Reviews for Scream
Ranna's Heart chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Poor Sam! You will find someone no matter what!
Sophie Townsend chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Very funny! think you should carry on my idea of a great story sam and lirael (not nick!) and humour! do u write any other stories?
juzblue chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Yes, it's funny in a way. But a good, solid fic otherwise. Keep up the good work!
Demure Seductress chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
ILOVEIT! It's so perfect - the angst and humor blend so neatly, you can't tell one from the other. You, my friend, have talent - as I'm sure you already know. Very lovely work.

Anyways, just know that I intend to find out if you have any more fics here. _ Count on my reviews!
kathleen chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
Hello! This one was really nice! Keep it up! You're a great writer! )
kremlinmirrors chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
Oh, I like it very much. So, you're a SamxLirael fan? ME TOO! XDXD I keep telling people to shut about incest because its just so OTP. You should read my fic, you know, it's SamxLirael all the way, hehe. I'm glad I've found someone else to fangirl with hehe.
Koneko-chan9 chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
I'm honored to be reviewing your work again! -

I liked this a lot, except that I still don't see the Lirael/Sameth pairing. He never showed signs of liking her that way in the book... and I'm a stickler for these things, lol.

But as for the writing, just a few suggestions. At the beginning, it's just Sameth talking to the reader. Then, about halfway through, there's some action, and he's moving. You can definitely keep that in, it's very effective, but I think you need a little more of his action towards the beginning. He's sitting somewhere, maybe, and doesn't like it because it reminds him of Lirael because of _, then launch into that bit. Walking somewhere earlier, I don't know. The memories are good too.

Also, really minor, something like the line "I get a strange sensation that the rain..." might be more effective if it was more direct. "I can't help feeling that the rain..." or something to that effect. He's acting here, so something more active than getting a feeling would make it stronger.

But yeah, the main thing I think is to either have him just thinking and acting, or just talking to the reader. You could do that by making the "scream" part a memory too - leave it at the same place and it would still make for a good ending.

I hope that's helpful! And again, I'm honored that you asked me to review your story. I know favorite stories can be touchy sometimes - I always have trouble taking criticisms of my favorites, even though I know I shouldn't... so it goes, ne?

Anyways, great story! I hope you write more!

~~Koneko-chan
belle.nisce chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
Nyeh. Yah can't win 'em all. Thanks anyway.
Aryn The Homocidal Maniac chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
EW!

THEY ARE RELATED!

SHE IS HIS AUNT!

THAT IS SO FUCKING WRONG!
checkerboxed chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
*whistles* that was intense. i applaud you.
Shadow chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
That was great! I'm also a big fan of Garth Nix and I think That story showed a side of Sam that no one had ever seen before! Great Work!
summerbluez chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
So sad...too bad she turned out to be his aunt,right?But the last part of your story was kinda funny!i juz wish this story was not a one-shot though*ahem,that's a clue for you to keep writing,bythe way*!
Cryptic Sarcasm chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
Hey, this story's called Scream and I'm called Shout. Isn't that weird?
PrincessEilonwy chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
Whoa. That was really good. . .Heh, this is a compliment right here: I'm much more into Lirael/Nick than Lirael/Sam, but your story made me feel bad for Sam and wish they could be together. Just for this one-shot, of course, she and Nick are so cute. . .Anyway. Lovely, lovely work. I love the way you get into Sam's head and really capture what he might feel on his darker days. And I think the ending is incredible.
atalanta chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
Hey, that's really pretty good. I wish there was more.