for telling him but not her about it. the times Hermione got chased due to the pheromones was kind of funny but I kind of felt bad for her at the same time. the two of them together are sexy though. any plans to make another fremoine fic? by the way, what were the rings fred wore around his neck?
sasha chapter 28 . 6/5/2014
this story was simply just beautiful it says everything that has to do with romance you are a fantastic writer
1,538 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »