Reviews for Falling Past Friendship: Twelve Days at Christmas
Guest chapter 8 . 3/3/2014
charming and enjoyable. Given that this was your first story and the first of your stories that I've read I'm looking forward to see what else you have written.
Sailor's Wife chapter 8 . 4/28/2012
Finally a well written Sam/Daniel! Very, very well written! I found my self smiling ear to ear and laughing a good many times as well. The whole Christmas with the kids was absolutely spot on (guessing you have kids yourself), and the whole fic was super sweet.

Thanks so much for being the one to finally satisfly my need for a good Sam/Daniel.
bobcox26 chapter 8 . 6/22/2011
Thank you this is so much better then what the tv series did just because they think that they can't have two leads in love and have a show even when the parts are writen in that way. Also I never saw what Sam saw in Jack or any of the others, no one fitted her better than Daniel. Also Vala I could see as a best friend to both Daniel and Sam but Daniel never seem to find a real comfit zone with Vala for a romance to happen a very good firend but not as a wife
jayley chapter 8 . 4/4/2011
loved it! this is like 5 years later for you but still, good job:) i was totally a sam/jack fan on the show, but i've yet to read a story that made it realistic, and then along came the daniel stories, like this one!
jayley chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
awh, good save by daniel:)
Whirlwind421 chapter 8 . 10/13/2009
Awesome! I love it! Very sweet!
pstibbons chapter 6 . 5/21/2009
Best lines (for chapter 7 and 8 on a reread)

“He said he was home now. But I'm not sure what he meant. Then he kissed me.”

“Daniel kissed you?” 'It's about time,' Janet thought

"You have to stop being afraid of falling in love.”

“Does he make your toes tingle when he kisses you?”

“Yes, I feel warm all over.”

“Especially in certain areas?” Janet asked wickedly.

“I'll take that as a yes.”

“You're terrible.”

“And you're crazy if you don't go for it.”

“I'm afraid.”

“Of me?”

“Everyone I've ever allowed myself to care about ends up dead.”

“Oh, Sam,” Daniel tightened his grip around her. “You don't have to worry about that,” he tilted her chin up so she was looking at him, “I've already died.” Sam let out a choked laugh. “But I promise you this, if there is a way, I will always come home to you.”

It had hurt, at first that everyone seemed to avoid talking with him about his 'sabbatical'. He had lost a year of his life, although to him it felt like only a few days. Then he started to realize that people didn't really know how to discuss it.

Sam walked over to the tree and gave Jack a hand getting the lights arranged. “Who said I was changing my name, anyway, sir,” she whispered.

“The status change forms that had your name on them that crossed my desk earlier today.” Sam stared at him for a long moment. The general pretended to look exasperated. “I do read what I sign.” There was a defensive note in his voice. “Well, sometimes Walter just paraphrases for me but its the same thing.”

“My new room?” Cassie said quietly looking first to Sam then Daniel in confusion. “But I thought. . .”

Daniel pulled her close and lowered her voice so that no one else in the room could hear, “That since we were starting a new life together we wouldn't have room for you in it?” He hugged her tightly. “Don't be silly, for as long as you'll have us, we're yours. We may not be your parents, we may not even be your 'real' aunt and uncle, but we love you, Cass. You'll always have a home with us, even if it is just the place you come on semester breaks.”
pstibbons chapter 5 . 5/21/2009
best line:

“What if there was something between us, and we just didn't know it?”
pstibbons chapter 4 . 5/21/2009
best lines:

“She says she's not awake yet, Austin.”

“How'd you enjoy bunking down with Dad.”

“Selmak snores.”

Sam spit a mouthful of coffee back into the cup, her eyes wide with laughter, “Selmak?”

“Well, Jacob insists that he doesn't snore, so logically. . .”

“You were gone, and you weren't coming back,” she whispered into his shirt. “I couldn't do it. Christmas is about hope, and I'd lost mine.”
pstibbons chapter 8 . 4/4/2009
That was fun.
pstibbons chapter 7 . 4/4/2009
Best lines :

“How'd you enjoy bunking down with Dad.”

“Selmak snores.”

“Well, Jacob insists that he doesn't snore, so logically. . .” he gestured with his hands as if to indicate it was an obvious conclusion. Sam burst out laughing at the absurdity of it.

“It went missing from the tool shed.” 'I'm sure it did, all by itself, too,' Daniel thought. Teal'c could be quite devious. “So what are you doing instead.”
srcrib chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
I read this awhile back but didn't got the chance to review then. So I decided to take the chance now after reading it again as I was organizing my bookmarks.

This is a great plot idea and very, very, very well written. I love the dialog and the insight on the characters. The humor is also very welcomed and well done.

Without any doubt a must read for Sam/Daniel fans.

Please consider continuing to write this story's sequel and any other Sam/Daniel fics, you are a very good talented writer and I can't wait to read more of your work.
FlaWolfDog chapter 8 . 10/10/2008
I throughly enjoyed this entire story. I found it after it was completed, and read all the way through. I liked how you wrote the Daniel & Sam characters and were able to tie the story in between episodes and seasons, yet mentioned things we know from the show. I also enjoyed reading your Jacob, Jack, and Gen. Hammond, too. Thanks for writing. Am off to read the sequel!
Dreamer22 chapter 8 . 12/25/2007
I am very glad that this is one of the stories that you were able to finish as I have greatly enjoyed this story, very well done!
phoenixmagic1 chapter 8 . 8/16/2007